It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 9:09 pm

NFL network report reveals dysfunction in Cowboys locker room

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

NFL network report reveals dysfunction in Cowboys locker room

Postby Everlong » Nov 09, '14, 11:52 am

From reddit:

"Rapoport on NFL Network about Cowboys: 20 players missed curfew on Friday night, coaches frustrated that players might not be taking Jacksonville seriously; team is hesitant to pay Dez top money due to several incidents that involved the police at Bryant's house."

More on Dez: apparently an incident involving harassment and another where the fire department had to get a baby out of a locked car. No charges brought against Dez in any incident, though.

Ohhhhh boy. Here comes the collapse!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: NFL network report reveals dysfunction in Cowboys locker room

Postby The Legend » Nov 09, '14, 11:57 am

Most of this seems a little localized to this week though. I really can't blame them too much for enjoying their trip to London and it is hard to take the Jaguars seriously. As for Dez, who knows. It's not like he has a clean reputation.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Nov 09, '14, 1:29 pm

So much for that

6 receptions, 158 yards, 2 TDs in first half

Dez Bryant is a fucking machine. If I'm a team, he can definitely take my money.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Nov 09, '14, 1:33 pm

Messiah wrote:So much for that

6 receptions, 158 yards, 2 TDs in first half

Dez Bryant is a fucking machine. If I'm a team, he can definitely take my money.

In fairness the Dez information had nothing to do with how he would perform today. It's more about how long before he's locked up in prison, suspended or both and therefore unavailable to the team. If dude gets himself in trouble how much talent he has becomes totally irrelevant.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » Nov 09, '14, 1:39 pm

The "so much for that" was moreso to the dysfunction thing. I think the Cowboys will be fine and are showing today they are still a great team doing what great teams are supposed to do and that is easily put away with much inferior teams. Being tardy isn't acceptable but keep in mind they are in London, time differences and all.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Nov 09, '14, 1:44 pm

Messiah wrote:The "so much for that" was moreso to the dysfunction thing. I think the Cowboys will be fine and are showing today they are still a great team doing what great teams are supposed to do and that is easily put away with much inferior teams. Being tardy isn't acceptable but keep in mind they are in London, time differences and all.

That I agree, except the time difference being why they are late. They are just distracted. I said it'd be easy to lose focus this week being in London and playing the Jaguars. Telling time isn't the issue though - hell pretty much every cell phone these days automatically changes as you go from one zone to the next.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby BSM » Nov 09, '14, 5:29 pm

After looking around online, its starting to look like this reporter is just trying to stir up some drama. There doesn't seem to be any angry coaches or players, or any other issues with the team for that matter. These tweets come from Mike Fisher, who is London to cover the Cowboys this week.

As for the police incidents, the six police visits occurred over a 4 year span. They also appear to be trying to make Dez Bryant look like a bad person, but I'm not exactly sure what he did wrong.

I'm sure he was the one who called the police after the robbery, because I feel sure he didn't rob his own house.

It's also certainly possible he was the one who was being harassed, once again leading him to calling the police.

As for the baby, either it wasn't his kid and somebody visiting his house and somebody else accidentally locked the kid inside their car, or it happened several years ago as Bryant's youngest kid is now 4 years old. Either way, it seems to me calling for someone to come and help get the door open seems to be the responsible thing to do, especially if there is a baby locked inside and you can't find something to break the window yourself.

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby The Legend » Nov 09, '14, 5:33 pm

^^^ For what it's worth I never find any credability in an initial denial of something that comes right after bad news comes out on someone or a group. To me screams CYA.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby BSM » Nov 09, '14, 7:32 pm

The Legend wrote:^^^ For what it's worth I never find any credability in an initial denial of something that comes right after bad news comes out on someone or a group. To me screams CYA.

I would have agreed if he had just reported about the curfew thing. However, the fact he brought up past incidents with Bryant, coupled with the fact that the only person reporting the missed curfew is Rapoport, makes it look like he was just trying to stir up some drama in case the Cowboys lost to Jacksonville today.

So either the team got together and everybody agreed to deny the curfew issue every time they were asked, or Rapoport heard some players were late one night and added in some speculation.

Also remember, this wouldn't be the first time Rapoprt has started an unsubstantiated rumor. He also reported Ben Roethlisberger was going to demand a trade after last season. All the reports about it have said Roethlisberger hopes to retire as a Steeler.

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby Ali » Nov 09, '14, 8:05 pm

Mike Fisher is my go-to for Cowboys/Mavs news. He is probably the best sports reporter in Dallas.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Return to NFL