It is currently: May 12, '24, 9:05 am

Terrell Owens doesn't get voted into the Hall of Fame

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Terrell Owens doesn't get voted into the Hall of Fame

Postby Messiah » Feb 06, '16, 9:56 pm

What a freaking joke. Marvin Harrison was not better than Terrell Owens. I hate this idea that players should wait. Just induct the 7 most worthy people.

And Dungy, in my opinion, is overrated as hell.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Terrell Owens doesn't get voted into the Hall of Fame

Postby The Legend » Feb 07, '16, 7:05 am

Messiah wrote:What a freaking joke. Marvin Harrison was not better than Terrell Owens. I hate this idea that players should wait. Just induct the 7 most worthy people.

And Dungy, in my opinion, is overrated as hell.

I don't usually like the idea of holding a player's attitude against him, but TO is a special case. Every team he went to almost always wound up not meeting expectations due to some lockerroom strife that Owens was almost always at the center of. Harrison always made his teams as great as they could be, you can argue multiple times in his career that despite whatever on-field production he had, Owens' attitude had a debilitating effect on his team's ability to win.

And Dungy, was always going to make it in as the first black coach to win a Super Bowl, it was just a matter of when.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 07, '16, 9:34 am

Is it reporters that vote for the Football Hall of Fame? Because if you piss them off they'll make you pay.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Messiah » Feb 07, '16, 9:39 am

Marvin Harrison is a murderer.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 07, '16, 9:50 am

Messiah wrote:Marvin Harrison is a murderer.

But he didn't piss off old newspaper reporters.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Feb 07, '16, 10:38 am

So is Ray Lewis and OJ Simpson, both are or will be in the Hall of Fame as well.

Character issues are one thing, but Owens' issues actually had a negative impact on his team.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Feb 07, '16, 10:42 am

Says the guy who always talks about giving people the benefit of the doubt?

I think TO should have been a first ballot, but I don't think it's as clear-cut a case between him and Harrison as people seem to be making out and I do think that it's fair to hold his attitude against him. He left a burning trail of drama and carnage in his wake everywhere he went. For as talented as he was, he's the all-time biggest example of a locker room cancer. Obviously that's going to sour a lot of people on him.

My guess is he gets in next year.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » Feb 07, '16, 10:42 am

The Legend wrote:So is Ray Lewis and OJ Simpson, both are or will be in the Hall of Fame as well.

Ray Lewis has never been accused of murder.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Feb 07, '16, 10:58 am

Everlong wrote:

Says the guy who always talks about giving people the benefit of the doubt?

;)

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Feb 07, '16, 10:59 am

Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:So is Ray Lewis and OJ Simpson, both are or will be in the Hall of Fame as well.

Ray Lewis has never been accused of murder.

Right, just the friends he was with were accused of murder and the suit Ray Lewis was wearing that night mysteriously went missing and has never been found, but yeah there's nothing to that.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Feb 07, '16, 11:05 am

In all seriousness, Harrison's story (and the individual himself) is sketchy as shit. I do think he probably had something to do with it (a gun registered in his name was connected with the shootings, at least the first one IIRC), but he's never been found guilty or even questioned. Not a lot of details other than the gun.

I mainly said what I said for the responses. With that said...

The Legend wrote:

So is Ray Lewis and OJ Simpson, both are or will be in the Hall of Fame as well.

Character issues are one thing, but Owens' issues actually had a negative impact on his team.

OJ was inducted before it was found out he murdered someone. A convicted murderer absolutely shouldn't be inducted into the Hall of Fame and OJ Simpson would not have gotten voted in after the fact.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Feb 07, '16, 11:16 am

^^^ Probably all true. Although, while I care less right now. For a long time, I was in the camp that he probably should have been removed from the Hall of Fame.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Feb 07, '16, 11:26 am

I'm actually surprised he hasn't.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to NFL