It is currently: May 23, '24, 4:49 am

How do topics disappear?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Re: How do topics disappear?

Postby Everlong » Jun 18, '15, 1:19 pm

^We have an ignore feature. And I'd encourage people to use it.

I'm going to lock this thread, because it's pointless to keep this shit dragging out. But I'm going to tell it like it is, and if people want to leave the site over this then go ahead and do so. We may be small, but I have no patience for having to moderate petty bullshit.

@SKS, you and several other people are deliberately trolling @The Legend, and don't even try to act like you're not. @HFX, you help nothing by being SKS's personal cheerleader in these situations and encouraging douchebag behavior. I know you said nothing, but Legend was completely justified in delivering neg rep to SKS in topics that were posted deliberately with the intent to piss him off at a time he was likely already pissed after a big Cavs loss. SKS and @SlightlyJames, you guys don't really help by talking shit in the shoutbox and continuing to troll the man in posts. @Porkchop, you're one of the most reliable people I've got on this place, but you need to be able to handle these situations with more tact. You're approaching Legend far too harshly and one-sidedly in situations where you need to remain impartial and fair as a moderator.

Meanwhile, John, you know I love you, but you have GOT to take this shit less seriously, because the more you react to this kind of stuff the more people are going to keep coming at you to try to get a rise out of you, especially when people like SKS have decided to start getting their jollies out of trolling. None of this shit was worth drama spilling over into multiple topics.

For a website with like, 40-50 active members who check in every day and another 30ish who come in every couple weeks, we have way too much bullshit drama and it's annoying having to deal with it. There are only 3 rules on this site, one of which is don't be a dick. It's not hard. @Circled Square has managed to do just fine with it since coming back.

I was working on getting a new marketing kick going today for this forum since we've got the best match thread up and running. Within the next couple days I'm going to try out possible new avenues to get people in to this site. You all can decide whether you all want to come off like a bunch of whiny children or a bunch of awesome people who are fun to hang around and bullshit with. Because for most of you here, you're the latter. And that's what makes this place worth coming back to.

That's all I have to say. Topic closed. Stop trolling, stop being dicks, stop carrying on with all the BS drama that nobody wants to hear.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Previous

Return to The Pub