It is currently: Apr 16, '24, 4:58 pm

Colin Kaepernick, 2 other players, named in Miami Police report (Sexual Assault)

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Re: Colin Kaepernick, 2 other players, named in Miami Police report (Sexual Assault)

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 11, '14, 12:40 pm

Hanley! wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:I never said people with money and fame won't do this thing but considering the lack of evidence, considering that the police department said there's no reason to investigate, and considering the fact that Kaepernick is due for a big payday after this year, there's just no evidence for me to believe the victim.

Umm ... yeah, you did. That's exactly what you said. Your exact words were:

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:No way would Kaep with all that money and fame do this tbh

You can't just claim you didn't say something when all we have to do to prove you wrong is scroll up a little. :lol Infuriatingly you also seem to be reasserting the opinion that his financial worth has some kind of relation to whether or not he might be guilty of a crime later on in the SAME SENTENCE.

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:and considering the fact that Kaepernick is due for a big payday after this year ...

I just don't know. How do you have a conversation with someone who can contradict himself in a single sentence with such effortless grace?

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:there's just no evidence for me to believe the victim.

Apparently the victim hasn't accused him, she's just making an inquiry because she's freaked out.

So WHEN I MENTION Kaepernick SPECIFICALLY, he represents everyone? :lol

Clearly people like Darren Sharper whose victims have clear evidence and accused by multiple victims is guilty.

Holy shit, why do I even bother to respond to someone who continues to bash me by being a pessimistic asshole with such effortless grace?

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 155

Re: Colin Kaepernick, 2 other players, named in Miami Police report (Sexual Assault)

Postby Hanley! » Apr 11, '14, 12:42 pm

:banghead

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 11, '14, 12:43 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:
Hanley! wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:I never said people with money and fame won't do this thing but considering the lack of evidence, considering that the police department said there's no reason to investigate, and considering the fact that Kaepernick is due for a big payday after this year, there's just no evidence for me to believe the victim.

Umm ... yeah, you did. That's exactly what you said. Your exact words were:

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:No way would Kaep with all that money and fame do this tbh

You can't just claim you didn't say something when all we have to do to prove you wrong is scroll up a little. :lol Infuriatingly you also seem to be reasserting the opinion that his financial worth has some kind of relation to whether or not he might be guilty of a crime later on in the SAME SENTENCE.

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:and considering the fact that Kaepernick is due for a big payday after this year ...

I just don't know. How do you have a conversation with someone who can contradict himself in a single sentence with such effortless grace?

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:there's just no evidence for me to believe the victim.

Apparently the victim hasn't accused him, she's just making an inquiry because she's freaked out.

Clearly people like Darren Sharper whose victims have clear evidence and accused by multiple victims is guilty.

Holy shit, why do I even bother to respond to someone who continues to bash me by being a pessimistic asshole with such effortless grace?

Just let it go man. The point is the media took another non incident and blew it way out of proportion and we are feeding into it. At this point it seems like nothing happened and we would all be better off dropping it before this gets worse.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby xgamr » Apr 11, '14, 12:46 pm

maybe it was my fault saying no charges or evidence of crime was committed but that was later on in the day with different article. but with the first post it was too early to tell

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topic Author
Topics: 21

Postby Everlong » Apr 11, '14, 12:56 pm

I think you're missing the point.

This goes beyond Kaepernick. You made a generalization about an athlete based on his money and fame. This same generalization could be applied to any other athlete in Kaepernick's situation. This same generalization is patently false.

It doesn't have anything to do with Kaepernick specifically; the whole premise of saying "_____ (insert literally any player) wouldn't do this because of money and fame" is a complete fallacy.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Previous

Return to NFL