It is currently: Apr 25, '24, 8:55 am

Week 1 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 1 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Sep 08, '15, 11:56 am

ONCE AGAIN it’s time for the best part of this website… NFL picks season is upon us, finally! Remember to get all of your picks in BEFORE the games begin that week. That means get your Thursday pick in before Thursday kickoff, and the rest of your picks in BEFORE Sunday at 1 EST.

Let’s do this!

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – Opening night has produced some pretty excellent games most of the time since this format was introduced in 2004. However, the home team almost always wins. I expect this scenario to be no different, with Tom Brady coming out raring to shove his court victory down the NFL’s throats. Wrong place, wrong time for the Steelers here, I’m afraid. Patriots 35, Steelers 21

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, GB by 6.5 – This past week, Mike McCarthy uncharacteristically said that he looked forward to “kicking Chicago’s ass.” Hopefully this is the sign of some new fire in McCarthy and the Packers this year, who were cost sorely by their penchant to let off the gas in the NFC Championship Game. The Bears could be one of the three or four worst teams in the league this year, and homefield advantage can’t save them against a focused Aaron Rodgers looking to redeem himself after last year’s failure. Packers 37, Bears 10

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – I expect big things from the Chiefs this year. With Eric Berry’s miraculous comeback, the addition of Jeremy Maclin and an ever-stingy defense, I think they’re a darkhorse contender in a conference where everyone is picking New England or Indianapolis. Texans will be more of the same from last year… fairly solid D, no quarterback. UPSET! – Chiefs 24, Texans 17

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – Cleveland still hasn’t resolved its quarterback situation and its offense has become even more devoid of weapons. Defense alone won’t get it a playoff spot in this division. However, they’re squaring off against a team that could practically be its twin in the Jets. Hard to know what to expect in week one, so I’ll side with the home team. Jets 20, Browns 17

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – Many people expect the Colts to take the next step and head to the Super Bowl this year, but I am not really sold on them. Plus, you can’t look past the Bills, who might just have the best defense in the AFC and are going to benefit from the initial boost of confidence provided by Rex Ryan’s coaching. I think they’re going to surprise some people. UPSET! – Bills 27, Colts 24

Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins, MIA by 4 – The Dolphins have come out strong out of the gates in recent years, and they’re playing against the league’s most dysfunctional franchise in week one. Definitely a nice way to prepare the palate for bigger meals down the road. Dolphins 23, Redskins 9

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – A battle of the two 1995 expansion clubs features two teams with a lot of questions. Is Blake Bortles really going to be capable of leading an inexperienced squad of no-namers to anything more than 4 wins? Can the Panthers expect to repeat as divisional champions with zero receivers, an aging running back and a defense that tended to fall apart throughout 2014? Tough to say, but the safer pick here is definitely the team with Cam Newton. Panthers 24, Jaguars 13

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – The Rams have given the Seahawks fits in recent years, but the Seahawks have a rough opening to their season and can’t afford to look past St. Louis to their rematch with Green Bay the following week. Seattle will get past the early divisional test. Seahawks 20, Rams 16

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – Another pair of teams where it’s really hard to know what to expect. The Cardinals’ stifling defense got them off to a really hot start last year before injuries to their top two QBs doomed them in the playoffs. The Saints underperformed all season long on both sides of the ball, but the potential is still there for them to be a top team. Honestly don’t know how to call this one. I expect the Saints to win their division this year, but I’ve underestimated the Cardinals under Bruce Arians too many times. I’m going to take Arizona against my better judgment. Cardinals 21, Saints 20

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – The Lions have lost their best defensive player and picked up an aging Haloti Ngata. Their secondary is still suspect, and while Joique Bell provided some stability at running back he’s still not a game breaker. Meanwhile, the Chargers are flying under the radar and will probably hover around .500 again this season… just like the Lions probably will. This one’s a tossup, so in week one the home team gets the nod. Chargers 31, Lions 24

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – Mariota vs. Winston right off the bat! I dig it. Mariota looked far superior to Winston in preseason, and the Titans looked poised to play some decent football. I like them over what the Buccaneers have assembled. UPSET! – Titans 17, Bucs 13

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – The Raiders will continue to improve this year, but they’re not at the talent level of the Bengals quite yet. I think the Raiders will give Cincy a good fight, but the Bengals will scrape out a win. Bengals 24, Raiders 20

