It is currently: May 03, '24, 2:53 pm

Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?

Postby PorkChop » Jul 08, '17, 2:04 pm

I'm not a conspiracy nut, though I ask this question as I was chatting to a mate recently who basically doesn't believe in any conspiracy theory, ever. We talked about loads of famous conspiracies and he believes the "official story" every time. He never questions or suspects anything at all about any event, ever. It's really quite strange.

I've never believed the "official story" about JFK's assassination. The magic bullet, grassy knoll, babuska lady, the autopsy... there's so many suspicious things surrounding the case.

I also suspect that David Kelly was killed and didn't commit suicide as reported. This might be one which non-Brits aren't familiar with, but it's quite interesting.

What conspiracy theories do you believe in?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 08, '17, 6:27 pm

JFK, MLK, John Lennon, Bob Marley and Tupac were all killed by a government op, likely tied to the CIA.

9/11 was an inside job.

Michael Jackson was killed by someone hired by Tommy Mottola of Sony.

Nobody was killed at Sandy Hook. It was a false flag/hoax.

There is a massive pedophilia problem not only in Hollywood and the music industry but all over the world.

Those are some that have some pretty good evidence to back them up.

The following are complete bullshit and likely perpetuated by the establishment to confuse people into discrediting legit conspiracy theories:

Flat earth. (Don't even get me started.)

Chem trails (Wouldn't that negatively affect the people who would in theory be creating them?)

Fake moon landing shot by Kubrick in a studio. (Nonsense. We gathered samples.)

Billionaires, royalty and politicians are in direct contact with aliens. (Life absolutely exists on other planets but to think that the elite are in contact with them gives those fuckers way too much credit.)

Any sort of reptilian humanoid crap. (Distraction.)

Climate change is a hoax. (Typical right-wing nonsense.)

I can definitely come up with more but these were off the top of my head.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Everlong » Jul 09, '17, 8:40 am

What reason would the government have to kill Marley or Tupac?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if JFK was assassinated by the CIA, I think there's reasonable suspicion there. Wouldn't be at all surprised if that wasn't the case, either. But that's one conspiracy theory I've never dismissed.

Definitely don't believe the 9/11 truther stuff, though, and ESPECIALLY not the Sandy Hook malarkey.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 09, '17, 9:11 am

Everlong wrote:What reason would the government have to kill Marley or Tupac?

For essentially the same reason that they killed MLK and Lennon. They were all leaders who spread a positive message that was against the agenda of the establishment. They were a threat. Obviously nobody has actual proof of these theories but there's enough reasons to consider it.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby PorkChop » Jul 09, '17, 10:39 am

VaderBomb wrote:

For essentially the same reason that they killed MLK and Lennon. They were all leaders who spread a positive message that was against the agenda of the establishment. They were a threat. Obviously nobody has actual proof of these theories but there's enough reasons to consider it.

Tupac's family were legitimately on CIA watchlists, but as far as I'm aware that's about as far as the "CIA killed Tupac" thing goes. I don't personally believe it, although there's reason to believe that he was under their microscope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afeni_Shakur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assata_Shakur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutulu_Shakur

As for John Lennon, Michael Jackson and Bob Marley - I'm not a believer.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 09, '17, 10:46 am

Do any of you guys personally know any flat-earthers? There's one dude that I know that constantly posts flat-earth memes on social media. It's pretty embarrassing. Clearly one of the dumbest theories of all time.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Viazon » Jul 09, '17, 10:55 am

VaderBomb wrote:Any sort of reptilian humanoid crap. (Distraction.)

But crab people are totally real though, right?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 09, '17, 2:31 pm

PorkChop wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:

Tupac's family were legitimately on CIA watchlists, but as far as I'm aware that's about as far as the "CIA killed Tupac" thing goes. I don't personally believe it, although there's reason to believe that he was under their microscope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afeni_Shakur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assata_Shakur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutulu_Shakur

I don't buy the CIA theory any more than the Suge Knight killed Tupac and as sensational as they would be, I'd advise anyone interested in the Tupac (and Biggie murders) to read a book called Murder Rap and the DVD of the same name. It clears up the stories with evidence. Have to admit though, as a teenager, the whole Tupac murder and the conspiracies around it was all believable (the suspects, the 'signs' in his songs and his 2003 resurrection)

I try not to think much in terms of conspiracies and listen to facts but many times I've felt shit that's fucked up or there's no media scrutiny.

