It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 10:36 am

The Final Four already?!?!?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

The Final Four already?!?!?

Postby The Legend » Oct 08, '13, 9:43 am

So the NFL season is roughly 1/3 of the way over and already I feel pretty confident in predicting what the AFC and NFC championship games are going to be because 4 teams in the NFL have really seperated themselves as the elite bunch. In the NFC I can't even begin to guess who a third team would be that would insert themselves between Seattle and New Orleans, especially since both teams seem destined for home-field advantage until they meet each other. In the AFC Denver and New England - especially once they get healthier - look head and shoulders above each of the other teams.

So this I guess brings up a few questions. Do you agree with my view of the NFL at this point that barring injuries to those teams they are on a collision course for each other? Do you remember a season where teams have seperated themselves away so quickly? Who do you think is the most vulnerable of these four teams? Who do you think is most likely to replace one of those four teams?

Thought this would be a good discussion starter for this place.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: The Final Four already?!?!?

Postby Everlong » Oct 08, '13, 9:46 am

Things never play out the way people expect them to at this point in the season.

I'm really concerned about Denver's defense. While they're missing Von Miller and Champ Bailey, they're still allowing way too many points for what one would consider to be an elite team. I've got a feeling that they're going to disappoint in the playoffs again. But then again, the AFC is pretty weak at the top this year, so who knows. I'm also not super convinced that the Patriots are the threat that we're used to them being. They just put up only 3 points against the Bengals. While the Bengals have a great D, that's pretty concerning for a Patriots team that is usually known for its offense.

One team in the AFC to really keep an eye on is the Chiefs. I want to see how they perform against elite competition, but they've got an outstanding defense with an offense that doesn't make mistakes. I think they could really give teams like the Broncos and Patriots a run.

In the NFC, the Saints look way better than they have in recent years, mostly because their defense is so thoroughly improved. The crazy thing is that no one at all is talking about them. I'd expect them to get to the Conference Championship at this point. I'd pick Seattle as well, but if they have to go on the road in the playoffs, especially to New Orleans, I'm not convinced that they can win. I'd keep an eye on Green Bay and San Francisco.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Oct 08, '13, 10:08 am

I would say that New England is the most vulnerable of the teams that are in that group of four, because as much as Denver is struggling right now if they can keep getting a lead on teams and make them throw when Von Miller is healthy I expect them to force some turnovers and look better. If New England doesn't make it I'd say look out for either Kansas City or maybe Indianapolis (I'd bet one of them would face New England with the other facing Denver in the divisional round).

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 08, '13, 10:21 am

Final four as of right now?

Dallas Seattle Indy and Denver

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Oct 08, '13, 10:25 am

ShaneOfan wrote:Final four as of right now?

Dallas Seattle Indy and Denver

If Dallas makes the conference championship I'll film myself eating a shoe.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to NFL