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – We’re going to find out very soon whether reports of Peyton Manning’s demise are accurate or premature. I definitely don’t think he’s capable of being the player he once was, but we’re talking about Peyton in September. The Ravens may be road warriors, but Peyton is at his best when there’s still plenty of season before January. Broncos 27, Ravens 20

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – I’m really interested to see whether the Cowboys’ defense is able to live up to what it accomplished last year and whether they’ll be hurt by the decision to let go of DeMarco Murray. If anybody’s capable of coming in and fucking up their opener it’s the Giants. I’m going to predict New York just for the lulz. UPSET! – Giants 24, Cowboys 21

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – The Eagles looked impressive in preseason, but that’s preseason. The Falcons looked like dogshit last year, but that was last year and now they’re healthy. Either team could take this one, but I think the Eagles are better coached. Eagles 30, Falcons 20

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – The Vikings are this year’s sexy pick as a team that’s going to significantly improve over what it accomplished last year, and they get a nice soft start to their schedule with a 49ers team that has been absolutely gutted over the last seven months. This year is looking like one Niners fans will want to wipe out of their memories as soon as possible. Vikings 26, Niners 12

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 1 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Sep 08, '15, 12:00 pm

ALRIGHT BOYS LETS DO THIS

@Messiah
@DBSOT
@MotorCitySaint
@HFX
@SKS
@GNR
@JDD
@RatedRBowler
@lyonssv
@War Daddy
@DanielsonTHAGOAT
@Philip Rivers
@The Legend
@xgamr
@CMPUNKFAN
@BSM
@Romo
@UTK
@Str8Shooter
@The Horseman
@motionmann
@Battleaxe

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby UTK » Sep 08, '15, 3:28 pm

AME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – NEW ENGLAND

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, GB by 6.5 – GREEN BAY

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – UPSET! KANSAS CITY

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – JETS

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – COLTS

Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins, MIA by 4 – MIAMI

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – PANTHERS

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – SEATTLE

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – UPSET! NEW ORLEANS

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – UPSET! DETROIT

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – TAMPA BAY

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – BENGALS

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – DENVER

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – UPSET! GIANTS

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – PHILLY

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – VIKINGS

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby BSM » Sep 08, '15, 7:39 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – Patriots

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, GB by 6.5 – Packers

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – UPSET! Chiefs

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – Jets

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – Colts

Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins, MIA by 4 – Dolphins

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – Panthers

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – Seahawks

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – Cardinals

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – Chargers

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – Buccaneers

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – Bengals

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – Broncos

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – UPSET! Falcons

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – Vikings

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby HFX » Sep 08, '15, 8:13 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – New England Patriots 38, Pittsburgh Steelers 24

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, GB by 6.5 – Green Bay Packers 42, Chicago Bears 20

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – UPSET!!! Kansas City Chiefs 27, Houston Texans 17

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – New York Jets 20, Cleveland Browns 9

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – UPSET!!! Buffalo Bills 30, Indianapolis Colts 27

Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins, MIA by 4 – Miami Dolphins 26, Washington Redskins 10

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – Carolina Panthers 19, Jacksonville Jaguars 13

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – Seattle Seahawks 26, St. Louis Rams 19

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – Arizona Cardinals 28, New Orleans Saints 24

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – San Diego Chargers 32, Detroit Lions 25

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – UPSET!!! Tennessee Titans 17, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – Cincinnati Bengals 23, Oakland Raiders 16

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – Denver Broncos 31, Baltimore Ravens 23

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – Dallas Cowboys 37, New York Giants 29

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – Philadelphia Eagles 34, Atlanta Falcons 24

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – Minnesota Vikings 30, San Francisco 49ers 16

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby SKS » Sep 08, '15, 8:21 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – If Brady's suspension was upheld, I probably still would have went with the Patriots. The Steelers' defense is not very good. Without probably the best overall position player in the league, I don't see them winning this one in Foxboro. A mostly full strength Patriots team should win it, but I expect a shootout. NE 38 PIT 27

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, GB by 6.5 – I'm surprised the spread is only 6.5. The Bears always seem to get demolished by the Packers when Rodgers is healthy, I don't think that's going to change when the Bears have likely gotten worse from last year. GB 35 CHI 17

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – I don't know how to pick this one. Both teams have decent defenses, Chiefs have Charles, so I guess KC, but I could see it either way. UPSET KC 21 HOU 20

