It is currently: Apr 20, '24, 1:54 am

Roundtable 1 - WWE Royal Rumble 2014 (Updated Leaderboard)

Participate in Squared Circle Roundtables for monthly prediction contests for pay per view events! Participate in as many as you can to be atop the leaderboard at the end of the year.

Moderator: Hanley!

Roundtable 1 - WWE Royal Rumble 2014 (Updated Leaderboard)

Postby prophet » Jan 21, '14, 11:55 am

Alright so these roundtables are going to go a little differently to how they went on the old forum. Rather than PM everyone asking for your predictions I'm just going to make a thread and everyone who signed up to play can post in here. We're all mature enough to do this without anyone cheating and I'm confident nobody is sad enough to cheat anyway (this is just for fun after all haha) but just for the record I know who's edited their posts...

You'll get one point for each correct prediction and we'll just tally up a Leaderboard the same way we do in the EPL picks, nice and simple.I'll probably give out rep if we have a singular, clear winner. Here's a list of people that signed up to play;

prophet
SlightlyJames
ShaneOFan
The Legend
AkyDefGoldberg
BSM
Viazon
Everlong
CMPUNKFAN
Settee321
GameDesigner14
xgamr
Georgerv

(Anyone can play at anytime, even if you've not participated in any of the others - you just won't win :lol)

Royal Rumble 2014

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match - Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena
Winner:

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
Winner:

Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt
Winner:

WWE Tag Team Championship Match - The Rhodes Brothers (c) vs The New Age Outlaws
Winners:

Royal Rumble Match
Winner:
Final 4:
-
-
-
-

EDIT from Tim: CODE TO COPY IN YOUR POST:

Code: Select all
[align=center][size=150][b][u]Royal Rumble 2014[/u][/b][/size]

[b][color=#40FFBF]WWE World Heavyweight Title Match - Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena[/color][/b]
Winner:

[b][color=#40FFBF]Brock Lesnar vs Big Show[/color][/b]
Winner:

[b][color=#40FFBF]Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt[/color][/b]
Winner:

[b][color=#40FFBF]WWE Tag Team Championship Match - The Rhodes Brothers (c) vs The New Age Outlaws[/color][/b]
Winners:

[b][color=#40FFBF]Royal Rumble Match[/color][/b]
Winner:
Final 4:
            -
            -
            -
            -[/align]

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Roundtable 1 - WWE Royal Rumble 2014

Postby Everlong » Jan 21, '14, 12:38 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

Winner: John Cena

I can't see Cena not being the champion heading into WrestleMania, and Cena's just always the safe choice anyway. If this is the result, I think this guarantees that Batista will not win the rumble, also.

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
Winner: Brock Lesnar

My guess is they need to get Brock a good win here to make him look like more of a threat come WrestleMania season. Plus, Big Show got the last laugh on RAW this week.

Winner: Daniel Bryan

It wouldn't make sense to have this feud unresolved heading into WrestleMania season. I think Daniel Bryan picks up the victory here as he prepares for bigger things in store for the next few months.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match - The Rhodes Brothers (c) vs The New Age Outlaws
Winners: Rhodes Brothers

Granted, I have absolutely no clue what's happening in this feud or why the New Age Outlaws are even wrestling right now, but I have a feeling that even WWE wouldn't put the championship on a pair of wrestlers who haven't wrestled in ages (and aren't The Rock) that just returned a few weeks ago.

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
- Daniel Bryan
- CM Punk
- Batista
- Sheamus

Final four is really just a toss up because I don't really have a pulse on what's going on in the WWE right now, but it just seems to me that Bryan is the guy that needs to win the Rumble, even though he's already in another match. I'd be shocked if they actually kept him out of the Rumble match itself. Cena/Bryan might not be the most exciting feud if Cena's a face, but the actual match would have an electric atmosphere at WrestleMania and I think it's only right that it'd headline the biggest show of the year. Punk is going to make it pretty damn far, I think giving him the #1 spot confirmed that. Batista's the big return and I'd be quite surprised if he didn't get to near the end. The last spot is a tossup, and like I said, I really have no idea what's going on in WWE right now. So I decided to give it to a surprise returnee as a dark horse, because why not?

