It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:23 pm

Interesting article on Rhyno's political campaign and civility between candidates.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Interesting article on Rhyno's political campaign and civility between candidates.

Postby DBSoT » Nov 08, '16, 8:07 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/meet- ... 23591.html

With today being the culmination of the most vitriolic presidential race in recent memory, I figured it would be nice to read a story about political civility. It is about WWE's Rhyno's run for State Representative in Dearborn, MI and how he balances the campaign with his WWE life. It is also about how he and his opponent are genuinely cordial and friendly with each other. There is a short part where Rhyno basically admits he would be done working with WWE if he were to win. So we could be seeing the end of Beauty and the Man-Beast soon.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: Interesting article on Rhyno's political campaign and civility between candidates.

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 11, '16, 1:35 am

He didn't win either :(

Rhyno wrote:The numbers are in and I regret to say I was unsuccessful in my bid for State Representative, 15th District (Dearborn). But I was very successful in becoming closer to my community, knocking on doors, talking with residents, and just forming a bond.

I knew going into this that Dearborn is a Democratic district and it would be an up hill battle, a battle I was willing to take on. Myself and my volunteers created something out of nothing (a campaign), we pushed forward with honor and pride. I'm very proud to of had them in my corner. I'm also proud of my opponent Abdullah Hammoud, we agreed on some issues and disagreed on others. He and his volunteers worked extreme hard and did it with honor. It was a clean race that focused on ideas and issues.

I would personally like to thank every person that voted for me, I'm deeply honored to of earned your support and vote. Thank you!

One of the many things I enjoyed in my campaign was talking at schools in my community, something I will continue to do moving forward. The kids loved me being there and they had great questions. I know I've inspired them. Hopefully I inspired you! So go to council meetings, volunteer in your community and just get involved. We all know it's a great feeling when you make a difference in someone's life.

So thank you for all your well wishes, and may God Bless us all

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Return to The Pub