It is currently: May 04, '24, 9:29 pm

Beckham is a damn joke

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Beckham is a damn joke

Postby Messiah » Dec 20, '15, 2:25 pm

What a fucking bitch. How has he not been ejected?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Beckham is a damn joke

Postby UTK » Dec 20, '15, 2:40 pm

Ejected? What? No. But the dude needs to work on keeping his cool. It's embarrassing.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Messiah » Dec 20, '15, 2:41 pm

UTK wrote:"Ejected"? What? No. But the dude needs to work on keeping his cool. It's embarrassing.

What? He has 3 personal fouls and several other plays where he was throwing punches and/or hitting the facemask.

There is no reason why he shouldn't have been ejected. Even Pereira said he should have been.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby UTK » Dec 20, '15, 3:58 pm

I hadn't actually been watching, only following the game online/on my phone. Now that I see everything yes, I think he should have been. He should be facing fines for something. I hope Coughlin tears him up for that shit. Embarrassing.

UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Str8Shooter » Dec 20, '15, 5:23 pm

Leave David alone, dude's been retired from soccer for years and still gets shit....

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Dec 20, '15, 7:17 pm

He absolutely should have been ejected. What a piece of shit. He was clearly headhunting, a not-as-well known player would have been tossed immediately. I'd say he should be suspended for a game honestly, but I highly doubt that happens.

He's made a name for himself as a diva in his time in the NFL so far, and the events of today make his image even worse.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby EmperorWu » Dec 21, '15, 11:36 am

Lost all respect for him. He clearly was shown favoritism, most other players would have been ejected.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby DBSoT » Dec 21, '15, 12:37 pm

Goodell, " We must take concussions seriously and try to make the game safer!"

OBJ spears Norman with his helmet after the play

Goodell, "Uh uh uh uh.....1 game, Now about those deflated footballs."

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 21, '15, 3:34 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Leave David alone, dude's been retired from soccer for years and still gets shit....

Haha

But yes, I caught snippets of this American Beckham's antics today but is he actually any good as a player or is he infamous for controversy but shit as an actual football player?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby DBSoT » Dec 21, '15, 3:59 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:Leave David alone, dude's been retired from soccer for years and still gets shit....

Haha

But yes, I caught snippets of this American Beckham's antics today but is he actually any good as a player or is he infamous for controversy but shit as an actual football player?
He is arguably the best player at his position in the NFL. He is very good and before yesterday most people knew him for his talent and had no idea he was a giant POS.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 21, '15, 5:21 pm

DBSoT wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:

Haha

He is arguably the best player at his position in the NFL. He is very good and before yesterday most people knew him for his talent and had no idea he was a giant POS.

It seemed there was beef between him and the player he was targeting throughout the game? Some analysis on a US show had an ex-player, can't remember the name, suggesting Beckham and Norman to sit down and sort their problems out.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby UTK » Dec 22, '15, 9:06 am

Alright, let's not condemn OBJ and act like it was out of nowhere, some guy off Carolina's practice squad was threatening OBJ with a bat before the game. Yes, I know the Carolina secondary has bats in the pre-game for whatever reason. Never see them literally go up to a specific player and threaten to "end their day" with it. Rally bat, huh? That's not how you use a rally bat, bud. And come on...we all know Norman isn't a patron saint either.

OBJ should not have taken that helmet shot. He deserves to be suspended and fucked in the ass by Coughlin for that. But everything else...I get it now. He shouldn't have let the dickheads get to his head, but I get it.

UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Dec 23, '15, 10:08 am

UTK wrote:Alright, let's not condemn OBJ and act like it was out of nowhere, some guy off Carolina's practice squad was threatening OBJ with a bat before the game. Yes, I know the Carolina secondary has bats in the pre-game for whatever reason. Never see them literally go up to a specific player and threaten to "end their day" with it. Rally bat, huh? That's not how you use a rally bat, bud. And come on...we all know Norman isn't a patron saint either.

OBJ should not have taken that helmet shot. He deserves to be suspended and fucked in the ass by Coughlin for that. But everything else...I get it now. He shouldn't have let the dickheads get to his head, but I get it.

Jfc, if Odell is really terrified by people "pointing bats at him," bats that the team brings on the field EVERY SINGLE WEEK as part of a ritual "bring the wood" kind of thing, then he has no business stepping on to a football field, where legitimately scary things could actually happen to him.

I

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Str8Shooter » Dec 23, '15, 10:34 am

Everlong wrote:
UTK wrote:Alright, let's not condemn OBJ and act like it was out of nowhere, some guy off Carolina's practice squad was threatening OBJ with a bat before the game. Yes, I know the Carolina secondary has bats in the pre-game for whatever reason. Never see them literally go up to a specific player and threaten to "end their day" with it. Rally bat, huh? That's not how you use a rally bat, bud. And come on...we all know Norman isn't a patron saint either.

Jfc, if Odell is really terrified by people "pointing bats at him,"

He should have got some advice from Hogan and the rest of the NWO on how to deal with people pointing bats at you.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Dec 23, '15, 11:47 am

So his logical response to someone pointing a bat at him is to wait until the bat is put away and then head hunt Norman? If he actually thought one of those guys was going to come after him with a bat in the middle of a nationally televised NFL game, then he should really seek some help.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby UTK » Dec 23, '15, 12:15 pm

Everlong wrote:

Jfc, if Odell is really terrified by people "pointing bats at him," bats that the team brings on the field EVERY SINGLE WEEK as part of a ritual "bring the wood" kind of thing, then he has no business stepping on to a football field, where legitimately scary things could actually happen to him.

I

You know that's not the point. Why is it okay for a player to walk up to another and straight-up threaten him with a weapon? He wasn't going to start beating him with a bat on the field, yes, I get that. But that's not the point. Why should that behavior be tolerated at all?

DBSoT wrote:

So his logical response to someone pointing a bat at him is to wait until the bat is put away and then head hunt Norman? If he actually thought one of those guys was going to come after him with a bat in the middle of a nationally televised NFL game, then he should really seek some help.

If you read my post, I wasn't excusing the head hunting. Also, OBJ and Norman had beef before the game, the asshat off the practice squad probably ticked him off more, and then first play of the game Norman shoves the shit out of him. It all built up.

UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Dec 23, '15, 12:25 pm

UTK wrote:You know that's not the point. Why is it okay for a player to walk up to another and straight-up threaten him with a weapon? He wasn't going to start beating him with a bat on the field, yes, I get that. But that's not the point. Why should that behavior be tolerated at all?

I highly doubt that's how it went down. Threaten him with a weapon? Like any player's actually going to womp the guy with a bat on a field in front of thousands of people?

We don't really know what went down with the bats, so we can't even say for sure that there's any poor behavior that's BEING tolerated. What we do know is that while norman was talking shit (which surprise, DBs do every week, people suck Sherman's nuts over it), Odell was being an immature diva and took it to an entirely level that we know for sure is inappropriate.

If the bat thing is really the biggest defense available for him then it's a reach at best. The dude has issues.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DBSoT » Dec 23, '15, 12:37 pm

If you read my post, I wasn't excusing the head hunting. Also, OBJ and Norman had beef before the game, the asshat off the practice squad probably ticked him off more, and then first play of the game Norman shoves the shit out of him. It all built up.
I get where your coming from, but I was responding to the first part of your post. You said that "lets not act like it is out of no where." It may have had some provocation and him being upset should not be a surprise, but his response was out of no where. Everyone in the NFL hears trash talking and likely some threats, but most don't lose their shit and run head first into another player. I know your not excusing his actions and that you except he lost his cool, but what he did makes him look like a dick and perception is reality.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to NFL