It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 6:16 pm

Am I in love? I think I might be in love.

Come introduce yourself, have a drink and talk about anything! This is the place for any and all off-topic conversations.

Re: Am I in love? I think I might be in love.

Postby Hanley! » May 08, '14, 12:52 pm

Locke wrote:Especially if she knew how you felt, if she didn't feel the same she was selfish by not distancing herself and continuing to hurt you.

That's not how these things should ever work. If she was deliberately leading him on then sure, that's selfish. But that pretty clearly was not the case here. She had a boyfriend and therefore obviously wasn't available to hook up with anyone else. She could reasonably presume that any male friends she had were just friends, and even if she thought one of them was crushing on her, why should it be her responsibility to end the friendship? Just because the guy can't keep his hormones under control.

No offense meant, Viazon. I don't think you've done anything wrong, it's just that I don't believe that she has either. I hope everything works out okay anyway. It seems like this might be for the best in terms of helping you to move on.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Chewy » May 08, '14, 3:05 pm

Viazon wrote:
Chewy wrote:Hang on she's Polish?

Why don't you just buy one just like her off the internet?

It wouldn't be her.

They're all the same. Pretty but slightly mad and smell of cabbage.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Postby Viazon » May 08, '14, 5:44 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Locke wrote:Especially if she knew how you felt, if she didn't feel the same she was selfish by not distancing herself and continuing to hurt you.

That's not how these things should ever work. If she was deliberately leading him on then sure, that's selfish. But that pretty clearly was not the case here. She had a boyfriend and therefore obviously wasn't available to hook up with anyone else. She could reasonably presume that any male friends she had were just friends, and even if she thought one of them was crushing on her, why should it be her responsibility to end the friendship? Just because the guy can't keep his hormones under control.

No offense meant, Viazon. I don't think you've done anything wrong, it's just that I don't believe that she has either. I hope everything works out okay anyway. It seems like this might be for the best in terms of helping you to move on.

I don't think she has done anything wrong either. Whether or not she knows I like her, I have never let her known it myself. And I have never like she was leading me on. She has never tried to be anything more than a friend to me.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 244

Postby Locke » May 08, '14, 6:25 pm

Hanley! wrote:

Because it sounds to me from this thread she was flirty as fuck-all still with Viazon and that's just wrong.

If my gal sat around texting some other dude all the time I wouldn't like it. Be as "mature" about it as you like. Just no for me.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby CavingSiberian » May 09, '14, 6:53 pm

Locke wrote:
Hanley! wrote:

Because it sounds to me from this thread she was flirty as fuck-all still with Viazon and that's just wrong.

If my gal sat around texting some other dude all the time I wouldn't like it. Be as "mature" about it as you like. Just no for me.

I agree!

If she knows how he feels and continues to flirt it feels like she is keeping him as an option. You know, just in case something goes wrong with the first one. I've been treated like that, both from the side of the friend of someone in a relationship and on the side where I was the girlfriend and he was chatting up a LOT of girls... Seriously... I'm sure it works that way with some girls too. She likes the attention and encourages it, doesn't want to do anything to lose it but still lets you know she has a boyfriend because that means she TECHNICALLY isn't crossing any boundaries. Honestly, depending on the conversation, it could be a form of emotional infidelity.

CavingSiberian Female
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 8

Postby Viazon » May 09, '14, 7:01 pm

She has never really flirted with me though. She has always just treated me as a friend.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » May 09, '14, 7:11 pm

Yeah, this girl is basically just guilty of being friendly to a co-worker. I think we can put the pitchforks away.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Chewy » May 09, '14, 7:24 pm

Hanley! wrote:Yeah, this girl is basically just guilty of being friendly to a co-worker. I think we can put the pitchforks away.

And we can all agree that Viazon would likely fall in love with a curly wurly if it said hello to him.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Viazon » Jun 01, '14, 8:41 pm

So in 7 days, this girl will be gone. She has her last day off work on Thursday. A bunch of us went out for a meal and some drinks last night as sort of a farewell party for her. Was good to actually hang out with her outside of work in social environment. Gonna suck when she goes but at least if she his out of sight, then I can get past her. Was a decent night out. Didn't get too drunk, which is a good thing. I was very careful with that. When I get too drunk, I get too honest and I didn't blurt out my feelings towards her or say something stupid.