In relation to 9/11, I think a lack of transparency doesn't help. I've always found it odd how the passports of the hijackers was the scene of the WTC and the Pentagon attack video not being fully released.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 09, '17, 3:45 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Do any of you guys personally know any flat-earthers?

AJ Styles?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Jul 09, '17, 4:44 pm

Vader, do you still believe that Trump took the Republican nomination just to throw the election and hand the presidency to Hillary? That's one conspiracy theory that I heard a bunch online last year that appears to have been proven thoroughly wrong.

I generally don't believe in conspiracy theories - at least not the more prominent ones. Because in each case hundreds or thousands of people spend years trying to prove these outlandish theories and they've never succeeded. Most of the time the theories seem to come from speculation around some of the more odd details of an event, but there's almost always a more logical explanation with more proof to support it.

The conspiracy theories that have become popular since the beginning of the internet age are the ones that bug me most. 9/11 being an inside job is a dumb theory anyway, because none of the theoretical motivations would warrant (or require) so much death and destruction. But if it was true, we would know by now. You can't keep something like that secret nowadays. The idea that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax is dumb for similar reasons.

The JFK assassination is the one major conspiracy theory I can think of that makes some sense to me.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 09, '17, 8:45 pm

Hanley! wrote:Vader, do you still believe that Trump took the Republican nomination just to throw the election and hand the presidency to Hillary? That's one conspiracy theory that I heard a bunch online last year that appears to have been proven thoroughly wrong.

It's tough to say. During the primaries I was almost sure of it, so there's a huge part of me that does believe that was the case. I felt as if everything Trump said was bullshit and that he didn't actually want to do crazy things like build the wall. He could've easily been playing the crazy fall-guy for the DNC with bat-shit ideas to secure the win for Clinton, but it turned out that he gained tons of support from misled and disenfranchised voters which I don't believe was the original plan. I believe that the DNC and the Clintons are so out of touch that they actually believed that it would work, despite all of Hillary's insane baggage.

Many could ask why a closet Democrat who is good friends with the Clintons would go full on establishment Republican? They were at each others weddings and Trump is actually Hillary's cousin (look it up). Bill Clinton even called Trump on the phone the day before he announced to run, which in my mind sounds pretty damn fishy considering all the shit talking. Also, Trump's daughter is best friends with Chelsea Clinton.

One reason why Trump could've went ahead with the right-wing policies that he spouted for months is that he actually managed to win and has a very large ego to uphold. It's been stated many times by people close to him that he spends most of his free time watching mainstream media to see what they say about him. Now that he's president and has secured himself as a huge part of American history, he didn't want people to look back and call his bluff. Hence why he's attempted most of the stupid shit that he ranted and raved about before the election.

Another even more sensible reason could be that the Republican party is controlled by Charles and David Koch. Trump is surrounded by yes-men working for the puppet masters, so in turn Trump is also being controlled by the Koch brothers. While Trump was running, the Kochs refused to endorse him and funded guys like Cruz and Rubio. Why would that be the case if Trump had many more supporters? The reason that makes the most sense to me was that the Kochs knew exactly what was going on and now that Trump actually won, they are manipulating him for their own private interests and are showing him who has the real power in American politics. The two of them together have more wealth and power than the Republican party. They control it and spent almost a billion dollars during the 2016 race to continue their reign.

In the end I feel as though Trump was intended to be the patsy for the DNC to crush the RNC for good and could have easily been taking shadow money from big democratic donors like George Soros. I remember him dodging questions during debates about Soros, saying things along the lines of "Leave Soros alone, he has enough problems." He also borrowed money from Soros to finance the construction of one of his towers if I remember correctly. Then all of a sudden, once he won the election he didn't give two shits about angering Soros because he was now working for his rivals, the even richer Charles and David Koch.

So all in all, considering guys like the Kochs and Soros control American politics, there is enough circumstantial evidence to question the entire debacle.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to The Pub