It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 5:40 am

Aren't the Giants just great!?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Aren't the Giants just great!?

Postby UTK » Nov 30, '15, 7:58 pm

Seriously.

So good.

Best team.

They're just super! Fucking super!

They're not causing me to cry and binge drink. Oh, heavens no!

So glad I'm a Giants fan.

Love you Tom :)

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Aren't the Giants just great!?

Postby The Legend » Dec 02, '15, 3:34 pm

Did you see my team this week? Making me stay up until midnight to break my heart? I'll trade now.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Dec 02, '15, 4:29 pm

The Legend wrote:Did you see my team this week? Making me stay up until midnight to break my heart? I'll trade now.
Would you rather have your situation where you know your getting a top 3 talent in the draft or in the Lions situation where they are in .500 purgatory. If the Lions don't win out, they would have screwed up their draft position and probably saved Caldwell's job. Not to mention they may even keep the interim GM if they make the playoffs (I WOULD RIOT).

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Dec 02, '15, 4:41 pm

DBSoT wrote:you know your getting a top 3 talent in the draft

Does it really matter when it's the Browns though?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Dec 02, '15, 4:45 pm

DBSoT wrote:
The Legend wrote:Did you see my team this week? Making me stay up until midnight to break my heart? I'll trade now.
Would you rather have your situation where you know your getting a top 3 talent in the draft or in the Lions situation where they are in .500 purgatory. If the Lions don't win out, they would have screwed up their draft position and probably saved Caldwell's job. Not to mention they may even keep the interim GM if they make the playoffs (I WOULD RIOT).

I'm a Browns fan. I've got almost 20 years of experience knowing that a top 3 pick doesn't equal a top3 draft talent automatically. Teams drafting in the back half of the draft get better first round picks than top 10 teams quite frequently.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Dec 02, '15, 9:41 pm

DBSoT wrote:Would you rather have your situation where you know your getting a top 3 talent in the draft or in the Lions situation where they are in .500 purgatory. If the Lions don't win out, they would have screwed up their draft position and probably saved Caldwell's job. Not to mention they may even keep the interim GM if they make the playoffs (I WOULD RIOT).

Lions don't need a top draft pick to be competitive. They have plenty of talent.

I would be surprised if they kept their interim GM. That wouldn't make much sense given the GM has nothing to do with the current on-field product. If the plan was to keep him, that would happen regardless of their on-field success the rest of the way. This makes Caldwell's future murkier too. Panthers hired a new GM after 2012 and he decided to keep Rivera, so it is possible that could happen in this situation (depending on how long it takes to hire a new GM) but I'm not sure I picture that being the case.

I think the Lions have all the pieces to be a successful team though. Ansah is an impact player on the defense and guys like Slay are good people to build around. Coaching is probably what hurt them the most earlier this season. I'm not in the camp that believes they should move on from Stafford. As many flaws as he may have... it's still going to be extremely difficult to find a better option. You can win with Stafford.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Dec 03, '15, 6:07 am

Going back to this discussion. These are the 10 players the Browns have drafted in the top 10 of the first round and all of them have players drafted in later rounds that were far better.

1999: Tim Couch
2000: Courtney Brown
2001: Gerard "Big Money" Warren
2004: Kellen "Evil Knievel" Winslow II
2005: Braylon "I can't catch" Edwards
2007: Joe "The One Exception" Thomas
2008: Pick was traded to trade back into 07 first round to draft Brady "GQ" Quinn
2010: Joe "the Second Exception" Haden
2012: Trent "Three Blind Mice" Richardson
2013: Barkevious "Featherweight" Mingo
2014: Justin "I behave and play worse than Manziel" Gilbert

World Champion
World Champion

Return to NFL