It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 3:01 pm

Just watched Gravity.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Just watched Gravity.

Postby Viazon » Aug 27, '14, 4:46 pm

You may wonder why this isn't in the TV and Movies section. Well, watching the movie inspired me to make this topic and is not about the actual movie itself. So thought it belonged here.

Say you are an astronaut and you can flown off into space. You are floating out into nothingness and you have absolutely no hope of being found. This is the end of you. How long you would wait before you decided to just pack it all in and take off your space helmet? Would you do in straight away to get it over with or would you float there for a while and take in all of the amazing sights of the universe before you die?

I would probably float there for a while. Probably wait until I am running low on oxygen. Or until I start getting really hungry. I hate being hungry.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: Just watched Gravity.

Postby War Daddy » Aug 27, '14, 4:53 pm

Knowing my luck, I'd get sucked into a wormhole and pop out the other side in Futurama style.

Not that I'd be mad or anything.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby Viazon » Aug 27, '14, 5:13 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Knowing my luck, I'd get sucked into a wormhole and pop out the other side in Futurama style.

That would be fucking awesome!

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Aug 27, '14, 5:16 pm

Neither I would have the astronaut I was tethered to give just an ever so slight tug on the tether and join her in being rescued. Since that it how space works what with out friction and all.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Viazon » Aug 27, '14, 5:29 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:Neither I would have the astronaut I was tethered to give just an ever so slight tug on the tether and join her in being rescued. Since that it how space works what with out friction and all.

But what if that's not an option? As in, the hypothetical situation I mentioned.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Aug 27, '14, 5:43 pm

Then I'd guess I would go on for a while then let a small hole in my suit so it goes nice and slow and I pass out.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby UTK » Aug 27, '14, 7:05 pm

I mean, as a trained astronaut, I'd be able to do all the shit Sandra Bullock's character (who wasn't even an astronaut) did. And totally not die.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Viazon » Aug 27, '14, 7:14 pm

UTK wrote:I mean, as a trained astronaut, I'd be able to do all the shit Sandra Bullock's character (who wasn't even an astronaut) did. And totally not die.

Well it would seem like she, as non astronaut, would able to do it aswell. Seeing as she survived.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Aug 27, '14, 11:17 pm

You like like reading this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cosmonauts

It's a theory that the Soviets sent astronauts into space before Yuri Gagarin, but they never made it back. It's pretty creepy.

Being stranded in space and accepting your fate would be the most beautiful, terrifying death I can imagine.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby UTK » Aug 28, '14, 2:10 pm

Viazon wrote:
UTK wrote:I mean, as a trained astronaut, I'd be able to do all the shit Sandra Bullock's character (who wasn't even an astronaut) did. And totally not die.

Well it would seem like she, as non astronaut, would able to do it aswell. Seeing as she survived.

I haven't seen the movie since it came out, but didn't George Clooney tell her what to do?

UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby prophet » Aug 28, '14, 2:27 pm

UTK wrote:
Viazon wrote:

I haven't seen the movie since it came out, but didn't George Clooney tell her what to do?

Clooney finds her somehow if memory serves.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534

Postby Viazon » Aug 28, '14, 5:17 pm

UTK wrote:
Viazon wrote:

I'll be honest, I wasn't really paying attention.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby UTK » Aug 28, '14, 7:28 pm

prophet wrote:
UTK wrote:
Viazon wrote:

Clooney finds her somehow if memory serves.

We can all find Clooney in our hearts, but that's not the point.

UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby HardcoreLegend » Aug 29, '14, 12:56 pm

I wouldn't do anything. I'd just chill out and enjoy the ride. Once I felt like I was dying though, I'd end it quickly.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Return to The Pub