It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 4:41 pm

I knew it.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

I knew it.

Postby Viazon » Jun 28, '14, 9:01 am

Don't you hate it when you get a feeling about a certain thing or situation and it turns out to be right?

So there is this girl I know who now lives in Australia. We used to get on really well until she moved away. We haven't really spoken in years. Couple of weeks ago, she gets back in contact with me. We start talking again. I thought, well this is nice. Was nice talking to her again after so long. As it turns out she was having trouble with her boyfriend. So much so that she was considering moving back to England to start over again. Then I started thinking, I bet she is only talking to me again because she is going through a tough time. I bet once it gets sorted out she will stop talking to me again.

Anyway, we were chatting every day, like we used to. It was nice. Eventually she started getting less and less talkative. She hasn't spoken to me now in a few days. I was browsing Facebook today and saw she had posted a new picture of her cosying up with her boyfriend. Turns out they worked it out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her and everything. But it doesn't feel very good to know that this so called friend only had any interest in talking to me when she felt like it. Now she is back with her boyfriend, she obviously doesn't wanna chat anymore.

My instincts were correct right from the beginning.

Last edited by Viazon on Jun 28, '14, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: I knew it.

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jun 28, '14, 9:36 am

I thought you were going to say that bird you fancied really liked you but waited for you to ask her out so she could run and dump her boyfriend for you, but you never did.

But yeah, just think of it as doing a good dead for the day.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby Twister » Jun 28, '14, 10:26 am

Yeah that sucks, I've had similar happen to me a couple of times in the past although stupid naive me didn't realize it a the time, I can definitely see it now looking back.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby SKS » Jun 28, '14, 10:53 am

This story ended a lot better than I had expected. :lol

Hoes, man. They use you for emotional support than toss you out like a used tampon. Just keep doing you.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Everlong » Jun 29, '14, 12:26 pm

If anything, I'd feel glad that people think of you as being someone they can trust enough to go to you with their problems.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Kein » Jun 29, '14, 12:34 pm

I got a lady friend who does the same thing to me. It's pretty lame, but its up to you what you will allow others to do to you or not. Now that you know you can avoid her as you please or you can bring it on knowing what it really is.

Live and learn.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Return to The Pub