It is currently: May 11, '24, 10:10 am

Eagles Fire Chip Kelly

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Eagles Fire Chip Kelly

Postby Kreashko » Dec 29, '15, 8:02 pm

It looks like the Chip Kelly experiment is officially over in Philadelphia as today Tuesday December 29th, 2015 marks the day he gets the boot in Philly.

Link - http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/philadelphia-eagles-part-ways-with-head-coach-chip-kelly-122915

What are your thoughts on this? Let me know down below.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 45

Re: Eagles Fire Chip Kelly

Postby The Legend » Dec 29, '15, 9:31 pm

LOL, wow. two 10-6 seasons and then one season of either 6-10 or 7-9 and they fire him? I wonder if he's glad that Philly was "the only NFL option for me" now.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Dec 29, '15, 10:57 pm

HOLY SHIT this was unexpected! I mean yeah he destroyed the roster but I thought he'd for sure get at least one more year. Wow.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Dec 30, '15, 6:07 am

Everlong wrote:HOLY SHIT this was unexpected! I mean yeah he destroyed the roster but I thought he'd for sure get at least one more year. Wow.

Chip to the Titans, I wonder if he wanted it to happen now.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Dec 30, '15, 8:27 am

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:HOLY SHIT this was unexpected! I mean yeah he destroyed the roster but I thought he'd for sure get at least one more year. Wow.

Chip to the Titans, I wonder if he wanted it to happen now.

I guess I wouldn't be shocked, but I think it'd be more likely that he'll go back to college, where he'll have more control, get paid more and be more likely to succeed.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Dec 30, '15, 9:47 am

It is a little surprising, but not totally shocking. If Kelly is going back to college, then he will have to sit out a season. All the major jobs have been filled. If he goes back to the NFL then the only options I see are Tennessee or Cleveland. If the Lions fire Caldwell, then I would be all for Chip Kelly coming in. As long as he isn't give GM power like he was in Philly. People always say that Kelly needs a mobile QB for his system to work, but that isn't true. He made it work just fine with Nick Foles. His biggest mistake was trading LeSean McCoy. I think Kelly would be intrigued by a stable of RBs that included Abdullah, Riddick, and a replacement for Bell. Also, I can't believe I am typing this, but Stafford would be a major upgrade over Bradford.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby chuway » Dec 30, '15, 6:35 pm

Yeah you don't dismantle a roster like he did and get a second chance. Good riddance.

chuway Male
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

Return to NFL