It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:48 pm

Brown vs. Jones vs. Hopkins vs. Beckham

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Brown vs. Jones vs. Hopkins vs. Beckham

Postby Messiah » Nov 21, '15, 10:59 am

4 of the top 5 receivers in the NFL this year by yardage. Which receiver do you think is the best?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Brown vs. Jones vs. Hopkins vs. Beckham

Postby Everlong » Nov 21, '15, 7:14 pm

Out of these I think it's Julio and it's not particularly close.

Antonio is a really good, reliable player, but he's not as well rounded as Julio, who's outstanding in all aspects of the game. I'd probably take Brown second.

Hopkins and Beckham each have just a little more to prove to me before I can group them with the other two, but they're fast on their way to being elite players at their position.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Re: Brown vs. Jones vs. Hopkins vs. Beckham

Postby The Legend » Nov 21, '15, 9:51 pm

For me this is a question for what you want out of your wide receiver. Julio is certainly the most accomplished of the four, although the backside of his career is probably coming sooner rather than later.

Brown is probably the most versatile weapon of the four, able to beat you in any number of ways.

Hopkins is the best deep threat.

Beckham has the best hands.

For my bet I would take Brown, just before Julio. Beckham is third, I'd definitely say Hopkins is last on the list.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to NFL