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – Pretty much the same teams playing against each other here. I rank the Jets slightly higher in the QB department so I'll go with them at home, but it's a coin flip for me. NYJ 24 CLE 14

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – Another tough coin flip call for me. Bills defense is pretty legit but Luck got a few more upgrades on offense. No idea. UPSET BUF 20 IND 17

Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins, MIA by 4 – If the Dolphins don't destroy the Skins they should be upset with themselves. I think this is my lock of the week. Watch them lose now. MIA 38 WAS 10

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – Jaguars are on the positive swing this year. I think they upset the Panthers who I see having a rough season. UPSET JAX 23 CAR 20

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – Rams always cause problems for Seattle. But without Gurley and having a beat up Mason I don't think they pull off a win here. SEA 26 STL 13

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – The Saints defense is flat out ass. Cardinals should light them up, I have more faith in the Arizona D but I expect a shootout with Brees. ARI 34 NO 28

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – Stafford can't seem to beat winning teams on the road. I think San Diego is a winning team this year. SD 24 DET 17

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – Might as well just keep flipping my coin. TB 10 TEN 7

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – This seems like a game the Bengals would lose. But I don't have much faith in Oakland. Tough call regardless. CIN 21 OAK 7

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – Ravens have gone into Denver and won before, and I think the Broncos take a step back this season overall. Not that confident in this but going for the upset. UPSET BAL 28 DEN 24

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – These are always close high scoring games it seems. Eli owns the Cowboys in Dallas usually, aside from last year. However the Giants defense is ass... EDITING this pick to DAL 28, NYG 20

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – The Eagles will probably lose this...but on paper I think they're better overall. Hopefully they start off well. PHI 31 ATL 27

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – I'm not buying into the Vikings hype just yet. But the 49ers might be one of the worst teams this year IMO. MIN 20 SF 14

Last edited by SKS on Sep 12, '15, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby EmperorWu » Sep 09, '15, 6:27 am

Can anyone jump in on this?

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Everlong » Sep 09, '15, 7:06 am

EmperorWu wrote:Can anyone jump in on this?

Absolutely! I'd recommend reading the rules in the year-long standings thread as well!

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby RatedRBowler » Sep 09, '15, 12:36 pm

Patriots > Steelers
Packers > Bears
Texans > Chiefs
Browns > Jets UPSET!!!!
Colts > Bills
Dolphins > Redskins
Jaguars > Panthers UPSET!!!
Seahawks > Rams
Cardinals > Saints
Lions > Chargers UPSET!!!
Buccaneers > Titans
Bengals > Raiders
Broncos > Ravens
Cowboys > Giants
Eagles > Falcons
Vikings > 49ers

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Thanks to Tim for both of my awesome sigs!!
RatedRBowler Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 4

Postby DBSoT » Sep 09, '15, 12:59 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots – New England
Note: New England coming off an emotional off season at home is dangerous

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears – Green Bay
Note: The Bear just aren't very good and have lost some key players to injury.

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans – Houston
Note: These teams a mirror images of each other (good defense, noodle arm QB, good RBs), so I went with the home team.

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets – Jets
Note: These teams are also mirror images of each other, so once again I went with the home team.

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills – Colts
Note: This game should be close and with it being at Buffalo I was intrigued to take the home team, but I think Frank Gore makes the difference here. I also think the lost of Kiko Alonso could have an effect early in the season.

Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins – Miami
Note: The Redskins are an organizational massacre. I feel bad for Kirk Cousins since his o-line can't pass block and they have Suh and company coming in. It's going to be a blood bath.

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars -Panthers
Note: This one will be closer then some people expect, but Carolina still has a good D and Jacksonville still has Bortles.

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams - Seattle
Note: I really wanted to pick the Rams here because I see them taking a jump up this season, but Seattle is just to good. The addition of Jimmy Graham and the hold out of Kam Chancellor are interesting things to watch this week.

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals - Arizona
Note: I just don't see much of an upgrade for NOLA compared to last years mediocre team. Arizona has a healthy QB and still has one of the best D's in football. It also helps that NOLA is traveling to the west coast.

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers - San Diego
Note: **EDIT** I am changing this pick now that I know DeAndre Levy is out.

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tampa Bay
Note: The battle of the #1 and #2 picks. I have liked Mariota more in the preseason then Winston, but I like the combination of Evans and Jackson over basically just Delanie Walker.

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders - Oakland
Note: Call it a hunch that Oakland starts to show signs of breaking through.

