It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 6:37 am

Golden Tate is a douchebag

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Golden Tate is a douchebag

Postby Everlong » Oct 29, '13, 10:40 am

Seriously, what a piece of shit. Right up there with Desean Jackson. I'm ok with a little bit of celebration, but what the fuck? You score one TD against a team that you were SUPPOSED to smash and you show the guy up like that?

Act like you've been there before.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Golden Tate is a douchebag

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Oct 29, '13, 11:12 am

In his defense, Janoris Jenkins is the most classless player in the NFL. I just assumed he did that because he was pissed off. I know he wasn't taunting Jenkins but he was guarding him all game.

I think when Jenkins was matched up with Steve Smith, he brought up Steve Smith's family and his past to piss him off.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 155

Postby Everlong » Oct 29, '13, 11:20 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:In his defense, Janoris Jenkins is the most classless player in the NFL. I just assumed he did that because he was pissed off. I know he wasn't taunting Jenkins but he was guarding him all game.

I think when Jenkins was matched up with Steve Smith, he brought up Steve Smith's family and his past to piss him off.

So what? Steve Smith is a Panther.

It's not as though Golden Tate has some long history of being a classy player, he's been a known douchebag since his Notre Dame days.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Oct 29, '13, 11:38 am

reyflyinfury619 wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:In his defense, Janoris Jenkins is the most classless player in the NFL. I just assumed he did that because he was pissed off. I know he wasn't taunting Jenkins but he was guarding him all game.

So what? Steve Smith is a Panther.

It's not as though Golden Tate has some long history of being a classy player, he's been a known douchebag since his Notre Dame days.

I think the point was Janoris Jenkins brought it on himself by being an asshat. If you are going to talk junk then you have to deal with the fact that when you get beat somebody's going to give it right back to you. It was excessive, but I don't really think it was a huge deal.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby HFX » Oct 29, '13, 12:15 pm

You gotta settle down Timothy. Ya Tate is a bit of an immature douche but to call him a piece of shit is way to far. He needs to grow up but c'mon it ain't like he's out there killing people or assaulting anyone. I just think piece of shit is a bit of an excessive label for a kid.

It was a great play regardless though. I thought it was getting picked off and jumped off my couch with excitement.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby SKS » Oct 29, '13, 1:42 pm

He's a douchebag and I think the hate is warranted, but if you don't want a guy taunting you, then cover him better. I feel like it's fair game. It would be nice if he showed more class though.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Kyle » Oct 29, '13, 1:46 pm

It was an immature play and it could have cost them against a better team - giving up field position on the kick return.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby War Daddy » Oct 29, '13, 5:45 pm

I blame the Rams for throwing it on the 1 yard line.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 30, '13, 7:59 pm

Reminds me of Terrell Owens celebrating on the Dallas star. At least he got his the second time he did that.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 7

Postby Locke » Oct 30, '13, 11:44 pm

I'd taunt like that too after that catch! I've never been there before, though. :P

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Return to NFL