It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:43 am

Money in the Bank 2018 Roundtable

Participate in Squared Circle Roundtables for monthly prediction contests for pay per view events! Participate in as many as you can to be atop the leaderboard at the end of the year.

Moderator: Hanley!

Money in the Bank 2018 Roundtable

Postby The Legend » Jun 13, '18, 12:42 pm

Money in the Bank 2018

SD Tag Team Championship:
The Club vs Bludgeon Brothers ( c )

Winner:
Who get pinned:
Comments:

Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass
Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

Intercontinental Championship:
Elias vs Seth Rollins ( c )

Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

Bobby Lashley vs Sami Zayn
Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

Smackdown Women’s Championship:
Asuka vs Carmella ( c )

Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

Roman Reigns vs Jinder Mahal
Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

RAW Women’s Championship:
Nia Jax ( c ) vs Ronda Rousey

Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
Charlotte Flair vs Alexa Bliss vs Ember Moon vs Natalya vs Becky Lynch vs Lana vs Naomi vs Sasha Banks

Winner:
Does winner cash in at PPV?:
Comments:

Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
Miz vs Rusev vs Braun Strowman vs Finn Balor vs Bobby Roode vs ??? vs Kevin Owens vs Samoa Joe

Winner:
Which New Day Member enters the match?:
Comments:

Last Man Standing – WWE Championship:
A.J. Styles ( c ) vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Winner:
Does the match end cleanly?:
Comments:

Code: Select all
[b]Money in the Bank 2018[/b]

[b]SD Tag Team Championship:
The Club vs Bludgeon Brothers ( c )[/b]
Winner:
Who get pinned:
Comments:

[b]Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass[/b]
Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

[b]Intercontinental Championship:
Elias vs Seth Rollins ( c )[/b]
Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

[b]Bobby Lashley vs Sami Zayn[/b]
Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

[b]Smackdown Women’s Championship:
Asuka vs Carmella ( c )[/b]
Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

[b]Roman Reigns vs Jinder Mahal[/b]
Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

[b]RAW Women’s Championship:
Nia Jax ( c ) vs Ronda Rousey[/b]
Winner:
Decision:
Comments:

[b]Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
Charlotte Flair vs Alexa Bliss vs Ember Moon vs Natalya vs Becky Lynch vs Lana vs Naomi vs Sasha Banks[/b]
Winner:
Does winner cash in at PPV?:
Comments:

[b] Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
Miz vs Rusev vs Braun Strowman vs Finn Balor vs Bobby Roode vs ??? vs Kevin Owens vs Samoa Joe[/b]
Winner:
Which New Day Member enters the match?:
Comments:

[b]Last Man Standing – WWE Championship:
A.J. Styles ( c ) vs Shinsuke Nakamura[/b]
Winner:
Comments:

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Money in the Bank 2018 Roundtable

Postby ShaneOfan » Jun 13, '18, 5:44 pm

Money in the Bank 2018

Winner: Bludgeon Brothers
Who get pinned: Gallows
Comments: I hope to be proven wrong, but I expect them to keep pushing BB like anyone cares about them.

Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass
Winner: Bryan
Decision: Submission
Comments: Cass is dead in the water.

Winner: Rollins
Decision: Pinfall
Comments: meh should be pretty cut and dry.

Winner: Lashley
Comments: he needs to win, like literally needs to win or you might as well mark his t-shirts half price and future endeavor him. No one cares at all. If he never showed up again, no one would bat an eye. Hell if he didn't show up to MITB, I doubt most people would even realize.

Asuka vs Carmella ( c )

Winner: Auska
Decision: DQ no title change.
Comments: Be it Elsworth or a weapon, something fucky will happen.

Winner: Roman
Comments: holding pattern for the Big Dog.

Winner: Neither
Decision: Natty cashes in when both girls are down amd wins.
Comments: Takes belt off Nia in a "not a real loss" sort of way. Keeps Ronda from having to take a fair loss at a PPV. Double down and say Nia eats the pin. Keeps belt off Ronda until she can win it at Summerslam.

Charlotte Flair vs Alexa Bliss vs Ember Moon vs Natalya vs Becky Lynch vs Lana vs Naomi vs Sasha Banks

Winner: Natty
Does winner cash in at PPV?: Yes
Comments: she wins and cashes in right away screwing over her "froemd" Ronda

Miz vs Rusev vs Braun Strowman vs Finn Balor vs Bobby Roode vs ??? vs Kevin Owens vs Samoa Joe

Winner: Miz
Which New Day Member enters the match?: Big E
Comments: This is the hardest match for me to pick. For me it could be any of them. I think the least likely is probably Roode (who could use the push) followed by KO. I don't think Braun needs the case to be in the title scene. If the New Day member is Big E, he may win, but I don't see the others having a shot. Balor would be my pick if the Club was still on Raw. But I see the case as a heel gimmick more then so then as a face one, and don't see Finn changing. My thought is to put it on Miz and let Reigns take the belt from Bork later and see if Miz can use his awesome heel mic work to out Reigns over. I'd still love for heel Reigns, but am not holding my breath.

Winner: Nak
Does the match end cleanly?: No
Comments: It's now or never for Nak to win the title and the crowd, Maybe literally. I feel if he fails again, he slides way far down the pecking order and may never recover.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby DBSoT » Jun 14, '18, 12:04 pm

Money in the Bank 2018

Who get pinned: Karl Anderson
Comments: The tag division is barely even discussed in WWE these days

Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass
Winner: Daniel Bryan
Comments:

Winner: Seth Rollins
Decision: Pin
Comments: I kind of wish Seth would lose the IC title here and beat Lesnar for the UC at Summerslam

Comments:

Asuka vs Carmella ( c )
Winner: Carmella
Decision: Interference thy name is Ellsworth
Comments:

Winner: Reigns
Comments: Wasn't this match just on Raw?

