It is currently: Apr 24, '24, 1:44 pm

Roundtable 3 - WWE Wrestlemania 31

Participate in Squared Circle Roundtables for monthly prediction contests for pay per view events! Participate in as many as you can to be atop the leaderboard at the end of the year.

Moderator: Hanley!

Re: Roundtable 3 - WWE Wrestlemania 31

Postby EmperorWu » Mar 30, '15, 3:28 pm

Well I did quite a bit better than I expected. Congrats Prophet, you just skyrocketed past us. :clap

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Hanley! » Mar 30, '15, 3:36 pm

Damn, I was so close to putting down that Sheamus wouldn't appear. I was one of the few that didn't use him in the battle royal. Changed my mind at the last minute for some dumb reason and said he'd show up somewhere. Wouldn't have won me the Roundtable anyway, the ladder match screwed me up. I lost a couple of points straight away on that one.

Can I suggest though that giving 5 points for the bonus questions might be a bit much in future? It seems to me that guessing the match winners should be worth as much as the other questions. I still would have lost hard if it was done this way, so I'm not working any angle here. I just think it seems a bit more fair.

Congrats anyway prophet, you had a pretty stellar showing here. You're going to be hard to beat going forward!

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Mar 30, '15, 3:42 pm

Hanley! wrote:Can I suggest though that giving 5 points for the bonus questions might be a bit much in future? It seems to me that guessing the match winners should be worth as much as the other questions. I still would have lost hard if it was done this way, so I'm not working any angle here. I just think it seems a bit more fair.

The bonus questions are usually only worth a point, I made them worth 5 for Wrestlemania as it's a special occasion so this shouldn't be an issue going forward. I opted to make the bonus questions more valuable as they're more unpredictable and would have more of direct impact on the results as most of the time bar one or two matches everybody chooses the same picks. Like I say though, this won't be an issue for the rest of the year! :)

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Mar 30, '15, 4:13 pm

I'd love to know how I managed to skip the Battle Royal. Doubt it would have added many more points for me, but a few points would have helped me.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Previous

Return to Wrestling Roundtables