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos – Denver
Note: Peyton in September is better than Peyton in January

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys – Cowboys
Note: The Cowboys were already a good team, but it looks as if there draft steals of La'el Collins and Randy Gregory are playing good as well. I hate to say it, but this team could be good for a while.

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons - Philly
Note: With the addition of Seattle's former defensive coordinator Atlanta should be better on D, but I Philly is not the team to have your first test against. I am believer in Bradford (when healthy) and see him being big this year.

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers – Vikings
Note: Oh how the mighty have fallen in the Bay City. I can't remember anyone having as brutal an off-season as the 49ers just had.

Last edited by DBSoT on Sep 10, '15, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Sep 09, '15, 1:02 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – Since the NFL started having the defending Super Bowl champion open up on Thursday night the home team has won all, but one of those games. The Patriots and Brady will dip into their persecution complex one more time to whine about them versus the world. Pair that up with a Steelers defense that isn't very good and it should be a pretty good night for New England. That being said Pittsburgh might have the best offense in the league this year and they should be able to keep pace fairly well with the Pats. The defending champs though should hold on at the end. NE Patriots 28, Pittsburgh Steelers 23

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, GB by 6.5 – I think the Bears might be a little better than last year, especially on defense, but they won't keep up with the Packers here. Green Bay could be in the Super Bowl this year and are simply a level ahead of Chicago here. GB Packers 27, Chicago Bears 21

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – Count me as a believer that Houston will be improved over last year with the addition of Brian Hoyer at quarterback and some improvement at the skill positions on offense and an ever improving defense. The Chiefs also could be improved with Jeremy Maclin being a definite upgrade over Dwayne Bowe on offense. This is a pivotal game in the AFC Wild Card race right off the bat. Houston Texans 24, KC Chiefs 21

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – These teams might as well be carbon copies of each other. The Browns are hoping that Josh McCown is the second coming of Oakland Raider Rich Gannon, the defense is the second coming of the 2009 New York Jets and that Isaiah Crowell is the second coming of Adrian Peterson. If all of those things happen it could be a promising year. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Let's see if they can start the season with a win for only the second time since 1999. UPSET!!! Cleveland Browns 17, NY Jets 16

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – This game is a fascinating battle of the immovable object vs the unstoppable force. On one side there's Andrew Luck and the Colts offense, on the other it's the Buffalo Bills' defense. The rules tilt to the offense and better offenses winning these days, but it wouldn't be a total shocker for the Bills to pull the upset here. Indy Colts 24, Buffalo Bills 23

Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins, MIA by 4 – Miami has made a lot of waves the last couple of years in the off-season improvement department, but it has yet to parlay into regular season success. If they in fact want to be playing meaningful games in January they need to beat the dysfunction out of Washington. Miami Dolphins 21, Washington Redskins 20

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – The battle of the total pussycats of the NFL. I'll take Carolina, but I don't feel good about it and I doubt they make it back to the playoffs again. Carolina Panthers 22, Jacksonville Jaguars 18

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – The Seahawks have been to two straight Super Bowls, it's been a while since we've seen a team make three trips in a row to the big game. Seattle also appears to have some problems brewing in terms of keeping players happy. That's the problem with building a team on defense. You've got way too many players looking to strike it rich, if you only have to pay the QB then it's a lot easier to maintain. I'm going totally out on a limb here and saying that the Nick Foles era in St. Louis gets started on the rights foot. UPSET!!! St. Louis Rams 21, Seattle Seahawks 18

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – This one is pretty easy to me. The Saints tried to improve their defense and running game by trading Jimmy Graham, but now I don't think they have anything to hang their hats on. Arizona is a really good team that will keep games close on both ends just by how they play the game. Arizona Cardinals 24, NO Saints 23

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – I think the Lions are going to take a fairly significant step backwards this season. They still aren't very multi-dimensional on offense and their defense took a major hit. San Diego is a team I have no trouble getting back to the playoffs and will definitely be one of about six teams looking for a wild card spot. SD Chargers 28, Detroit Lions 21

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – The Buccaneers were my pick to win the NFC South this year because: 1. Jameis Winston. 2. Someone has to do it. This should be a close, pretty low scoring game as both rookie QB's get their feet wet. TB Buccaneers 14, Tennessee Titans 13

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – People are talking up a big game about the Raiders this year. I just don't see it. This might be one of the biggest blowouts of the first weekend. XCincy Bengals 27, Oakland Raiders 17

