It is currently: Jun 22, '24, 7:33 pm

Anyone else feel empty after a one night stand?

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Anyone else feel empty after a one night stand?

Postby PorkChop » Jun 21, '14, 6:37 pm

Last night I slept with a girl I've known since college. We had an on/off thing a few years back, but we kind of lost touch until a few months ago. We ended up getting back in contact through a friend, met up last night and watched The Fault in our Stars (solid movie btw, would watch again) and afterwards we had sex.

Leaving her flat this morning, I felt what I can only describe as emptiness. I felt hollow, bleak and a little bit depressed. I'm not entirely sure why I felt this way, but it was awful.

For the record, I wasn't really interested in pursuing a relationship with this girl in the first place and I'm still not. Things were pretty clear beforehand that it was a 'sex and only sex' type of deal, and I'm fine with that. She's hot, but she's not really the type of girl I'd want as a girlfriend (I will elaborate if necessary).

So I'm not entirely sure why I felt this way, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar feeling after a one night stand.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Anyone else feel empty after a one night stand?

Postby Chewy » Jun 21, '14, 8:20 pm

If you were still full then you did sex wrong.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jun 21, '14, 10:35 pm

I always feel empty after the third or fourth round, after a sandwich and some more beer I'm good to go again though

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Everlong » Jun 22, '14, 7:46 pm

Yeah, I've felt that way before. I'm sure many people have, it's fairly common. I guess the question is whether this was a symptom of a larger issue for you, or whether this was just a one-time feeling. For me, it was definitely a symptom of a larger restlessness/duress.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Georgerv » Jun 23, '14, 8:47 am

Yup, had a few one night stands in my first year of Uni and was miserable after each one. So I don't have them anymore.

Well that and I got fat

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby Everlong » Jun 23, '14, 8:55 am

Georgerv wrote:Well that and I got fat

Gotta love a self-aware man :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby CavingSiberian » Jun 23, '14, 9:27 pm

From a girls point of view...

It depends on your state of mind. If you are truly happy by yourself and where your life is you won't necessarily feel empty. I think feeling empty after a one night stand is usually due to feeling lonely and wanting something more (albeit not with that person).

CavingSiberian Female
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 8

Postby War Daddy » Jun 23, '14, 9:29 pm

Nothing like a good cardio sesh in the morning!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Chewy » Jun 24, '14, 2:18 am

CavingSiberian wrote:From a girls point of view...

It depends on your state of mind. If you are truly happy by yourself and where your life is you won't necessarily feel empty. I think feeling empty after a one night stand is usually due to feeling lonely and wanting something more (albeit not with that person).

The last thing you'd be feeling is empty darling....

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » Jun 24, '14, 3:17 am

Chewy wrote:

Oh Chewy, you charmer.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby ShaneOfan » Jun 24, '14, 7:21 am

I know I always did. I mean I was never a big fan of most of the ECW guys. And while I didn't like the extreme violence of ECW (not squeamish it was just to over the top sometimes) it felt weird seeing it nerfed for WWE. Each one had a few decent matches but very pretty disapoint and I never felt satisfied.

The Lance Storm vs Y2J from the first one was a good match, as was the Eddie vs Benoit one. The rest of the card sucked.

The second one had to many non ECW guys but that didn't bother me to much. Still it made it seem like it wasn't ECW. Just a hardcore card. Which is fine now as Extreme Rules, just shouldn't have had the ECW logo. The Angle Orton match was decent. The others were okay but not great.

Third one was shit. I mean Jeff and Fat Hardy vs WGTT wasn't bad but the card was rubbish.

The last one... it had like two ECW guys on it. It was utter shit and it killed the "ECW" concept.

Yeah over all I felt progressively empty after each one. Glad they dropped the concept.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby prophet » Jun 24, '14, 7:48 am

There's always the initial shame and minging feeling as soon as you've finished shagging her but that aside I've never felt 'empty' after a one night stand. If like you say you were both clear on the fact it was 'sex and sex only' then I'm not sure why you felt that way after you'd left...maybe it had something to do with the fact you went to watch The Fault In Our Stars (come on mate, horrible movie to go see with a girl you only intend to fuck haha)

If you knew she wanted something else, potentially serious, from it then yeah I've felt that way a bit with lasses but in my experience the empty feeling subsides and is replaced by a 'fucking fuck off' feeling when they won't stop texting you and become super keen to spend time with you. Hope that helps :D

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Twister » Jun 24, '14, 8:10 am

Agree wholeheartedly with this. I think most of the time if you're left feeling empty after a ONS then that usually means there's something missing in your life or you have some sort of void that you're trying to fill - at least in my experience. It could just be a fleeting feeling.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Viazon » Jun 24, '14, 8:28 am

I don't know if I would call it an "empty" feeling. But I did feel like shit once. Just finished having sex with this girl and she wanted to lie there and stay with her until the morning. I just wanted to leave.

I realised then how unsatisfying it was to sleep with someone you don't really have any proper feelings for and who you don't see a long term future with. When I am with a girl a really like and I want a relationship with, I love staying there with her and waking up next to her the next morning. With this girl, as soon as we were done, I just wanted out. I made an excuse and bailed. She was a little angry and I felt really bad.

It was then that I realised that I have no interest in hooking up with random girls and look like to meet a nice girl and have a relationship.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby CavingSiberian » Jun 24, '14, 11:54 am

Chewy wrote:

:fry

CavingSiberian Female
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 8

Postby Daz » Jun 24, '14, 12:42 pm

Think it's just a simple case of you being emotionally mature enough to want to make an actual connection with somebody and have a real relationship, so this sort of thing is no longer as fulfilling as it once was. Nothing wrong with that all young man.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 24, '14, 4:38 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:I know I always did. I mean I was never a big fan of most of the ECW guys. And while I didn't like the extreme violence of ECW (not squeamish it was just to over the top sometimes) it felt weird seeing it nerfed for WWE. Each one had a few decent matches but very pretty disapoint and I never felt satisfied.

The Lance Storm vs Y2J from the first one was a good match, as was the Eddie vs Benoit one. The rest of the card sucked.

The second one had to many non ECW guys but that didn't bother me to much. Still it made it seem like it wasn't ECW. Just a hardcore card. Which is fine now as Extreme Rules, just shouldn't have had the ECW logo. The Angle Orton match was decent. The others were okay but not great.

Third one was shit. I mean Jeff and Fat Hardy vs WGTT wasn't bad but the card was rubbish.

The last one... it had like two ECW guys on it. It was utter shit and it killed the "ECW" concept.

Yeah over all I felt progressively empty after each one. Glad they dropped the concept.

I just need to quote this cos no one else is reacting to it lmao

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Chewy » Jun 25, '14, 2:14 am

CavingSiberian wrote:
Chewy wrote:

I meant that I have a large cock.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Jun 25, '14, 6:36 am

Chewy wrote:
CavingSiberian wrote:
Chewy wrote:

:brock

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Chewy » Jun 25, '14, 3:05 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:
Chewy wrote:
CavingSiberian wrote:
Chewy wrote:

:brock

:vince

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Next

Return to The Pub