It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:06 pm

Third Tampa Bay Buc player diagnosed with MRSA infection.

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Third Tampa Bay Buc player diagnosed with MRSA infection.

Postby rawisjericho » Oct 12, '13, 7:07 pm

Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie cornerback Johnthan Banks became the third member of the team diagnosed with a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection. MRSA is a type of staph infection that's become resistant to the antibiotics commonly used to treat ordinary staph infections. It was suggested Friday that the NFL might consider postponing the Buccaneers' home game against the Eagles, or the union advise the players not to play.

As of Saturday morning, there weren't any indications that the game would be postponed, even though Buccaneers offensive guard Carl Nicks had a recurrence and Banks was diagnosed with it this week as well. Kicker Lawrence Tynes also got the infection this summer. Seems like the only thing the Bucs are catching this season. I'm an Eagles fan, so that's why this article got my attention. I've had two staph infections this year that could of turned into MRSA if they weren't treated properly, and let me tell you it's no joke. I had to get them lanced, and the anesthetic hardly does anything for the pain, the deeper it is the more you feel the scalpel cutting. It is highly contagious and is spread through open cuts, way to easy to come in contact with in the locker room and on the field. I never thought the zombie apocalypse would start in the NFL.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 7

Return to NFL