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – Another year, another big game by Peyton Manning. Yawn. Denver Broncos 27, Baltimore Ravens 20

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – The Giants are a team in the decline. I'm not sure that I buy the Cowboys ability to maintain what they did last season, but they should start this season off right thanks to the right opponent. Dallas Cowboys 27, NY Giants 23

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – Battle of the Birds! I think the Falcons have the ability to be better than they were the past two seasons, but the Eagles look like a team with Sam Bradford that could really take offense to the next level as long as he stays healthy. I'm not sure he'll be healthy in four months, but Bradford is healthy right now. Philly Eagles 30, Atlanta Falcons 23

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – I think the Vikings are going to be this season's big upward movers with Teddy Bridgewater and Adrian Peterson working together. The Niners meanwhile are falling faster than a penny off the Golden Gate Bridge. Minnesota Vikings 23, SF Niners 17

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby xgamr » Sep 09, '15, 11:13 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – Patriots

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – Jets

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – UPSET Jaguars

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – Cardinals

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – UPSET Titans

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – UPSET Ravens

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – Eagles

Last edited by xgamr on Sep 13, '15, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Sep 09, '15, 11:38 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – Patriots 31 Steelers 23

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, GB by 6.5 – Packers 35 Bears 16

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – UPSET!!! Chiefs 20 Texans 10

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – Jets 24 Browns 13

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – Colts 21 Bills 17

Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins, MIA by 4 – Dolphins 27 Redskins 10

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – Panthers 23 Jaguars 13

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – Seahawks 17 Rams 14

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – Cardinals 24 Saints 20

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – Chargers 28 Lions 24

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – UPSET!!! Titans 23 Buccaneers 20

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – Bengals 24 Raiders 13

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – Broncos 27 Ravens 23

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – Cowboys 27 Giants 20

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – Eagles 35 Falcons 17

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – Vikings 23 49ers 20

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby EmperorWu » Sep 10, '15, 7:09 am

Pats vs Steelers - Patriots
Colts vs Browns - Colts
Bills vs Jets - Bills
Panthers vs Packers - Packers
Jaguars vs Bears - Jaguars
Chiefs vs Dolphins - Chiefs
Texans vs Redskins - Texans
Seahawks vs Lions - Seahawks
Rams vs Chargers - Rams
Saints vs Ravens - Ravens
Cardinals vs Broncos - Cardinals
Bengals vs Titans - Titans
Raiders vs Buccaneers - Raiders
Giants vs Cowboys - Cowboys
Eagles vs Falcons - Falcons
Vikings vs 49ers - Vikings

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby JDD » Sep 10, '15, 8:46 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – UPSET! Steelers

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – HOUSTON

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – JETS

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – COLTS

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – UPSET! ST. LOUIS

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – ARIZONA

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – SAN DIEGO

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – BENGALS

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – UPSET! GIANTS

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – UPSET! ATLANTA

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – VIKINGS

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Messiah » Sep 10, '15, 9:24 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – Without Le'veon Bell, Maurkice Pouncey, or Martavis Bryant, I struggle to see how Pittsburgh is going to be able to keep up with New England for 4 quarters. Tomlin is a good coach and Roethlisberger/Brown are among the best at their position (Brown is quite possibly the most consistent player in football), but it won't be enough to overcome a wretched looking defense and a scheme transition (more Cover 2) that Brady will eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. New England have their own question marks as well, particularly but not limited to the secondary. However, they are always firing on all cylinders at Foxborough. Patriots 34, Steelers 17

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, GB by 6.5 – I don't think Chicago is going to be as bad as people think this year, if only because they have a very solid coaching staff in Fox (say what you want, but outside of 2010, his teams are always competitive/feisty), Gase, and Fangio (criminally underrated DC). Fangio had success in San Francisco slowing down Rodgers. Unfortunately, for as good as their coaching staff may be, talent plays into the equation as well and Chicago is sorely lacking in it, especially defensively. Combined with Cutler's struggles against Green Bay in the past, there is no way I see them beating the Packers. It will be closer than people think (unless Alshon Jeffery doesn't play), though. Nelson was a huge loss for that team. Packers 27, Bears 20

