It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 2:22 pm

Roundtable 4 - WWE Extreme Rules

Participate in Squared Circle Roundtables for monthly prediction contests for pay per view events! Participate in as many as you can to be atop the leaderboard at the end of the year.

Moderator: Hanley!

Roundtable 4 - WWE Extreme Rules

Postby prophet » Apr 29, '14, 5:34 am

That time again, roundtable number four. Here's how the Leaderboard looks at the moment.

CMPUNKFAN - 25
prophet - 23
Georgerv - 22
BSM - 20
Viazon - 20
Everlong - 18
xgamr - 18
ShaneOFan - 17
Hanley! - 17
AkyDefGoldberg - 16
The Legend - 15
KaiserGlider - 15
SlightlyJames - 14
Settee321 - 14
GameDesigner14 - 14
Daz - 12
Locke - 12
Ace - 9
saucernips - 6
Enygma - 6
DBSoT - 6
CubsIn5 - 6
SortaCreative - 4
Romo - 3

As always, simply post your predictions in this thread before I lock it an hour prior to the PPV this Sunday. If you've not played yet feel free to jump on in. Rep to the overall winner of the PPV!

WWE Extreme Rules!

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane
Winner:

The Shield vs Evolution
Winner:

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Winner:

Jack Swagger vs Rob Van Dam vs Cesaro
Winner:

Intercontinental Championship
Big E (c) vs Bad News Barrett
Winner:

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina
Winner:

R-Truth and Xavier Woods vs Rusev
Winner:

El Torito vs Hornswoggle (I'm not even kidding)
Winner:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a code for you to copy and paste your predictions in below.

Code: Select all
[color=#40FFBF][size=150]WWE Extreme Rules![/size][/color]

[color=#40FFBF]WWE World Heavyweight Championship[/color]
Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane
Winner:

The Shield vs Evolution
Winner:

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Winner:

Winner:

[color=#40FFBF]Intercontinental Championship[/color]
Winner:

[color=#40FFBF]Divas Championship[/color]
Paige (c) vs Tamina
Winner:

Winner:

Winner:

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Roundtable 4 - WWE Extreme Rules

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 29, '14, 7:38 am

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane
Not even a contest. No way they take the title off Bryan any time soon.
Winner: Bryan

The Shield vs Evolution
This could really go either way, I just don't see Evolution losing unless they are splitting. At this point, I think WWE wants to sell t-shirts for another month. Evolution wins the battle, Shield wins the war.
Winner: Evolution

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
It's just so hard to pick against Cena. But he did get the W at Mania so I'll give this to Wyatt.
Winner: Wyatt

I think the smart thing to do would be give Swagger the win. He needs it more. Cesaro is so over that a loss especially a controversial one would not hurt him. No one cares that RVD is in this match let alone if he wins, and Swagger needs to have something going for him. I'll give it to Cesaro but it is not out of the realm of possibility that Swagger wins.
Winner: Cesaro

The tournament was obviously to make Barrett seem legit after he won it. He won't lose.
Winner: Barrett

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina
Paige.
Winner: Paige

Two on one? Nice way to show us all how strong and mean Rusev is.
Winner: Rusev

Midget fight!!!!!! I'll give it to Torito. Horny is paling around with 3MB and they are jobbers so it would be reasonable to say so is he.
Winner: El Torito

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Apr 29, '14, 8:12 am

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

Pretty simple, really: No way Bryan's losing this.

The Shield vs Evolution

Haven't been paying much attention, but it'd make sense to give the heels a win in their first meeting.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Cena won at Mania, so Wyatt wins at ER.

Not sure what the story is here or why RVD is involved, but Cesaro is the hot hand so I say he gets the win.

Winner: Bad News Barrett

I didn't even realize Big E was a champion. I know Barrett has been getting over, so he's gotta take this one.

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

Paige just won, so she won't lose now.

Yep.

Winner: No clue. I'll go Hornswoggle just so I have at least one different vote than ShaneO :P

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby prophet » Apr 29, '14, 9:15 am

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane
Winner: Daniel Bryan

Nothing much to say, Bryan should win clean.

The Shield vs Evolution

I think The Shield should win and I honestly found this difficult to call in the end but I've gone for Evolution because they're recently reunited, it'd be unusual to see HHH lose on two consecutive PPV's and I'm pretty certain sooner or later they're going to have Rollins and Ambrose turn on Reigns to further his push. Also The Shield stood tall on RAW so that helped sway my choice.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Winner: Bray Wyatt

The way this feud has gone I actually think they've booked it as if Cena was going to win and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he did because Wyatt is so damn good he wouldn't even be hurt by it. Cena got the win on the big show though so I'd say it's time to give one back to Wyatt, though it won't be a clean finish.

