It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 10:42 am

Whats the word

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Whats the word

Postby Everlong » Feb 24, '17, 11:00 pm

How yall doin?

Been slow around here, just thought I'd check in and see what's new in ya'lls lives!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Whats the word

Postby Settee » Feb 25, '17, 2:25 am

Still haven't killed myself, I suppose that's a good thing. :tim

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 49

Postby DBSoT » Feb 25, '17, 7:18 am

Wedding planning and work mostly. I don't suggest ever trying to put together a wedding in less than a year.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Feb 25, '17, 9:18 am

Settee wrote:Still haven't killed myself, I suppose that's a good thing. :tim

In the end, that's all any of us can hope for really :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Feb 25, '17, 10:28 am

@Settee starting us off on an optimistic note. :lol

More of the same for me really. Job is going well, but is insanely busy. I'm starting to look elsewhere though, because I want to move out of the city in a couple of years so we can buy our own house. They're much too expensive in Dublin.

Other than that we've been keeping busy lately, seeing plenty of shows, movies, concerts and things. I'm trying to get stuck into more writing at the moment also, because I've been really lazy with it since Christmas.

Chilling out at home today, looking forward to Ireland burning @HFX by whooping France again. Seeing Divine Comedy tomorrow, so that'll be a nice finish to the weekend.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Ali » Feb 25, '17, 11:17 am

The bi--*gets shot*

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby PorkChop » Feb 26, '17, 4:45 pm

Things are alright. I moved to London to start a new job a few months ago, but it hasn't been an easy ride. My workload has become extremely difficult to manage and my housemates would test the patience of a saint.

I've taken up martial arts again and I've started quite a big voluntary project, so I'm keeping busy. Could be better, could be worse.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 27, '17, 12:55 pm

Work is getting busy with so many things to do (little plug for my thread in here relating to that) and then there are the day to day tensions that are challenging.

Other than that, just the same sadly. Life at 30, ATM, feels unfulfilling somehow.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Viazon » Feb 27, '17, 3:43 pm

I kind of got a promotion at work. At least I'm calling it a promotion. I got a role in a different department. I've gotten my own Windows log on and work email account and it's more money. I'm technically still a "warehouse operative" but I'm calling it a promotion.

Also my sister told me I'm gonna be my nieces godfather at her christening which is pretty cool.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 27, '17, 8:30 pm

Viazon wrote:I kind of got a promotion at work. At least I'm calling it a promotion. I got a role in a different department. I've gotten my own Windows log on and work email account and it's more money. I'm technically still a "warehouse operative" but I'm calling it a promotion.

Also my sister told me I'm gonna be my nieces godfather at her christening which is pretty cool.

Does this mean you're not on the warehouse floor doing the day-to-day stuff and bit more office based? That's good news man, my brother's worked in a call centre for over a decade and I can't fathom why he's not taken advantage of opportunities to move into a more office based routine than having to take shit on the other line of a phone.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Viazon » Feb 28, '17, 11:40 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Viazon wrote:I kind of got a promotion at work. At least I'm calling it a promotion. I got a role in a different department. I've gotten my own Windows log on and work email account and it's more money. I'm technically still a "warehouse operative" but I'm calling it a promotion.

Does this mean you're not on the warehouse floor doing the day-to-day stuff and bit more office based? That's good news man, my brother's worked in a call centre for over a decade and I can't fathom why he's not taken advantage of opportunities to move into a more office based routine than having to take shit on the other line of a phone.

Yes and no. I still work in the actual warehouse. But rather than being a picker and packer like I used to be, I am now part of the inventory control team. Basically, when there is any issues with the inventory, we need to sort it out. If there are any pallets of stock missing, we need to find it. If a certain amount of stock is needed for an order, we need to ensure we have enough in the warehouse. If there are any damages, we have to deal with it. Things of that nature. We don't work in an office per se, but on the warehouse floor there are computers desks and chairs set up where we base ourselves. Anything who has a problem with the inventory can email us and then we can look into it. My main role withing the inventory team though is to deal with the disposals. Basically a client will send a list of their stock they want disposed off. It's up to me to get all that stock, consolidate it all together and get it ready to be picked up. It's a pretty sweet gig I've got going. I got away from picking which is a nightmare now. Everyone still doing it is telling me how lucky I am. They are constantly under pressure to work fast and get the job done and their rates are constantly under watch by the managers. I don't have to worry about that sort of thing now. Best of all, when I really have nothing to do, I just take a piece of paper, walk around with it on a clipboard and it looks like I'm doing something.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 01, '17, 7:35 pm

Well first off my old warhorse laptop died on me, hence my lack of time spent around here online lately. Not big on going online on my phone web browsing. But I got a brand new one and so far so good so I should be around regularly now again!

Perhaps the bigger news, my older sister just had her first baby, meaning I am officially a first time uncle!! It's pretty cool.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to The Pub