It is currently: May 11, '24, 2:04 pm

Lets take a moment, Sea defense.

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Lets take a moment, Sea defense.

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 19, '15, 5:14 pm

Sherm was out there terrifying one of the best in the NFL. Sherm is amazing man, I admire his philosophy of the game, the way he backs it up....and the grit,

Shutting down Nelson and boys with a basically broke ass elbow.

Entirely, in my life..I have witnessed no defense greater, especially in the offensive era we're in.

I love football, could eat breath drink and smoke that shit. I shouldn't really need to explain my take on this with real football heads, if you're watching, you know WHAT IT IS.

Im saying right now, the past two years defense is an ALL TIME great. May as well be THE GOAT depending on what they do.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 100

Re: Lets take a moment, Sea defense.

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 19, '15, 5:16 pm

Just soley based on the era, the way the game is played.....its amazing. World class and historical shit man.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 19, '15, 5:21 pm

Fuck you if you bring up an old defense in an old era. Outside the 2000 Ravens, I cant see many legit arguments.

In the early 2000s the league was very run dominated, so virtually different styles of play.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Jan 19, '15, 5:22 pm

It is the best defense I have ever seen over a 3 year span live and the best pass defense I have ever seen.

The Steelers defense in 2008 was insane. They just weren't able to keep up that level of dominance like the Seahawks have been able to do.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » Jan 19, '15, 5:23 pm

Philip Rivers wrote:Fuck you if you bring up an old defense in an old era. Outside the 2000 Ravens, I cant see many legit arguments.

In the early 2000s the league was very run dominated, so virtually different styles of play.

If you're just looking at one year, 2008 Steelers have an argument over any of the Seahawks defenses of the last 3 years. Both had different strengths and weaknesses.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 19, '15, 5:25 pm

I will have a convo with myself in this thread. :cheers

Youre one sexy man,

Well thanks.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topic Author

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 19, '15, 5:32 pm

Messiah wrote:It is the best defense I have ever seen over a 3 year span live and the best pass defense I have ever seen.

The Steelers defense in 2008 was insane. They just weren't able to keep up that level of dominance like the Seahawks have been able to do.

Which basically speaks to the Hawks consistent greatness. 08 Steelers didnt have the type of SB statement SEA did.

00 Ravens are greater than the 08 Steelers.Take that into perspective, SEA D in post season play and the SB statement.

Arizona put numbers on Pitt, almost snuck away with one.

Sea embarassed a legendary QB and one of the greatest pass offenses in history, smashed the record books.

Never seen such a dominate swarming relentless group of mofos.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Jan 20, '15, 3:46 pm

Yards allowed over last 3 years:

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 20, '15, 4:56 pm

Horry shit batman. Wheres this cited from?

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topic Author

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jan 20, '15, 5:25 pm

Keep in mind most of their key players are signed long term so we can expect them to still play up to this greatness for the next 4-5 years.

Obviously they'll struggle buying talent on offense but Seahawks will find a way to surround Wilson with weapons he is comfortable with.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby The Legend » Jan 20, '15, 5:31 pm

The biggest problem the Seahawks will have is the fact that the NFL isn't about to stop any time soon investing in rule changes that will increase offense.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to NFL