Cesaro's partnership with Paul Heyman is stupid. He was hot as hell for the past 3 months and the fans wanted to root for him but now they're confused as to what to do with him as he's aligned with Heyman. He's the one getting the push here and so will win the match. Rob Van Dam is a crowd pleaser and putting him in the match was a smart move because now the crowd has someone to out and out cheer for.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for Big E...he's fucking awful. Lord Barrett to continue his awesome push and rid us of that heathen Big E.

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

I don't even recall seeing Tamina on TV once leading up to this match whereas Paige has been on TV every week, pretty easy one to call.

We're the real winners here, because we'll get to see Lana on TV once more.

There are no words.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 29, '14, 11:46 am

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

The Shield vs Evolution
Winner: The Shield

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Winner: Bad News

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina
Winner: Tamina

Winner: WTF....Hornswoggle.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Apr 29, '14, 12:22 pm

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

It would be the ultimate troll job to take the belt off of Bryan a month after giving it to him. I mean it would be very similar to when they took the belt from Christian after two days.

The Shield vs Evolution

I don't see this feud having very many more legs to it. I think it's far more likely that the Shield beat Evolution to start them breaking up (read: Orton vs Batista) rather than Evolution beating the Shield and them breaking up right after turning face. I still think Evolution will have a little more juice this summer, but most of it will rise from them having tension.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

The way they've booked this feud makes it clear as day that Cena will win the final encounter. The only question is whether or not this is the final encounter. If they weren't going to give Bray a win I don't know why he'd face Cena a second time. I'll say Wyatt wins here and then the two will square off one more time at Payback where Cena will win.

This match is really convoluted and confusing, Heyman stole Cesaro so Coulter hates Heyman, Rob Van Dam hates Heyman for ECW going under and Cesaro hates Swagger for god knows why, but somehow they are all tied together. Luckily the winner is obvious since Cesaro is the only one receiving a push.

Winner: Antonio Cesaro

Barrett has a lot of momentum right now, but Big E has none. Therefore it's easy to see a new IC champion on Sunday.

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

This has been a terrible build up and because of that I'll stick with Paige winning, but it wouldn't shock me if Paige was just a stopgap to transition to Tamina having the belt after AJ and then the two could start a feud after AJ returns. That could still happen, but I'll say Paige gets one win before that does happen.

This will be your basic monster getting built up by beating two pathetic jobbers to look tough. When did a handicap match become extreme by the way?

I'm not even watching this garbage. I thought about not even picking a winner and pretending it didn't exist, but I'm too desperate for points.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Apr 29, '14, 12:28 pm

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

The Shield vs Evolution

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Apr 29, '14, 12:30 pm

We should add a couple tiebreakers so there is 1 winner if we can.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 29, '14, 12:55 pm

CMPUNKFAN wrote:We should add a couple tiebreakers so there is 1 winner if we can.

What's wrong with having multiple winners? All that really matters is the score at the end of the year.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Apr 29, '14, 2:23 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:
CMPUNKFAN wrote:We should add a couple tiebreakers so there is 1 winner if we can.

What's wrong with having multiple winners? All that really matters is the score at the end of the year.

Yeah thats still fine but I think it would be better if we had 1 winner each roundtable then 4-5. Either way is fine.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Postby prophet » Apr 29, '14, 2:33 pm

CMPUNKFAN wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:

Yeah thats still fine but I think it would be better if we had 1 winner each roundtable then 4-5. Either way is fine.

I guess I could just include the questions "What match will open the show?" and "What match will close the show?" to perhaps prevent a potential tiebreaker. Though I don't see anything that wrong with multiple winners.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Ace » Apr 30, '14, 1:06 am

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

Bryan is a fresh champ with his victory at WM30 so I don't see them taking it from him for awhile especially not to someone like Kane. This one seems fairly simple. Bryan pulls off a victory & retains.

The Shield vs Evolution

This one is a tough one for me to call. If the reunion of Evolution is nothing like it's first incarnation, than it will be short lived & the Shield will pull off a clean victory at ER. That being said, I'm not sure whether or not the WWE wanted it to head in that direction. I think Evolution is meant to stay awhile. Maybe not too long but at least awhile. I see Evolution taking this one & then carrying the feud for another month or two.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

I'm really enjoying this feud. I'm hoping that the more this feud drags on, the closer we will be to a possible Cena heel turn. I like the seriousness of this feud. Cena always plays the underdog against another random opponent & usually picks up the win. In this case, Cena is portrayed as a goody two shoes who is backed into a dark corner & I'll be unforgivably pissed at the WWE if they have Cena just completely "overcome" this darkness. I want it to swallow him whole & I want to finally see Cena unleash himself. I'm rooting for Wyatt in this one.

Winner:Cesaro

Cesaro & Heyman are on the rise as of late & I only see them climbing higher. Cesaro swings this one into victory.