So that's the end of this story. Life goes on now.

Also, in case any of you were wondering what this girl looks like, have a gander. Plus, I feel this is a nice picture and just wanna share it! :)

Spoiler:

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Jun 01, '14, 8:49 pm

Now that the story has officially ended, I think this has Pub Classics written all over it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Camstud » Jun 01, '14, 9:00 pm

Everlong wrote:Now that the story has officially ended, I think this has Pub Classics written all over it.

:crybaby :salute What a beautiful story it was.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby Locke » Jun 01, '14, 9:01 pm

I think Viazon's been a good enough sport about all of it, do we need to make this stuff permanent?

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Camstud » Jun 01, '14, 9:37 pm

Locke wrote:I think Viazon's been a good enough sport about all of it, do we need to make this stuff permanent?

I don't think Vince has any problem with this. If he does I'm sure he'll say bit as far as I can tell everyone has just enjoyed the thread and I for one think it should definitely be a classic.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Postby Viazon » Jun 02, '14, 4:01 am

If people truly think this should be a classic because it really is a classic thread then I am fine with it.

However, I hope it's not just because you guys think it was funny that I basically made myself look like an idiot here. I know some of you guys gave me a hard time in this thread and busted my balls a bit, and I'm with that. It's what we do here and I can take it. I don't mind you guys having a bit of fun at my expense. But just know that this whole ordeal has not been fun for me.

As I said before, you guys may think I am just being over emotional and sensitive about this situation but I do have very strong feelings for this girl. In a way I am glad she is leaving because it really has been torture seeing her every day and not being able to tell her how I feel. And it has really does really get to me when I even see her talking to other guys at work. Now I don't have to go through all that. I'm sure we will still keep in contact through Facebook or what have you but with her out of my life, I can move on.

So if you think this deserves to be in the classic section because it caused a lot of discussion and will go down in history as a great thread, then go for it. I just hope it isn't because you all thought I was I just acting like a big cry baby and you had fun giving me a hard time.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Jun 02, '14, 7:21 am

I was like 95% kidding, haha. :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Kein » Jun 02, '14, 9:21 am

I like you Viazon, and I am glad you see her being gone is a good thing even though you originally were really bummed out about it. Moving on is a big part of these things too. Honestly I am less interested in this girl now and more about the others you have met, your life is way more exciting than mine!

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Twister » Jun 02, '14, 9:54 am

Ahh Viazon, you've taken this thread really well in my opinion, props to you. I don't think you made yourself look like an idiot, you can't help how you feel! I bet it's a relief in a way knowing that this girl will soon be moving away and you will then be able to move on properly.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby Locke » Jun 02, '14, 9:57 am

Viazon, you're a fuckin' stand up dude. :tim

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Camstud » Jun 02, '14, 11:31 am

Viazon wrote:If people truly think this should be a classic because it really is a classic thread then I am fine with it.

However, I hope it's not just because you guys think it was funny that I basically made myself look like an idiot here. I know some of you guys gave me a hard time in this thread and busted my balls a bit, and I'm with that. It's what we do here and I can take it. I don't mind you guys having a bit of fun at my expense. But just know that this whole ordeal has not been fun for me.

As I said before, you guys may think I am just being over emotional and sensitive about this situation but I do have very strong feelings for this girl. In a way I am glad she is leaving because it really has been torture seeing her every day and not being able to tell her how I feel. And it has really does really get to me when I even see her talking to other guys at work. Now I don't have to go through all that. I'm sure we will still keep in contact through Facebook or what have you but with her out of my life, I can move on.

So if you think this deserves to be in the classic section because it caused a lot of discussion and will go down in history as a great thread, then go for it. I just hope it isn't because you all thought I was I just acting like a big cry baby and you had fun giving me a hard time.

We give you a lot of stick cos we know you can take it. It's like how you give your best friend loads of shit because you have a good understanding with them. Don't think for a minute we were laughing at you, or think you're pathetic or whatever. Not the case at all mate. This thread has just been the source of many great jokes from everyone, yourself included!

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:

Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Postby Viazon » Jun 03, '14, 4:22 pm

Everlong wrote:I was like 95% kidding, haha. :lol

I didn't really think about it anyway until people starting bringing up what I might think about it! :lol I don't give a shit either way.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Previous

Return to The Pub