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – Hmm, tough game to predict. If this was at Arrowhead, I would definitely go with the Chiefs here. KC started a bit slow last year, inexcusably dropping a game to Tennessee so that is something to keep in the back of your mind. I really like Bill O'Brien as a head coach and I think if Houston ever gets that quarterback, they are going to be a fantastic team for a long time under him. Unfortunately, they will be without Foster for a couple of weeks and KC's defense is extremely talented. If Houston can't come up with a running game to keep the defense honest, KC's pass rush will get after Hoyer. Looks like Poe could play as well. KC's offense should be a lot better than it was in last year too with the addition of Maclin and progression of Kelce. I'll take Kansas City here. UPSET! - Chiefs 23, Texans 10

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – It's unfortunate that the Jets quarterback is Ryan Fitzpatrick of all people because they actually have a lot of talent in the passing game between Marshall, Decker, Kerley, and Smith (albeit he won't play Sunday). Fitzpatrick has had spurts where he plays really well, but overall is a mediocre at best quarterback who somehow finds a way to start every season. Fortunately for the Jets, the Browns QB situation is even worse as Josh McCown is complete and utter trash. If Manziel isn't playing by Week 5, I will be surprised. Jets 20, Browns 9

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – Oh man, this is going to be a good one. You know, I have just about no faith in Tyrod Taylor being a good quarterback, but he does bring an element to the game that could catch a lot of teams off-guard. Rex Ryan has proven in the past that his teams can compete with the best of them with just average quarterback play. In Buffalo, Taylor has a Harvin, Woods, and of course Watkins to throw to with LeSean McCoy in the backfield. Everyone knows just how talented their defensive line is, and Ryan's blitz schemes will make their pass rush even more ferocious. It's hard for me to go against Luck and the Colts here, primarily because I think Luck is going to take that next step this year and be an MVP candidate. However, the Colts GM flat out isn't doing a good job fielding an all-around complete team. Their run defense could be the worst in the NFL this year after the loss of Art Jones and who knows how much Gore and/or Johnson have left in the tank. Against my better judgment, I'm going to go with the Bills here. HOWEVER, if on gameday LeSean McCoy is ruled out, don't be surprised if I change my pick to the Colts. UPSET! - Bills 24, Colts 21

Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins, MIA by 4 – Miami is what Buffalo would be if they had a quarterback. I know a lot of people still question Tannehill, but I like him a lot, especially in that Bill Lazor offense. Don't know what to think about Joe Philbin, who makes a lot of questionable decisions as a head coach, but Miami is a really talented team. I don't really know how Washington's offensive line will slow down Suh and Wake and quite frankly, Jay Gruden is a suck-ass head coach. If they pull off the upset at home, I wouldn't be surprised. I sure as heck won't predict them to do so though. Dolphins 27, Redskins 16

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – Blake Bortles showed a lot of promise in the preseason, but the Jaguars still have a lot of work they need to do. They need someone in the backfield to step-up as a consistent, reliable running back (potentially Yeldon). I would be more confident in this team if Julius Thomas didn't go down with an injury, but without him, they are relying on a lot of inexperienced guys sans Marcedes Lewis, who is pretty far removed from his prime. Carolina's receivers are wretched, but Stewart and Olsen give them a bit more reliable weapons on offense than Jacksonville. It will be a close one and Jaguars have potential to kick-off the season 1-0, but I think the Panthers have quite a bit more talent. Panthers 20, Jaguars 17

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – Another really tough game. Seattle is the best team in the NFC without question in my opinion. However, I have a lot of questions about their offensive line and St. Louis might have the best defensive line in the NFL - Donald, Quinn, Fairley, Brockers, Hayes, and Long. This is going to be a fight between two division rivals. The difference will be the Seahawks have enough fire-power on offense to pull out a win in a close game. I don't think the Rams do, especially against the Legion of Boom. Seahawks 17, Rams 10

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – Two teams I'm not sure about in 2015. I really want to say the Cardinals weren't as good as their record suggests last year, but considering they had 10+ wins in 2013 as well, I feel that would be me lying to myself. Saints have a lot of question marks. Their pass rush is going to be dreadful and CB depth bad with Keenan Lewis out for a couple of weeks due to hip surgery. Also what to expect of an offense devoid of talent at the receiver position (even if you believe in Cooks, they have only 4 receivers on the roster with Colston being washed up and no Graham; CJ Spiller is out for Week 1 too). Palmer isn't anything special, but I think he will do enough to lead Arizona to a home win. Cardinals 28, Saints 20

