It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 10:27 pm

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!

Postby Romo » Oct 19, '14, 5:31 pm

6-1 BOY!!

From being the worst team in the NFL last season to being arguably the best this season!

Offensive line being dope as fuck, Demarco Murray running past everyone, Romo being god like, defense playing well... Whilst I don't think we could go all the way and win the superbowl.. this is arguably our best chance of doing so in many many years!

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 225

Re: HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!

Postby UTK » Oct 19, '14, 10:50 pm

I don't like it.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Oct 19, '14, 10:56 pm

In what world were the Cowboys the worst team in the NFL last season?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Ali » Oct 19, '14, 11:30 pm

Everlong wrote:In what world were the Cowboys the worst team in the NFL last season?

Let me show you this handy chart to explain Cowboys fans.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Postby The Legend » Oct 20, '14, 6:35 am

Can I just say that I love the addition of flowcharts to our site.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Oct 20, '14, 7:33 am

Its a hot start, but every cowboy fan should wait to see when that defense falls off. The defense is massively protected by the running game controlling the ball. Indy and Dallas are top 2 in T.O.P. Both teams were expected to have sub-par defenses, but are protected by their offenses controlling the clock.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby BSM » Oct 20, '14, 12:25 pm

DBSoT wrote:Its a hot start, but every cowboy fan should wait to see when that defense falls off. The defense is massively protected by the running game controlling the ball. Indy and Dallas are top 2 in T.O.P. Both teams were expected to have sub-par defenses, but are protected by their offenses controlling the clock.

But that's just good strategy. The other offenses can't score if they're not on the field, no matter how good they are. Plus, it's not like they're playing some unsustainable style of football. Give it to Murray and let him run behind one of the best offensive lines in the league and control the clock.

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Postby Everlong » Oct 20, '14, 12:54 pm

BSM wrote:
DBSoT wrote:Its a hot start, but every cowboy fan should wait to see when that defense falls off. The defense is massively protected by the running game controlling the ball. Indy and Dallas are top 2 in T.O.P. Both teams were expected to have sub-par defenses, but are protected by their offenses controlling the clock.

But that's just good strategy. The other offenses can't score if they're not on the field, no matter how good they are. Plus, it's not like they're playing some unsustainable style of football. Give it to Murray and let him run behind one of the best offensive lines in the league and control the clock.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this--it's not as though the Cowboys are getting lucky or anything. They're just executing really, really well up front. When you're running that well, it's going to force teams to stack the box... but then they've got a solid passing game to go up top, which means teams have to risk man coverage on a guy like Dez Bryant or letting linebackers try to cover Jason Witten.

The Cowboys have finally figured out the importance of offensive balance, and a big reason for that is the offensive line they've assembled. There's always the chance that they'll collapse because, let's face it, it's the Cowboys and that's what they do. But I see those chances as being much smaller this year than ever before because they're playing a championship brand of football.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby GNR » Oct 20, '14, 1:27 pm

It's literally the talk of the DFW area, and it's so awesome. I haven't seen people so giddy about the Cowboys in my entire life, we've been mediocre pretty much all of my existence except for the 13-3 season, and to see everyone finally not being pessimistic about our team for once is just so refreshing and so nice to see. This O-Line of our's is absolute money and with the way they've been playing I think we have a very good chance of getting far in the playoffs.

Of course there's always a chance we could completely collapse in spectacular Cowboys fashion, but I'm really hoping that's not the case. I want us to win a Super Bowl so badly, I'm so ready for people to finally shut up about freaking Tony Romo. :lol

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby Kyle » Oct 20, '14, 2:52 pm

They are running the ball, which is easily the biggest difference. Romo doesn't have to throw the ball 50 times this year.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby DBSoT » Oct 20, '14, 3:04 pm

Everlong wrote:
BSM wrote:

Yeah, I definitely agree with this--it's not as though the Cowboys are getting lucky or anything. They're just executing really, really well up front. When you're running that well, it's going to force teams to stack the box... but then they've got a solid passing game to go up top, which means teams have to risk man coverage on a guy like Dez Bryant or letting linebackers try to cover Jason Witten.

The Cowboys have finally figured out the importance of offensive balance, and a big reason for that is the offensive line they've assembled. There's always the chance that they'll collapse because, let's face it, it's the Cowboys and that's what they do. But I see those chances as being much smaller this year than ever before because they're playing a championship brand of football.
Its not so much a criticism as it is something worth noting. They have found the proper balance and it can continue to work, but in the case that they play a team that shuts down their run game, will they be able to recover. Now most if not all teams would likely lose if you shut down their #1 offensive weapon, but some teams have the defense to keeps games close when the offense is not on point. I am not sure yet that Dallas has the defense to stay in a game like that. Maybe they do and they were underrated all along or maybe they won't get in that situation, but it is worth noting. The game against Seattle was a big test and they passed so they are headed in the right direction.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby BSM » Oct 20, '14, 3:40 pm

Its not so much a criticism as it is something worth noting. They have found the proper balance and it can continue to work, but in the case that they play a team that shuts down their run game, will they be able to recover. Now most if not all teams would likely lose if you shut down their #1 offensive weapon, but some teams have the defense to keeps games close when the offense is not on point. I am not sure yet that Dallas has the defense to stay in a game like that. Maybe they do and they were underrated all along or maybe they won't get in that situation, but it is worth noting. The game against Seattle was a big test and they passed so they are headed in the right direction.

Shutting down their run game is something that is easier said than done. They've already shown they can run the ball against some of the better defenses in Seattle and San Francisco and they have shown success running against any defensive formation. Everybody knows by now they are going to constantly run the ball, and so far, no one has been able to stop it.

And as @Everlong mentioned above, if the opposing defense sells out to stop the run, that leaves favorable matchups for Romo and his receivers on the outside.

BSM Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 3

Return to NFL