Winner:Big E

Big E has done nothing with the championship & Barrett is over right now. BnB as the new IC champ :tim

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

Paige just won the championship but this maybe a way for Tamina to start a feud with AJ Lee over the title. With that said, I didn't even know that Tamina was in a match because I don't recall seeing her on Raw recently so I don't see Paige dropping the title so easily.

Winner:Rusev

R-Truth & Xavier Woods are GON' GET GOT!!

Winner:Torito

Ummm.... idk Torito I guess...

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35

Postby saucernips » Apr 30, '14, 3:34 am

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

The Shield vs Evolution

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Winner: Big E

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

saucernips Female
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 11

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 30, '14, 10:58 am

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

The Shield vs Evolution

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

Winner: Hornswoggle

Last edited by KaiserGlider on May 04, '14, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Viazon » Apr 30, '14, 11:17 am

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

The Shield vs Evolution

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby GameDesigner14 » May 03, '14, 2:48 pm

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

The Shield vs Evolution

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Winner:Bray Wyatt

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Postby xgamr » May 04, '14, 7:41 am

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane
Bryan is not losing easily. if he loses it will be by DQ.

The Shield vs Evolution
Interesting match. I think they will extend it but with Batista leaving possibly sooner before GoTG, i don't know

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
I have a feeling Wyatt will win here, but im going the cenawinslol route
Winner: John Cena

RVD gets eliminated early on, Cesaro and Swagger have a great match

Barrett is winning this

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina
A good challenge for Paige, and she'll win out

Yawn. should have been preshow

I am hype for this one. its 1-1 so i see Torito taking it

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Georgerv » May 04, '14, 2:11 pm

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane
Would be absolutely pointless to have Bryan lose the title this early

The Shield vs Evolution
This is a tough one to call but I could see Batista either screwing up or turning on Evolution, especially if he's leaving soon, which would probably lead to him being replaced in evolution (by shaemus?)

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
I'll be rather annoyed if Cena wins again, Wyatt can win via shenanigans

He's in the middle of a brand new push and has been paired with Heyman, he'll build some momentum before probably feuding with Lesnar

Winner: BNB
Also in the middle of a push, and quite frankly right now is 50x more entertaining than Big E (who for some reason is not being allowed to show any personality)

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina
No way they take the title off her already, she'll likely hold it until AJ returns

Getting a simple monster push, Rusev squashes these two

Winner: Torito
It's pre-show so they'll probably have the face win, plus it's always fun to see 3MB get beat up (even if it is by the tag team with the dumbest gimmick known to man)

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby RatedRBowler » May 04, '14, 2:21 pm

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane

The Shield vs Evolution

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina

Winner: El Torito (although I think who the fucks cares is the proper answer.)

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Thanks to Tim for both of my awesome sigs!!
RatedRBowler Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 4

Postby Tom » May 04, '14, 2:58 pm

WWE Extreme Rules!

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Kane
Although the monster thing with Kane has been over done, I think they have actually built this angle pretty well for the most part. The segment a couple of weeks back on Raw in which Kane tombstoned Bryan pretty much anywhere was intriguing. I also expect the match to be pretty good, maybe even the best on the card given the stipulation involved. I fully expect Daniel Bryan to win. The authority have screwed with Bryan enough, and his Wrestlemania moment was too special for his reign to end within a month.

The Shield vs Evolution
I am really looking forward to this match. For me, it is by far the biggest match The Shield have been involved in and I think everyone will want to steal the show here. I don't think the match has any stipulation, which is a little unusual, But I don't think that will last very long as I can see it turning into a brawl. I don't think The Shield will get the victory however, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they use this to start teasing a Shield split again. Plus, I can see one of Orton or Batista getting a title shot after this. So my vote goes to Evolution.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
This is an interesting one. I think a cage match in this day and age is hard to pull off. I think performers struggle with the stipulation, probably due to the limited confinements in it. However, they did put on a decent encounter at Mania so they may be able to do it here as well. I think Wyatt will win here, probably with help from Harper and Rowan. Hopefully by being defeated here it can actually set up Cena for something interesting afterwards with his character, given how this story has been built.

This should be a good match and one I expect to open the show. I think RVD will win it, but I think he will face Cesaro at the pay per view after this and probably lose that encounter.
Winner: RVD

Finally, I can see the IC championship change hands. It certainly needs to anyway. Barrett will bring so much more personality and attention than Big E in my opinion.
Winner:

Divas Championship
Paige (c) vs Tamina
This could be a decent encounter if given time. I cannot see Paige losing the title so quickly into her reign though, especially to Tamina who hasn't really been built as much of a threat in my opinion.

The typical squash to put Rusev over. Hopefully they don't keep him facing jobbers for a long time, because I actually think he has a lot of promise.

Meh

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Next

Return to Wrestling Roundtables