Anywho, ya'll can laugh at my picks now :P

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Settee » Jan 21, '14, 12:41 pm

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show

Winners: New Age Outlaws

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4: Batista - CM Punk - Daniel Bryan - Sheamus

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Settee » Jan 21, '14, 12:43 pm

Everlong wrote:Royal Rumble 2014

I can't see Cena not being the champion heading into WrestleMania, and Cena's just always the safe choice anyway. If this is the result, I think this guarantees that Batista will not win the rumble, also.

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show

My guess is they need to get Brock a good win here to make him look like more of a threat come WrestleMania season. Plus, Big Show got the last laugh on RAW this week.

It wouldn't make sense to have this feud unresolved heading into WrestleMania season. I think Daniel Bryan picks up the victory here as he prepares for bigger things in store for the next few months.

Granted, I have absolutely no clue what's happening in this feud or why the New Age Outlaws are even wrestling right now, but I have a feeling that even WWE wouldn't put the championship on a pair of wrestlers who haven't wrestled in ages (and aren't The Rock) that just returned a few weeks ago.

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
- Daniel Bryan
- CM Punk
- Batista
- Sheamus

Final four is really just a toss up because I don't really have a pulse on what's going on in the WWE right now, but it just seems to me that Bryan is the guy that needs to win the Rumble, even though he's already in another match. I'd be shocked if they actually kept him out of the Rumble match itself. Cena/Bryan might not be the most exciting feud if Cena's a face, but the actual match would have an electric atmosphere at WrestleMania and I think it's only right that it'd headline the biggest show of the year. Punk is going to make it pretty damn far, I think giving him the #1 spot confirmed that. Batista's the big return and I'd be quite surprised if he didn't get to near the end. The last spot is a tossup, and like I said, I really have no idea what's going on in WWE right now. So I decided to give it to a surprise returnee as a dark horse, because why not?

Anywho, ya'll can laugh at my picks now :P

You pretty much have all the same picks as me except for 1.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 21, '14, 12:50 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

Winner: Randy Orton
Cena probably will get the belt back but I'm thinking if either Batista/Bryan win then they'll face the face of the WWE Orton in a Authority vs. The Anti-Authority dude in the final WM match.

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
Winner: Lesnar
Big Slow's getting squashed, chewed and spat out.

Winner: Wyatt
Interference from Wyatt's 'family' and they get the win. Think WWE will try to build them up and give 'em a win.

The codgers NAO ain't in it for the long run so no need for them to get the belts unless HHH loves em so much he gives it to them because they're his mates.

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
- Daniel Bryan
- Roman Reigns
- Dean Ambrose
- Batista

Struggling on the last four but thought go with something different with Reigns/Ambrose

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby prophet » Jan 21, '14, 1:28 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

Winner: Randy Orton.

I'm basing these predictions on what I think will happen at Wrestlemania and I think Cena will likely be involved with Hogan in some way so I'll say Orton retains, be it by DQ or another way.

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
Winner: Lesnar.

This is just a filler match to make Lesnar seem more of a threat before he faces Undertaker.

Winner: Daniel Bryan.

This was actually a tough one to call because I actually think Wyatt needs the win more and on back-to-back RAW's now Bryan has had the upper hand so I could definitely see Bray winning this but as I'm not sure if Bryan will be in the Rumble I'll say he wins this.

Winners: The Rhodes Brothers.

