It is currently: May 05, '24, 5:05 pm

How much do you research a restaurant before visiting?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

How much do you research a restaurant before visiting?

Postby HardcoreLegend » Dec 22, '16, 6:41 pm

When choosing a place to go out to eat, how much do you look into the restaurant before deciding?

I usually dont look at reviews and such (unless I'm choosing a restaurant for an occasion) as I often find people will only go online to review if they've had an absolutely amazing experience or if they've had a terrible one. Makes it hard to get an all round fee of the place. I will usually check the menu before I go, just get a bit of an idea of what's available and what I might order.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 50

Re: How much do you research a restaurant before visiting?

Postby The Legend » Dec 22, '16, 7:17 pm

I for the most part don't go to new restaurants all that often (when I go out I have my half dozen or so standbys), but when I do looking at the menu is pretty much my extent of it.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Westcoastvibes » Dec 22, '16, 9:27 pm

I very rarely try new places. When i do it mostly bassed on the menu and prices.

If they are offering a all you can eat crab dinner for $5.00 then its probably gonna be shit. If its 4 crab legs for $50.00 then its to rich for my blood and you are paying for the atmosphere over the food.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Everlong » Dec 23, '16, 2:11 pm

Depends on the kind of restaurant. I do love to go to new places, as Milwaukee is a great food city. I don't usually look at reviews, but I'll probably check out a menu ahead of time and see if there are a few things that stick out to me.

Also, the beer selection can be very important :P

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to The Pub