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – Another game in Week 1 I'm looking forward to. Don't sleep on Ameer Abdullah - if they give him the opportunity, he's going to be an immediate impact player for that Detroit offense that also fields Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate. Even more possibilities for that offense if Ebron improves his play. Some questions about their defense after the loss of Suh and Fairley, but they still have Ansah, Levy, Tulloch, and Quin. Teryl Austin is a really good defensive coordinator and will get the best out of that unit. Meanwhile with San Diego, I don't know what to expect. If Gordon performs as well as everyone thinks he should/will, they could have a dangerous offense after the signing of Stevie Johnson. Gates is out for a couple of weeks due to suspension, but Ladarius Green has enormous upside and many believe he should have gotten more of a chance a long time ago. Chargers are also getting back Verrett, who was having a fantastic rookie campaign until he went down with an injury. I'll go San Diego here, given that they are at home. Chargers 21, Lions 20

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – Both of these teams are straight up trash. Winston is going to be road kill behind that offensive line. I guess I'll go with the home team. Buccaneers 16, Titans 14

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – Carr and Cooper will be a good connection, but not enough to get them past Cincinnati. It's not the playoffs yet. Bengals 31, Raiders 24

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – Should be one of the best games of the week. There isn't much to say about this game that isn't already known. Baltimore's weakness at receiver will hurt them here. Who knows how much Steve Smith has left and they don't have much after him (I'm not a Perriman fan, and he won't even play most likely anyway). I don't think they will find as much success with their running game as they did last year either. Broncos 27, Ravens 21

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – Dallas will be hurt by Greg Hardy's absence early on, not to mention Scandrick is out for the season and McClain is also serving a suspension. For the first time in what feels like forever, Sean Lee is actually going to be healthy enough to play a football game, so that is a plus for them. Marinelli is a good defensive coordinator, one of the best, and so I think even with the missing guys, they are going to give the Giants a fight there. It looks like Cruz will be out for the Giants as well. I'm expecting a shootout here. I'll go with Dallas if only because Eli is unpredictable as hell, but I'm not confident in that pick. Cowboys 34, Giants 31

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – I'm not sure what to think of Dan Quinn as a HC and to be honest, Falcons have one of the worst looking rosters in the NFL (I LOVE Desmond Trufant and Beasley and Jalen Collins were great draft picks, but that is about what it for them on defense unless you want to throw a bone to William Moore). Matt Ryan is a good enough quarterback to make sure this is competitive and they are at home, but the Eagles have too much for them I reckon. Eagles 34, Falcons 24

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – San Francisco endured one of the roughest offseasons I can remember, but they still have some talent left and Torrey Smith, as inconsistent as he can be, was a good addition to the passing game. With that said, Minnesota is still more talented and until proven otherwise, better coached. Vikings 24, 49ers 17

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Sep 10, '15, 9:44 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – NEW ENGLAND

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby GNR » Sep 10, '15, 10:35 am

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – NEW ENGLAND

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – UPSET Browns

Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – Panthers

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – UPSET Saints

Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – Buccaneers

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 – Broncos

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – Eagles

Last edited by GNR on Sep 12, '15, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby lyonssv » Sep 10, '15, 2:34 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – New England
Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, GB by 6.5 – Green Bay
Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – UpsetKansas City
Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 –New York Jets
Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – Indianapolis
Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins, MIA by 4 – Miami
Carolina Panthers at Jacksonville Jaguars, CAR by 3.5 – Carolina
Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – Seattle
New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – Arizona
Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – UpsetDetroit
Tennessee Titans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 3 – Tampa Bay
Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – Cincinnati
Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos, DEN by 4.5 –Denver
New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – Dallas
Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – Philadelphia
Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – Minnestora

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 13

Postby ShaneOfan » Sep 10, '15, 4:16 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – THURSDAY NIGHT – Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots, NE by 7 – PITTSBURGH

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans, HOU by 1 – KANSAS CITY

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets, NYJ by 3 – CLEVELAND

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills, IND by 3 – BUFFALO

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams, SEA by 4 – SEATTLE

New Orleans Saints at Arizona Cardinals, ARZ by 2.5 – ARIZONA

Detroit Lions at San Diego Chargers, SD by 3 – UPSET! DETROIT

Cincinnati Bengals at Oakland Raiders, CIN by 3.5 – CINCY

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys, DAL by 6 – DALLAS

Philadelphia Eagles at Atlanta Falcons, PHI by 3 – PHILLY

Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers, MIN by 2.5 – SAN FRANCISCO[/quote]

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Next

Return to NFL