It is currently: May 16, '24, 12:48 am

AFC #6 spot: who gets it?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

AFC #6 spot: who gets it?

Postby Everlong » Nov 05, '13, 12:26 pm

So the top 5 spots in the AFC are pretty much set. It's gonna be Chiefs, Broncos, Colts, Patriots and Bengals unless something crazy happens.

But what about the #6 spot? Here are the top contenders at the moment:

New York Jets (5-4)
Miami Dolphins (4-4)
San Diego Chargers (4-4)
Tennessee Titans (4-4)
Cleveland Browns (4-5)

If you had to make a guess, which of these teams gets in? Also, any teams underneath these that you think have a chance?

I have a hard time believing the Jets will make the playoffs, but they've beaten some really good teams. Also, with Jason Campbell at QB I think the Browns really do have a chance. That defense of theirs is legit.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: AFC #6 spot: who gets it?

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 05, '13, 12:39 pm

Chances in descending order...

-Chargers
-Titans
-Ravens
-Browns
-Jets
-Dolphins

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby The Legend » Nov 05, '13, 12:45 pm

By #6 spot do you mean the second wild card team? If so it's the Cincinnati Bengals, because the Cleveland Browns are about to take over the AFC North!!! All Cleveland needs is for Baltimore to beat Cincinnati on Sunday and then the Browns control the division. The Browns next three games are against Cincinnati (after Cleveland's bye), then hosting Pittsburgh and Jacksonville. It's not totally absurd to think they could be 7-5, or at least 6-6, heading into the final month of the season. Things get difficult after that with Patriots, Bears and Jets before Pittsburgh at the end of the season.

If my personal favorite choice doesn't happen, well then I think it will be the Chargers. The Jets are too up and down, it feels like the circus could show up to town any day now. The Miami Dolphins already have the circus in town and I think the lockerroom is about to fall apart there. Tennessee was on a roll to start the season, but haven't been the same since Locker got injured.

If I had to pick a dark horse that doesn't have more than 3 wins right now it would be the Ravens. I don't think there's enough wins to go around in the West for Oakland to make a run at it. Houston, Pittsburgh and Jacksonville are totally irrelevant to things. And Buffalo is sort of in the same position with a tough division that will make it hard for them to go on a run.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Nov 05, '13, 3:22 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:Chances in descending order...

-Chargers
-Titans
-Ravens
-Browns
-Jets
-Dolphins

I dunno man, having the Ravens over the Jets and Dolphins seems sketchy to me. Plus, the Browns just beat them, and I don't see why they can't do it again.

I think the Ravens don't get in this year. Too much would have to suddenly go their way.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 05, '13, 4:38 pm

reyflyinfury619 wrote:

-Chargers
-Titans
-Ravens
-Browns
-Jets
-Dolphins

I dunno man, having the Ravens over the Jets and Dolphins seems sketchy to me. Plus, the Browns just beat them, and I don't see why they can't do it again.

I think the Ravens don't get in this year. Too much would have to suddenly go their way.

To be fair I don't think any teams other than the Chargers or Titans have a real shot. But the other four are the only teams I see having any chance at all. That being said. The Jets are to touch and go to be a legit threat. The Dolphins have struggled with their offensive line and now two of their better line men are gone and likely wont be coming back. Even with them it was hard to keep defenses off of Tannehill. The Browns are a team that look good one week and look bad the next. It is interesting to note that they are 0-4 with Weeden and 4-1 with out him but I think a lot of that 4-1 is luck. They are not a bad team and can be good in the future but if it comes down to them or the Ravens, I have to trust Flacco and Rice to get their team to the playoffs over Campbell and McGahee thank you very much.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Nov 05, '13, 4:47 pm

reyflyinfury619 wrote:

-Chargers
-Titans
-Ravens
-Browns
-Jets
-Dolphins

The reason the Browns can't beat them again is because they've already played twice, Baltimore won in Week 2.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Nov 05, '13, 11:03 pm

^Oh, yeah I guess that'd be difficult then :lol

And wow, I didn't realize that 0-4/4-1 stat with the Browns. That's really, really telling. Weeden was holding them back SO much. Imagine what would happen if you put a star QB on that team.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby motionmann » Nov 05, '13, 11:59 pm

I think if the Chargers don't get in, then i'll go with the Jets. Rex Ryan knows how to coach, and if he has it his way, he's gonna coach them right into the playoffs. They're pretty much in the same situation they were in back in 2009.

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby The Legend » Nov 06, '13, 5:32 am

reyflyinfury619 wrote:^Oh, yeah I guess that'd be difficult then :lol

And wow, I didn't realize that 0-4/4-1 stat with the Browns. That's really, really telling. Weeden was holding them back SO much. Imagine what would happen if you put a star QB on that team.

Yeah, it's obvious about Weeden, although it's somewhat misleading still because one of those wins Weeden came in during the first quarter down 10-0 and led them to a win (the game Brian Hoyer tore his ACL). The other thing I'll say is the defense has allowed 48 points in the five fourth quarters he played in, blowing leads twice.

Now, the point of putting a star QB on their team, I sure hope they can manage to pull it off.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Kyle » Nov 06, '13, 3:53 pm

Jets or Ravens, toss up.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby rawisjericho » Nov 06, '13, 4:59 pm

Would like to see Miami make it to the playoffs.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 7

Postby Everlong » Nov 24, '13, 9:12 pm

So right now the Titans are in the driver's seat for the spot, but the Steelers, Ravens and Chargers are all lurking as well. The Chargers have four home games left with hot QB, and both the Steelers and Ravens finally seem to MAYBE be finding their swagger (and they play each other on Thursday night!).

Anybody wanna reassess their pick?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 24, '13, 9:20 pm

Fuck It. Lets Go Buffalo!!!!

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Nov 25, '13, 6:50 am

Im going to stick with San Diego as my pick. Although, Baltimore and Tennessee are good shots as well.

World Champion
World Champion

Return to NFL