It is currently: May 09, '24, 2:45 am

When will the Cowboys collapse?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

When will the Cowboys collapse?

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Oct 21, '14, 5:40 pm

Looks like the Cowboys have started out strong and looked good but we've seen this story play out a couple of times. Eventually their defense is going to get exposed for how bad it really is and turnover Romo will show up eventually for the Cowboys, what week do you see them falling or do you see them losing in the playoffs in Cowboys fashion?

Despite being called the "best team in the NFL", I honestly think there's so many teams better than the Cowboys and those teams will get further in the playoffs.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Re: When will the Cowboys collapse?

Postby Chewy » Oct 21, '14, 6:45 pm

Tuesday week, about tea time.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Postby GNR » Oct 21, '14, 6:48 pm

NEVER

Seriously though, this year's team looks so different than all the bad teams I've grown up watching. The O-Line is freaking legit. Demarco Murray is a straight up animal. The running game is firing on all cylinders. The passing game is too good for opposing defences to overcommit to the run. The defense which supposedly got worse from last year has played great up to this point. If they keep up this level of play, all homerism aside, I seriously can't envision a scenario where they collapse.

On the other hand, I am a Dallas Cowboys fan and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't prepared for yet another heartbreak

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby Everlong » Oct 21, '14, 10:06 pm

This team is actually built to last. They're going to make the playoffs this year, I'd be willing to bet on that. Whether they win the NFC East or not is really the only real question.

Also, it's not really hard to make the case for them being the best team in the league at this very moment, given the way they're playing on both sides of the ball. It's basically Denver, Dallas and everyone else right now.

That doesn't mean that the Cowboys are going to be the best team at the end of the year. But after 7 weeks, they've put together an outstanding resume and are playing some really great football. Gotta feel as though they're the best team in the NFC to this point.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby CubsIn5 » Oct 21, '14, 11:05 pm

December 4th, TNF, at Soldier Field.

CubsIn5 None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 14

Postby The Legend » Oct 22, '14, 4:43 am

I don't see the Cowboys "collapsing" unless DeMarco Murray or Tony Romo gets injured. That would send their season into a tailspin.

Now, that's not to say that I think they are necessarily winning the Super Bowl or even getting there, but the Cowboys are going to put forward a very respectable season this year.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Philip Rivers » Oct 23, '14, 3:26 pm

Dallas Cowboys appear to be a clear cut playoff team, wildcard or possible divisional winners. I don't think they're going to fall apart, they must be the most balanced offensive team in the NFL that's a threat.

Pretty nice this season.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 100

Return to NFL