It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:48 pm

Your Christmas at work

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Your Christmas at work

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 04, '16, 2:34 pm

I don't celebrate Christmas so at this time of the year, the environment has been, for the last two years, been fairly pleasant at work. We've had a Christmas tree, decorations and a Secret Santa. I decided not to participate in the latter as I didn't feel comfortable someone forking out money for me when I don't celebrate. We've gone out as a team prior to Christmas for lunch and it has been enjoyable. When you're a small team which we are, it's a good bonding opportunity and forget about work.

This year though, we have a new boss who seems not interested in Christmas from a personal and professional point of view. That's fair enough on the former, but would hope you make some effort at work but he's not really allowing us to do anything what we've done previously including not finishing earlier the day before Christmas. I'm more disappointed as it can affect team harmony but he's the man, his decision.

What are plans for you all at work?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Your Christmas at work

Postby Everlong » Dec 04, '16, 2:37 pm

Well I work from home, so basically I have my Christmas tree and decorations here to keep me company :P We do have an annual holiday party in January though. Everyone in the company (there aren't a ton of us) comes into town and we do dinner, some other kind of activity and drinks later on. This year my colleagues will actually be coming to see a show I'm in, which will be cool.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » Dec 04, '16, 3:08 pm

I do uber now so I'll be drinking cider swerving lane to lane with the tree air fresher

At home I might put up a fake tree or some shit idk my family is pretty far away so not much point

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Locke » Dec 04, '16, 3:11 pm

We close Christmas Eve no matter the day it falls upon, because we know it's hard to get to families.. Also if it falls on a particularly difficult day (like Sunday or Monday) we give the prior Friday and Money & Tuesday off for travel.

This was mostly because I demanded it but I can remember growing up, my father was never around for any holiday. He never defended himself or demanded it. I do. Now my father has many days off with me, it's been supremely beneficial to our family time.

We don't lose a dime, either, we're just 10x as busy when we reopen after the holidays. Worth it, to me

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Return to The Pub