Winner: Rousey
Decision: DQ
Comments: Natalya interfers

Winner: Sasha Banks
Does winner cash in at PPV?: No
Comments:

Winner: Finn Balor
Which New Day Member enters the match?: Big E
Comments: I kind of wish Big E would win this match and start to position himself as a top singles wrestler

Winner: AJ Styles
Does the match end cleanly?: As clean as a Last Man Standing match can
Comments:

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Jun 14, '18, 3:07 pm

Money in the Bank 2018

Who get pinned: Karl Anderson
Comments: This is an interesting time for these two teams to face off. The Club is high on the list of teams that I think might take the belts, but it's far too early for Harper and Rowan to lose the belts just yet. Hopefully this one ends with a clearly decisive victory to help bolster the SD tag division (the weakness of the brand).

Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass
Winner: Big Cass
Comments: When this feud started I figured that it was just a simple feud that would get Daniel Bryan a quick win and start his momentum. That being said, Cass has really showed something in this feud, an aggressiveness and mic work that should be cultivated. A second Bryan clean win would do nothing, but be redundant at this point, but Cass picking up a win here would extend the feud for another PPV before Bryan got his decisive win.

Winner: Seth Rollins
Comments: There's a strong argument to be made for Elias to take the belt here. Elias is worthy of a push and the midcard title at this point and Rollins is one of the best things going in WWE. He's doing wonders with the IC belt, but could arguably do even more in the main event scene. That being said I don't think the time's quite right for that just yet. Rollins keeps the belt and moves on.

Winner: Bobby Lashley
Comments: This might be (read: is) the worst thing WWE is doing at the moment. The feud is stupid and non-sensical and makes Sami Zayn look like a total tool. He's not even sticking with Kevin Owens anymore, which was kind of the whole point of the heel Zayn character to begin with. Lashley winning is pretty much booking 101, but I'm not sure either guy gets much out of this match even happening.

Asuka vs Carmella ( c )

Winner: Asuka
Comments: This match shouldn't be happening yet. They had a chance to tell an interesting story with Asuka coming off the loss to Charlotte at Mania. She could have to regroup, learn from her setback and build her way back up to the top, but instead they just threw her back in the title picture against a far weaker champion that has no business beating her. Asuka wins the title, which is great, but it renders her loss to Charlotte almost useless.

Winner: Roman Reigns
Decision: Disqualification
Comments: This match ends either one of two ways, either Mahal successfully screws over Reigns, continuing the story of Roman getting screwed around or Mahal can get caught and disqualified for something and get over Reigns outside the result of the match. I think it's better to have Mahal catch a DQ and then try to rough up Reigns after the match.

Winner: Nia Jax
Comments: There is literally no good result for this match to end. Rousey isn't near ready to hold the title and be the leader of the division, she's not even ready to be in this match. Nia Jax isn't ready to lose the belt either, but a loss for Rousey would also be hard to swallow either. She's been in WWE for more than 3 months and hasn't made much of an impact and for her first singles match to be a loss would stink, but is necessary.

Winner: Becky Lynch
Does winner cash in at PPV?: No
Comments: The women in this match that should actually win the match is a short list. Lana winning would be too much like Carmella winning last year (kind of fluky contender). Charlotte, Natalya, Naomi and Sasha don't make sense from a character stand point. Ember would be an interesting choice, but it's early in her career, Alexa would be perfect for the win, but maybe too obvious. I keep waiting for the right time for Becky to get her opportunity and this one might be it.

Winner: Miz
Which New Day Member enters the match?: Kofi Kingston
Comments: Again, there's a certain type of character that should hold the MITB briefcase and Miz fits it about as good as anyone since Edge won the first match. Rusev, Strowman, Roode and Joe are too strong of characters to win the belt by holding the briefcase and winning the match would set them back. I believe the same as Balor. Owens is an interesting choice as well, and the only other choice I'd buy as viable.

Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura
Does the match end cleanly?: No
Comments: Nakamura needs this win more than any wrestler has ever needed a win. His time is up if they keep the belt on Styles and I doubt he'd ever get over enough to win the championship in WWE again. I figure Nakamura gets the win by doing something cheap like taping Styles to the ground or something of the sort.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby xgamr » Jun 17, '18, 9:00 am

Money in the Bank 2018

Who get pinned: Gallows
Comments:

Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass
Winner: Bryan
Decision: submission
Comments:

Winner: Elias
Decision: pinfall
Comments:

Comments:

Asuka vs Carmella ( c )

Winner: Cermella
Decision: pinfall
Comments:

Winner: Reigns
Decision:
Comments:

Winner: Nia
Decision: DQ
Comments:

Winner: Natalya
Does winner cash in at PPV?: yes
Comments:

Winner: Braun
Which New Day Member enters the match?: Kofi
Comments:

Winner: Nakamura
Comments:

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby The Legend » Jun 18, '18, 8:57 am

Man this roundtable kicked my ass.

Xgamr - 15
DBSoT – 14
ShaneOFan – 12
The Legend – 8

Congratulations to @xgamr for winning this ppv

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to Wrestling Roundtables