It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 6:53 pm

Question about laptop brightness.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Question about laptop brightness.

Postby Viazon » Jun 05, '14, 5:33 pm

I have another question about my laptop and it's yet again something I have no knowledge on.

Usually, when the charger for your laptop is plugged in, the screen is brighter. When you unplug, the screen goes dimmer. This is what I have been used to.

Now, for some reason, it appears to be the other way around. I don't know if I accidentally changed it some how but I have no idea how to change it back. Does anyone know how?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Re: Question about laptop brightness.

Postby PorkChop » Jun 05, '14, 6:06 pm

On my keyboard F2 and F3 control the brightness. If yours is different, go to the computer's control panel.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Re: Question about laptop brightness.

Postby blackparade » Jun 05, '14, 6:52 pm

in your taskbar, there's the battery icon. at least there's supposed to be one. you can click it and select power options, then customize each setting for what happens when you have it plugged in or not.

there will be a setting to turn off the display, put the computer to sleep. then a screen brightness adjuster for the "plugged in" and "on battery' options.

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Return to The Pub