It is currently: Jun 17, '24, 8:39 am

I got my first tattoo...

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

I got my first tattoo...

Postby HardcoreLegend » Apr 07, '15, 5:00 pm

Last week I got a tattoo on my leg. Nothing of great detail, a fairly small solid blank ankh. There's no real story behind it, other than the fact I wanted a tattoo and took the plunge and got this symbol. Everyone hyped up the pain factor but to be honest, I didn't find it that bad. Certain parts were a bit nippy, but it wasn't unbearable. However I do think that was down to placement/size/lack of detail.

I now feel like I want something bigger and more detailed, so I'm currently thinking about what I'd like.

Anyone thinking about getting anything done? Anyone got any major tattoo regrets?

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 50

Re: I got my first tattoo...

Postby Kirbi » Apr 07, '15, 5:20 pm

Weirdly enough, I sometimes feel regret about the specific tattoo I didn't get.

I was seriously considering getting one in my late teens, and I almost certainly would've if I'd had the spare cash at the time.

I spent a lot of time on it; I designed it myself, and it meant something to me. I still think about it from time to time... I'd want to get it somewhere that wouldn't show at work or anything, though.

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 11

Postby Westcoastvibes » Apr 07, '15, 8:53 pm

No regrats, not even one letter. :D

Seriously though, of the many I have I only regret is not taking care of them better. My wife has multiple ones and hers all look like they were just done a week ago, mine all look like they were done 20 years ago in prison with home made tools :lol

Welcome to the club brother, you can't stop at one and the thirst will devour you.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Kein » Apr 07, '15, 9:09 pm

I hear tattoos are addictive after your first, you kinda want more. I got 5 tattoos on my first run in, they are kind of a set though so even though they could be 5 individual tattoos they all represent a core thing to me, so I usually just say I got a tattoo. I do want more, I have no idea where I want them or what they would be though. I am not an advocate of simply getting a tattoo cause it looks cool, it certainly is art but to me my own tattoos will all have more meaning.

I have no regrets, I had considered a couple of different designs and meaning for many years, as I have always been fond of tattoos in general. Like most for my first one I was scared of regretting it and I spent a lot of time pondering concepts I'd like to permanently wear. In the end, I canned my original ideas, thought up what I have now, and a week later I took the dive and I couldn't be happier still. I should go get them touched up though, it has been 2 and a half years.

To me the pain was nothing, I didn't get them on particularly sensitive spots, but the best way I can describe it is if someone took a nail (like a hammer and nail), applied a bit of pressure on your skin, and started making small circles with the tip. It's not really that painful but it gets annoying if anything and your skin eventually gets a little more sensitive, but nothing to cry about.

I have considered tattoos on my wrist, my ribs, and my upper or central abdomen. Also possibly down the calf of my leg. However even though I know placements I don't know the concepts :(

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Return to The Pub