It wouldn't make sense for the NAO to win yet. They've only just come back and I'm not sure if they're even sticking around yet. In any case I think the Outlaws will just be pawns for Punk to over-comb in his path to get to HHH. So

Royal Rumble Match
Winner: Batista

Final 4:
- Batista
- CM Punk
- Roman Reigns
- Sheamus

Updated this on the 22nd to swap Sheamus in for Bryan as one of my final 4 - I have a strong feeling Bryan won't even be in the match and I wanted to even out my face-heel ratio so I'll assume Sheamus is coming back as a heel. I think the title match at 'Mania will be Orton vs Batista and I can't see another scenario aside from Batista winning on Sunday. I hope I'm wrong and you lot picking Bryan are all right but I just can't see anyone else winning.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534

Postby SlightlyJames » Jan 21, '14, 6:16 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

I feel a dirty finish coming on here.

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
After Brock was made to look like a bitch on Raw he'd damn well better take Big Show to pieces.

Winner: Bray Wyatt
Bray needs the win and Bryan can get plenty of glory later on in the night.

Winners: The New Age Outlaws
I don't see the Outlaws being around to carry a championship long but I could see The Usos taking it off of them a month or two down the line.

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
CM Punk
Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Sheamus

I WANT TO BELIEVE

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Jan 21, '14, 10:35 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show

Winners: New Age Outlaws

Royal Rumble Match
- CM Punk
- Batista
- Roman Reigns
- Sheamus

Last edited by CMPUNKFAN on Jan 23, '14, 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby Romo » Jan 21, '14, 11:04 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
Winner: No Contest

Winner: Bryan by DQ

Winners: The Rhodes Brothers

Royal Rumble Match
Winner: CM Punk
Final 4:
- Cm Punk
- Batista
- John Cena
- Daniel Bryan

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby Viazon » Jan 22, '14, 11:54 am

Royal Rumble 2014

Most likely wont win clean but see him walking out as champion.

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show

I doubt they would have Lesnar return at the Rumble to lose to the Big Show

Winner:Daniel Bryan

Bryan will hopefully win here, putting the feud to an end, an hopefully, Daniel Bryan will move onto something better as Wrestlemania approaches.

It's been nice having the New Age Outlaws back but I doubt they will win the titles. Just another team for Cody and Goldust to beat.

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
- Daniel Bryan
- CM Punk
- Batista
- Roman Reigns

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby BSM » Jan 22, '14, 2:46 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Batista
Roman Reigns

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby The Legend » Jan 22, '14, 5:14 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

You've gone this far with the corporate champion looking relatively strong as world champion, why not take it all the way through to WrestleMania when a face can get a huge victory by downing the corporate champion.

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show

Brock needs this victory so badly. He's been turned into a jobber to the stars recently and has been totally punked out by Big Show in this feud to this point. Get the win and get prepared for whatever Lesnar is going to do at Mania.

This is the hardest match to predict to me. I have no belief whatsoever that the WWE is going to push Bryan into the main event of WrestleMania. He will be in some kind of semi-ME with an authority angle. It could be with Bray because this feud has been on fire and I could see them milk it. I'll say Bryan wins, but it wouldn't surprise me for it to go either way.

Winners:New Age Outlaws

Clearly the New Age Outlaws are going to come out of this looking strong as new corporate assets. The Rhodes Brothers will argue about the defeat and move on to their feud with each other.

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
CM Punk
Sheamus
Batista
Brock Lesnar

I think the final four will definitely be heel heavy to help put over Punk's victory at the end. It will also be heavy on returning stars.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby GameDesigner14 » Jan 24, '14, 7:51 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
- Roman Reigns
- Dean Ambrose
- Batista
- CM Punk

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Postby Hanley! » Jan 24, '14, 8:08 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show

Winners: Th Rhodes Brothers

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
- Batista
- Bryan
- Roman Reigns
- Dean Ambrose

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby ShaneOfan » Jan 25, '14, 8:43 am

Royal Rumble 2014

This is a toss up for sure but I think Orton will take the belt to Wrestlemania. I would prefer if whoever wins it loses it at Elimination Chamber especially since now with "one belt" it has to be defended there. I would love to see Dean Ambrose or CM Punk win the title at EC and face Bryan at Mania. Actually...

