It is currently: May 09, '24, 6:14 am

Is Phillip Rivers the most overhyped fraud in the NFL?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Is Phillip Rivers the most overhyped fraud in the NFL?

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jan 14, '15, 10:19 pm

People always try to make a case for Phillip Rivers when it comes to the top 5 QBs in the NFL but the truth is, after this season, he has been exposed as nothing but a fraud. After coming off a great season in 2013,

Rivers started off 2014 on fire but then he began to choke badly during the regular season. In the month of December, he posted a 71.2 QB RATING THE WORST OF HIS CAREER SINCE 2007.

Earlier on in his career, he was privileged with one of the greatest running backs of his generation who carried most of the load for the Chargers when they were an elite team.

Rivers has played in the NFL for 11 years and has only made the playoffs FIVE TIMES. He has only thrown 11 TDs and 9 INTs in the playoffs, extremely mediocre numbers. This is supposed to be the guy that was going to be more successful than Eli Manning.

He has failed to live up to the hype and I'm confident that he'll NEVER EVER win a championship for the Chargers. Phillip Rivers is barely an above average football player that can't lead his team to victories. :kanye6

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Re: Is Phillip Rivers the most overhyped fraud in the NFL?

Postby Everlong » Jan 14, '15, 10:21 pm

I am loving the banter in the NFL forum today :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Everlong » Jan 16, '15, 9:05 am

Surprised nobody else has anything to say about this. I wouldn't go so far as to call Rivers an "overhyped fraud," but I think it's definitely clear he's been overrated a bit.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby The Legend » Jan 16, '15, 10:08 am

Everlong wrote:Surprised nobody else has anything to say about this. I wouldn't go so far as to call Rivers an "overhyped fraud," but I think it's definitely clear he's been overrated a bit.

Eh. I'm pretty over the whole, let's pick on one quarterback threads. I've had my fill. That's why I haven't said anything.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 16, '15, 7:14 pm

Great regular season warrior. One of the best ever, in terms of winning percentage and statistics.

Iron man, tough as fuck. One of the non pussy QBS.

Best QB in franchise history.

Cursed SD franchise.

Post season professional choke artist, along with SD in general.

The whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 100

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 16, '15, 7:22 pm

Its ride or die faggot, ultimate bandwagon fan.

From Peyton's nuts, to Elis, back to the Colts.

Miami basketball to Clev, to never heard from again.

Nobody respects your shitty analysis opinion,you cock juggling thunder cunt. Now get out of your feelings.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Everlong » Jan 16, '15, 7:26 pm

@Philip Rivers you'd rank Rivers over Fouts? You'd know better than me, it's just slightly surprising considering Fouts is a Hall of Famer.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 16, '15, 8:08 pm

Everlong wrote:@Philip Rivers you'd rank Rivers over Fouts? You'd know better than me, it's just slightly surprising considering Fouts is a Hall of Famer.

I'm way too young to have seen Fouts play, but I've watched the tape and older games. I gotta say, Air Coryell is an NFL gawd and genius.

Secondly, Fouts would never make the Hall today with those numbers. Era and time, he was a great...he was historically known for his poor post season performances and turnovers though. Rivers has done a lot more notable things for the franchise of SD.

Really Rivers is similar in a lot of ways. Both have/had gun slinger mentality.

Live by the throw, die by the throw.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jan 17, '15, 12:12 pm

Philip Rivers wrote:Its ride or die faggot, ultimate bandwagon fan.

From Peyton's nuts, to Elis, back to the Colts.

Miami basketball to Clev, to never heard from again.

Nobody respects your shitty analysis opinion,you cock juggling thunder cunt. Now get out of your feelings.

You can dish it out but can't take it. The irony.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Postby Philip Rivers » Jan 17, '15, 2:04 pm

Idk what you mean sissy girl.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

Return to NFL