It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:58 pm

The Eagles sign Tim Tebow

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

The Eagles sign Tim Tebow

Postby xgamr » Apr 19, '15, 4:49 pm

I don't know what to think anymore

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Re: The Eagles sign Tim Tebow

Postby Everlong » Apr 19, '15, 4:51 pm

FUCK YES IT'S TEBOW TIME ONCE AGAIN!!!

Best possible landing place for him too, IMO.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » Apr 19, '15, 5:01 pm

Also I LOVE that it's Tebow and Sanchez reunited.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby The Legend » Apr 19, '15, 5:02 pm

What to think is Chip Kelly has in fact lost his damn mind.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Apr 19, '15, 5:18 pm

I still believe in Tebow. He's better than plenty of other players that are still on NFL rosters. He's had two years to train with a renowned QB coach and Chip Kelly's one of a few coaches in the league who may have the creativity to actually make him work in an offense.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DBSoT » Apr 19, '15, 5:51 pm

And so it begins. What is it that Tebow has that keeps people thinking he can play in the league? He is not good and never will be. Tebow is basically John Cena to me, I respect the person and can't stand the hype. No QB coach in the world is going to make his arm stronger or his football intelligence higher. I can only imagine that they are bringing him in to play a specific non-QB role. H-back, TE, certified clip board holder, etc.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Circled Square » Apr 19, '15, 5:55 pm

lol people believe in tebow :lol

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 19, '15, 6:37 pm

Tebow was a great college player, one of the best. He will never be an elite QB in the NFL. But what he brings to a locker room is special and should never be ignored. People love playing with him. I would have welcomed him in Buffalo.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby The Legend » Apr 19, '15, 7:01 pm

DBSoT wrote:And so it begins. What is it that Tebow has that keeps people thinking he can play in the league? He is not good and never will be. Tebow is basically John Cena to me, I respect the person and can't stand the hype. No QB coach in the world is going to make his arm stronger or his football intelligence higher. I can only imagine that they are bringing him in to play a specific non-QB role. H-back, TE, certified clip board holder, etc.

Players train their entire lives to be an NFL TE, FB, H-Back or any other position. No way Tebow can catch up in one off season to deserve a chance to supplant somebody else at another position.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Apr 19, '15, 7:57 pm

The Legend wrote:
DBSoT wrote:And so it begins. What is it that Tebow has that keeps people thinking he can play in the league? He is not good and never will be. Tebow is basically John Cena to me, I respect the person and can't stand the hype. No QB coach in the world is going to make his arm stronger or his football intelligence higher. I can only imagine that they are bringing him in to play a specific non-QB role. H-back, TE, certified clip board holder, etc.

Players train their entire lives to be an NFL TE, FB, H-Back or any other position. No way Tebow can catch up in one off season to deserve a chance to supplant somebody else at another position.
I agree and disagree. Tebow would need some serious commitment to become even a decent h-back/TE. To your point though about guys training their entire lives, TE's have some exceptions to that rule. There are plenty of former basketball players turned TE that have been successful. There are also examples of former QBs changing positions. Michael Robinson and Denard Robinson come to mind. Granted Tebow does not have the size of Micheal Robinson or the speed of Denard Robinson.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 19, '15, 8:44 pm

If Tebow somehow becomes a threat in the Eagles offense and starts to thrive you will never hear the end of it. ESPN people will trip over each other to report on it.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 20, '15, 9:25 pm

Tebow will probably work all the Wildcard formations for Chip Kelly. But deep down, I hope we get Tebowmania 2. Tebow is just so fucking polarizing and entertaining to watch.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Return to NFL