It is currently: May 06, '24, 10:50 am

Lucky #20?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Lucky #20?

Postby The Legend » Oct 23, '13, 10:54 am

Rob Chudzinski announced today that Jason Campbell would start for the Browns against Kansas City on Sunday. Most likely, he'll remain the starter for the rest of the season, because I can't see Cleveland going back to Brandon Weeden after this decision. It's been said for a week and a half locally that Campbell can't be any worse than Weeden and I guess we'll find out soon enough. Although I doubt that this move will drastically improve results.

What is remarkable is the fact that he's the Browns 20th starter since 1999. That's 20 starting quarterbacks in less than 15 seasons since returning to the league in 1999. Or in other words, Cleveland has cvhanged their quarterback an average of at half time of every 12th game. That's just plain sad.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Lucky #20?

Postby Everlong » Oct 23, '13, 11:10 am

Yeah there's no way Weeden sees more playing time this year unless Campbell gets hurt too.

My best guess is Browns cut Weeden, draft a QB and plan to start Hoyer at the beginning of next season while they groom their new QB. Campbell may stay or go somewhere else, depending on how he plays and what the Browns think they have in Hoyer.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 23, '13, 11:29 am

reyflyinfury619 wrote:Yeah there's no way Weeden sees more playing time this year unless Campbell gets hurt too.

My best guess is Browns cut Weeden, draft a QB and plan to start Hoyer at the beginning of next season while they groom their new QB. Campbell may stay or go somewhere else, depending on how he plays and what the Browns think they have in Hoyer.

Yeah I have to agree the short lived Brand Weeden era is over. He was never gonna be the saving grace they needed anyway.

Also with all the injured QBs I'll give someone Matt Flynn for a fifth.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby The Legend » Oct 23, '13, 11:55 am

reyflyinfury619 wrote:Yeah there's no way Weeden sees more playing time this year unless Campbell gets hurt too.

Yeah, Weeden's time in Cleveland is done. My guess is they'll hope to trade him for a mid-late round pick like they did with McCoy last offseason - then cut him if that doesn't work. Hoyer, assuming he's recovered from the ACL injury, will probably break camp as the starter. Then a first or second round QB (depending on how the draft order and then draft breaks down) will most likely be the "quarterback of the future" at some point. Jason Campbell has a two year deal and may ride out next year as the backup/third string guy behind Hoyer and maybe behind the rookie at some point.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Return to NFL