It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:28 am

Let's all play The Metagame!

Get feedback on creative writing, music or graphics that you created. This is also the place to request a signature or image or to engage in graphic competitions.

Moderator: Daz

Let's all play The Metagame!

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 16, '15, 8:06 pm

We can always do with fun stuff to do on the board so I’m going to do a trial run for a game we can all play on a regular basis and flex some creative muscles in the process. Hopefully a few folk decide to have a go.

The Metagame is at it’s heart a set of cards which are adaptable to a wide variety of different games. The one I want us to try is a version Debate Club I've altered to make it better for this format (though to keep things simple let’s just refer to it as The Metagame).

The Rules, as we will be playing, are simple. I’ll select at random a topic card, for example “Which is most useful on a Desert Island?”. I’ll PM this question to everyone playing, along with five cards from which they can select their answer. Answers can be things like a Basketball, a Home Pregnancy Test or an AK-47 Assault Rifle. Every time you play afterwards you get a new card to replace the one you used previously.

Everyone will have a set period of time to PM me a compelling argument as to why their answer is correct, it can be as brief or in depth as you want. It’ll be pretty fun to see the reasoning people can conjure for how a Rubik’s Cube is capable of saving the world. It’s chaotic and imbalanced and should make for an interesting challenge.

Once the deadline is up I’ll post a topic with each of the submitted entries and people will be able to post which argument they feel is the most convincing. The winner gets a badge or something, maybe the mods can sort out a Rep prize as well. Participation is it’s own reward anyway ya scoundrels! :lol

So I guess if you fancy giving this a shot, give me a shout in this thread and I’ll look into getting the first round rolling!

Last edited by SlightlyJames on Oct 20, '15, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Re: Let's all play The Metagame!

Postby EmperorWu » Oct 17, '15, 1:26 am

Sounds interesting. Ill give it a go.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Hanley! » Oct 17, '15, 5:29 am

Yeah, why not. Sounds like it could be fun.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Kein » Oct 17, '15, 5:23 pm

I am in.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Everlong » Oct 18, '15, 10:24 am

I'm in, sounds fun!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby JDD » Oct 18, '15, 1:01 pm

Ill play!

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby UTK » Oct 18, '15, 1:47 pm

Count me in

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 18, '15, 11:23 pm

Nice to see a good amount of you guys interested in playing, I'll give it another day or so for people to filter in then I'll sort out the first round.

Not certain at the moment how long of a deadline it'll be for submissions and voting, ideally you'd want a consistent set duration but not knowing how long people are going to take I'll basically just wait until everyone makes their submission first time around and use that as a baseline.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 20, '15, 10:30 am

Alright guys! You can expect a PM in the very near future with the information on the game. I've made a small tweak to the formula to make it more enjoyable and closer to the original game, you'll be receiving a hand of five cards rather than just one. Just pick the one you like best and you can keep the rest for next time we play.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to Creative Corner