It is currently: Jun 05, '24, 10:38 am

Browns fire Mike Pettine

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Browns fire Mike Pettine

Postby Everlong » Jan 04, '16, 8:53 am

It was kind of a no-win situation for Cleveland here. Pettine clearly wasn't doing great (not that it's completely his fault, but there were certainly signs of incompetence), but now they're firing ANOTHER coach after a really short tenure and starting from scratch AGAIN.

Why would anybody want to work for Cleveland at this point?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Browns fire Mike Pettine

Postby The Legend » Jan 04, '16, 9:22 am

There are only two reasons anyone would want to work for Cleveland right now:

1.) You are unqualified for the job and Cleveland's the only place that will hire you.

OR

2.) Jimmy Haslam goes all Ted DiBiase and proves everyone's got a price for the Billion Dollar Man and just shatters all records of coaching salary and length of tenure/job security for the guy that can get the job done.

Every hire he's made so far has fallen under #1. Dear lord I hope these hires fall under #2, but I doubt it.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Jan 04, '16, 9:35 am

@The Legend in a perfect world who do you want to see be the Browns' next coach?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Jan 04, '16, 2:20 pm

Everlong wrote:@The Legend in a perfect world who do you want to see be the Browns' next coach?

In a perfect world they would be deciding between Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, Jon Gruden and Sean Payton.

In an imperfect world I'd settle for Hue Jackson or Adam Gase.

In reality, I don't even care specifically about the name. I'm not knowledgeable enough about coaching candidates to know for sure who I want. What I really want, is the guy that 6 or 7 teams with coaching vacancies would love to hire. I'd love to see Haslam win a bidding war with four teams trying to hire this guy. Get the guy everyone in the NFL and covering the NFL says is a brilliant move.

Unfortunately, in the world we live in the Cleveland Browns are about to hire a coordinator that no one else in the NFL would even interview for a head coach position just like they did with Pettine, Chud and Shurmur.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to NFL