It is currently: May 22, '24, 9:10 am

Brady suspended four games, Pats lose draft picks, fined $1 million dollars

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Re: Brady suspended four games, Pats lose draft picks, fined $1 million dollars

Postby The Legend » May 14, '15, 12:15 pm

Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote: If the Patriots and none of their employees did anything wrong and all this deflation just happened naturally and not as a bigger cover up, why then did THEY and not the LEAGUE indefinitely suspend (read: fire) McNally and Jastremski?

PR 101. They had to do SOMETHING or the league would come down on them even harder.

It's perfectly in fitting with Tom Brady's many crimes against the NFL.

Hahahah what?! What crimes has Tom Brady committed against the NFL?

First he skirted the rules of the NFL, then he lied about skirting the rules of the NFL, then he went to great lengths to cover up his lies and his skirting of the rules of the NFL.

Again, when did it become wrong to ask that everyone follow the letter of the law? When did we go so sideways that we just go on and think nothing is wrong with breaking rules and setting up a deliberate scheme to break those rules repeatedly?

I was raised that if you break rules you have to accept the consequences for breaking those rules. The Patriots broke the rules. It's been shown over and over in various different outlets, there's no way for the footballs to naturally deflate by the degree that they did in the weather conditions of the game.

It's incredibly obvious to me that the Patriots have completely gone into the mode of a three-year old who stands there and flatly denies to his parents writing on his wall with crayons even while they stand next to him looking at all the red wax on the walls.

:banghead That's this thread at this point.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby The Legend » May 14, '15, 12:21 pm

Also, you call it PR 101 to fire someone who is just a scapegoat and wouldn't dare do anything to a football that his football team's coach and quarterback doesn't want done to it? Cause I call that a massive cover up. You want to send a message and get in front of this problem?

Then own it from day one. Say yeah, we deflate footballs. We got caught. We'll follow the rules from now on and move on. Have Brady and everyone else be completely forthcoming with Ted Wells. If they don't have something to hide, then stop acting like they have something to hide. Go to the league and say that instead of blaming it on team lackeys, that the Patriots are ready to suspend Tom Brady for two games to start the season for his role in the scandal and move on.

That would be getting out in front of it and executing PR 101, but the Patriots are too busy being smug and arrogant and willing to go down in a blaze of glory.

World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby PorkChop » May 14, '15, 1:18 pm

Can someone explain Deflategate to me in exchange for reps.

All I know/have heard is that a team deliberately deflated some balls and got in some shit for it.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » May 14, '15, 1:29 pm

Apparently Brady's ball boy was referring to losing weight when he was talking about deflation in his text messages :lol

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Postby Everlong » May 14, '15, 1:31 pm

PorkChop wrote:Can someone explain Deflategate to me in exchange for reps.

All I know/have heard is that a team deliberately deflated some balls and got in some shit for it.

Basically, imagine that someone from Aston Villa may or may not have (there's not really enough evidence to say) asked some pleb on staff to stick a gauge into a ball enough to let air pressure out for half a second at most to change the ball's inflation level by an amount not noticeable by humans. Then imagine that because of this, their best player was suspended for a month and the team was forced to give away two or three of its prospects.

It's the dumbest, most insignificant act in the history of sports to ever cause a controversy.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » May 14, '15, 1:32 pm

Sure. Here it goes. In the NFL in every game each team is responsible for the balls that their team uses on offense. The officials for the game will do a check on the balls before the game to make sure they are up to code. The important part of this check for this story is that every football needs to be inflated to between 12.5-13.5 psi.

Last year in the conference championship game - the game before the Super Bowl - the Patriots' balls were checked and met the requirements before the game. After that point, a Patriot locker room attendant took the balls and at some point went into a locked room with the balls.

At halftime the Colts had said something about the Patriots footballs being under inflated and the balls were checked again. 11 of the 12 Patriot balls were found to be beneath the requisite 12.5 psi level. An under inflated football is at least marginally easier to hold onto and/or catch.

In other words, the Patriots broke league rules. Now they and their supporters are butt hurt over the fact that they got caught and are whining excessively that everyone's just jealous and out to get them.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » May 14, '15, 1:47 pm

The Legend wrote:

Sure. Here it goes. In the NFL in every game each team is responsible for the balls that their team uses on offense. The officials for the game will do a check on the balls before the game to make sure they are up to code. The important part of this check for this story is that every football needs to be inflated to between 12.5-13.5 psi.

Last year in the conference championship game - the game before the Super Bowl - the Patriots' balls were checked and met the requirements before the game. After that point, a Patriot locker room attendant took the balls and at some point went into a locked room with the balls.

At halftime the Colts had said something about the Patriots footballs being under inflated and the balls were checked again. 11 of the 12 Patriot balls were found to be beneath the requisite 12.5 psi level. An under inflated football is at least marginally easier to hold onto and/or catch.

In other words, the Patriots broke league rules. Now they and their supporters are butt hurt over the fact that they got caught and are whining excessively that everyone's just jealous and out to get them.

Actually Grigson sent an e-mail before the AFCCG voicing his concerns about the Pats deflating balls since they encountered deflated balls when they played them in Week 11.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Postby War Daddy » May 14, '15, 2:04 pm

NFL PA has filed an appeal.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby DBSoT » May 14, '15, 8:20 pm

Everlong wrote: (there's not really enough evidence to say) .
Oh come on now. You can question how much deflating the football effects the game and question that the punishment didn't match the crime, but if you honestly don't think Brady knew, then your trolling. The punishment is harsh, but he absolutely committed the crime. In fact the Patriots are now even going so far to cover this up they are claiming that the "deflator" was just talking about losing weight. Though your Sig is exactly why I can't take the argument on either side without shaking my head. It's was clearly not a big crime, but the butt hurt nature of Pats fans is beyond ridiculous. No one is out to get the Pats because they are jealous. You won 4 superbowls and made it to 6. Chill the hell out and take your medicine. @Everlong I am not calling you a Pats fan, but your Sig is what just annoys the crap out of me.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » May 15, '15, 10:42 am

Roger Goodell has named himself the "neutral" arbitrator in the Brady appeal.

Just fucking LOL at that.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Everlong » May 19, '15, 7:51 am

Patriots didn't suspend the ball boys of their own free will.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby The Legend » May 19, '15, 8:00 am

Patriots claim they didn't suspend them of their own free will. Brady, Belichick and Kraft have less than zero truthfulness credability with me.

World Champion
World Champion

Previous

Return to NFL