It is currently: Jun 05, '24, 12:45 am

Where does the Cowboys defense rank...

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Where does the Cowboys defense rank...

Postby Romo » Dec 10, '13, 3:20 am

I've only been watching NFL for say around 6 or 7 years so history isn't on my side but I can't think of defense that has been this bad, I mean i'm scared to look at the stats if it wasn't for the offense we'd be 0-13 right now...

I mean of course this is all Tony Romos fault, and i'm honestly quite happy with using all our post season attention on fixing this defense.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 225

Re: Where does the Cowboys defense rank...

Postby Messiah » Dec 10, '13, 8:03 am

2008 Detroit Lions fielded the worst defense I have ever seen.

Dallas' is pretty damn horrific, though. I have no idea why they are so bad - they have some solid talent on that side of the ball. At least with Detroit, that entire defense was just void of any kind of talent.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Romo » Dec 10, '13, 8:31 am

Messiah wrote:2008 Detroit Lions fielded the worst defense I have ever seen.

Dallas' is pretty damn horrific, though. I have no idea why they are so bad - they have some solid talent on that side of the ball. At least with Detroit, that entire defense was just void of any kind of talent.

The injuries we've suffered are no excuse either, every team has injuries, maybe if we hadn't shoved huge money on certain players we'd have better depth then a bunch of guys from the street playing

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Dec 10, '13, 8:40 am

Romo wrote:

The injuries we've suffered are no excuse either, every team has injuries, maybe if we hadn't shoved huge money on certain players we'd have better depth then a bunch of guys from the street playing

I'm not sure, but I think you just found a way to blame Tony Romo for the defense and the loss last night. Congrats.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Romo » Dec 10, '13, 11:23 am

The Legend wrote:
Romo wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think you just found a way to blame Tony Romo for the defense and the loss last night. Congrats.

haha we all knew it would come back on him some how :P

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Dec 10, '13, 11:51 am

"After last night’s pathetic performance in a loss to the Bears, the Cowboys’ defense has allowed 3,880 passing yards and 1,669 rushing yards for a total of 5,549 yards on the season. That means if the Cowboys allow 1,494 yards over the final three games, they’ll break the record. That works out to 498 yards a game, and last night the Cowboys allowed 497 yards to the Bears."

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby The Legend » Dec 10, '13, 11:55 am

^^^ Philly could put up 500 yards against them, but if the Packers are still without Rodgers they won't and there's just no way Washington will manage to do it either (especially if they sit RGIII down). I think the record is safe.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 11, '13, 9:34 am

The Legend wrote:^^^ Philly could put up 500 yards against them, but if the Packers are still without Rodgers they won't and there's just no way Washington will manage to do it either (especially if they sit RGIII down). I think the record is safe.

As of now Kirk Cousins is starting this week so RGIII may be done. Either way, I don't think the combo of Nick Foles, A A Ron, and RGIII could put up 500 yards a game each.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to NFL