Winner: Orton

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
Won't even be close. Lesnar takes it with ease. As much as I am not a fan of Lesnars having him win the title at EC and losing it to Bryan at Mania might not be a bad idea. I think that may even be how I would book it.

I don't see how this type of feud can end with the Wyatts winning unless Bryan was taking time off. Just them getting the 1-2-3 and walking away does not work they need to either be taken out and decide it is not worh their time or "injure" Bryan. Since I can't see the later happening I have to go with Bryan winning here.

Winner: Bryan

The tag team divison finally has some momentum I would hope WWE does not kill that by having an non-televised title change. Especially not to the New Age Outlaws two old men who haven't been around for a long time. Hell the last time Billy Gunn was anywhere near the titles he had his hair bleached and was wearing red trunks and almost marrying Chuck Pulumbo. That's all that needs to be said.

Royal Rumble Match
I have two theories on who could win. Bryan is obvious but as I said in another thread, Dean Ambrose would be my dark horse. Either way I think the final four are Bryan, Sheamus, Ambrose, and Batista.

Winner:Bryan
Final 4:
-Bryan
-Ambrose
-Batista
-Sheamus

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Birthday

Postby xgamr » Jan 26, '14, 7:29 am

Royal Rumble 2014

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
- Batista
-Daniel Bryan
- Alberto Del Rio
- Roman Reigns

Last edited by xgamr on Jan 26, '14, 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Georgerv » Jan 26, '14, 9:18 am

Royal Rumble 2014

I smell a bullshit ending coming here though, the Authority is getting involved one way or another. Part of me almost sees them siding with Cena, and setting up the ultimate Golden Boy vs underground rebel thing at wrestlemania

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
Is there really any explanation needed? It would be lunacy to have Show win this one

Though I see the win possibly coming via DQ, and bryan getting the crap kicked out of him after the match... leading to a surprise rumble entrant.

Winners: Outlaws
I think it's almost time to start building towards that Goldust vs Cody match that's been rumored for WM for however many years. Also might be good for someone else with The Authority holding titles, even if it would only be for a couple months until (hopefully) The Uso's are finally given the belts.

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
- Bryan
- Reigns
- Batista
- Sheamus

I think Punk will get thrown out of the match a little earlier on in the match, through some combination of Shield/Authority screwjob, either by Reigns or Kane (who I'm fairly sure will enter). Also Sheamus is due back soon, and we know he'll look good in the rumble especially as he's a past winner.

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 26, '14, 10:04 am

Royal Rumble 2014

I can't be sure who wins this one. Part of me is tempted to call a double DQ because neither guy going into Mania with the belt impresses me. I'm going to go with Cena winning via DQ.

Winner: John Cena, Randy Orton remains WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
We had this match in 2002, Survivor Series 2002. Why is this here? Brock needs the win "to look credible" going into his title match.

Does this mean Bryan isn't in the Rumble match? I really hope not. I hope both men are in the Rumble match because I'm a big fan of Bray and Daniel Bryan. I think Bray takes this one but Bryan gets his revenge in the Rumble.

Should be an interesting match but I don't see the NAO taking the gold this quickly.

Royal Rumble Match
I really hope Daniel Bryan is in the Rumble match. I don't see them keeping him out of the match, honestly.

Winner: Bryan
Final 4:
- CM Punk
- Batista
- Alberto Del Rio
- Daniel Bryan

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Postby CubsIn5 » Jan 26, '14, 2:30 pm

Royal Rumble 2014

Winner:Randy Orton

Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
Winner: Bork Laser

Royal Rumble Match
Final 4:
- Sheamus
- Reigns
- Del Rio
-

CubsIn5 None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 14

Postby SortaCreative » Jan 26, '14, 4:28 pm

CubsIn5 wrote:Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
Winner: Bork Laser

This fucking guy!

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54

Next

Return to Wrestling Roundtables