It is currently: May 23, '24, 5:55 am

Favoriet Podcasts

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Favoriet Podcasts

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 06, '15, 7:09 pm

I just got into listening to podcasts in the last few months. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations. Post your favorites for other people to check out!

History
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - This show is a history fans dream come true, so awesome. He really humanizes what happened and makes you feel the emotion of the people who were living through it. It's an amazing show. Warning though his pod casts are long as fuck, I love it, but it may not work for some people. Also start with completed series, because it can take forever for a new episode.
Also check out Dan Carlin's Common Sense, it's a fascinating politics show. He keeps it pretty down the middle, and has very interesting takes and concepts.

Wrestling
Steve Austin Show/ Steve Austin Show Unleashed - The guys is just funny and has great guests.
Talk Is Jericho - He is annoying as hell when he does his ads and whole spiel, but he does awesome interviews. Check out the one he just did with Lanny Poffo, so good.

Comedy

Deathsquad's Kill Tony - It's a pretty interesting concept. A panel of 3 comedians give random people in the audience 1 minute of mic time to do a routine, and then they judge them.
Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast - He talks about pointless random stuff, I just think he's funny.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 62

Re: Favoriet Podcasts

Postby Hanley! » Feb 06, '15, 7:14 pm

For wrestling, OSW Review is far and away the best thing that I've found. They upload everything as videos, but I believe there's a podcast version too. It's just 3 Irish guys reviewing old wrestling pay per views in serious detail, and they're really fucking funny. It's filled with in-jokes and taking the piss out of wrestlers and arguing over how good Lex Luger is. And comparisons between wrestlers and chocolate bars.

I really can't do it justice. I'd definitely recommend it to you guys. I first found it when I was home sick a little while ago, and it did more to get me back into wrestling than NXT did.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: Favoriet Podcasts

Postby PorkChop » Feb 07, '15, 1:11 pm

Luke Thomas' Promotional Malpractice
MMA Beat
Art of Manliness
TED

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Return to The Pub