It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 3:53 am

Adrian Peterson's two year old son brutally beaten

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Re: Adrian Peterson's two year old son brutally beaten

Postby SKS » Oct 11, '13, 7:23 pm

I was getting blood work done today and had a convo with a father whose nine year old daughter had brain problems since she was a few months old. It's bad enough that young kids are hurt from disease, and then you have a human shit stain like this attacking a 2 year old, causing his death. Fucking scum.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 266

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '13, 7:24 pm

It's fucking disgusting how many websites I've seen now that have a picture of Peterson with a headline along the lines of "Peterson's 2 year old son beaten to death", insinuating that it was Peterson that did it just for some more hits.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Kyle » Oct 11, '13, 7:27 pm

If AP is playing on Sunday, then that would be incredible. I couldn't. What he must be going through, no person should have to go through.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 11, '13, 7:46 pm

Kyle wrote:If AP is playing on Sunday, then that would be incredible. I couldn't. What he must be going through, no person should have to go through.

I can't even imagine. As a father I don't want to even imagine what he is going through. Not a man amongst us could ever judge him for not playing another snap yet alone for missing sunday's game.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Locke » Oct 11, '13, 10:31 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:
Kyle wrote:If AP is playing on Sunday, then that would be incredible. I couldn't. What he must be going through, no person should have to go through.

I can't even imagine. As a father I don't want to even imagine what he is going through. Not a man amongst us could ever judge him for not playing another snap yet alone for missing Sunday's game.

TBH if he plays Sunday, I'm assuming he doesn't care. Knocked a woman up and left her. NO FATHER could just.. go on. Not that fast.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Kyle » Oct 11, '13, 10:59 pm

Of course he cares. But in a time like this maybe channeling his emotions into the game he loves will help him deal with it.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Locke » Oct 11, '13, 11:07 pm

Kyle wrote:Of course he cares. But in a time like this maybe channeling his emotions into the game he loves will help him deal with it.

Bull fucking shit. If you aren't a father, I don't even have to explain. If you are, you're delusional.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Kyle » Oct 11, '13, 11:38 pm

And that he left the mother really isn't the problem as far as I'm concerned, it's that she was with an abusive man who would attack a mere child.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Oct 12, '13, 9:15 am

Fucking disgusting story. So incredibly depressing, I can't even begin to describe it. I'm not a father myself, so I can't even begin to imagine how he feels, but wow. No father should have to bury his son.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby SKS » Oct 12, '13, 9:44 am

I'm reading that this was the first time he had met his son. It honestly doesn't surprise me that this happened, the baby mama was probably some trashy slut trying to get money from AP, going from the people she hung out with. AP not meeting the child until going to the hospital leads me to believe that it wasn't a good situation with the woman, and that AP wanted nothing to do with her. The man that beat the child has also beaten another child before, yet the mother left her own son alone with him. It is obviously a tragedy but the saddest part is that this could have been avoided. Pure stupidity and pure scum.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Everlong » Oct 12, '13, 4:53 pm

Sources are saying that Peterson is expected to play on Sunday, FWIW.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Oct 12, '13, 5:04 pm

Jesus Christ. That's all I can say.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Locke » Oct 12, '13, 5:14 pm

He just can't give a shit if he's playing.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby motionmann » Oct 12, '13, 5:16 pm

SKS wrote:I'm reading that this was the first time he had met his son. It honestly doesn't surprise me that this happened, the baby mama was probably some trashy slut trying to get money from AP, going from the people she hung out with. AP not meeting the child until going to the hospital leads me to believe that it wasn't a good situation with the woman, and that AP wanted nothing to do with her. The man that beat the child has also beaten another child before, yet the mother left her own son alone with him. It is obviously a tragedy but the saddest part is that this could have been avoided. Pure stupidity and pure scum.

Wait what? This definitely wasn't the first time AP met his son.

This is Adrian and his son a couple months ago at training camp: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jo1Ymqej3ow/U ... ld+son.jpg

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby motionmann » Oct 12, '13, 5:19 pm

Locke wrote:He just can't give a shit if he's playing.

Why do you say that? There's been countless players over the years who've played after losing a loved one before. Brett Favre played a Monday Night game the day after his father died and played one of the best games of his career. It's a common thing. If anything, it's probably a release for a couple hours from the emotional pain. Saying Adrian doesn't care is low.

motionmann None specified
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby Locke » Oct 12, '13, 5:30 pm

I can't equate losing a 60-70-80 year old father with losing a 2-3 year old son. I can't digest or understand how anyone could play a stupid football game so soon after something like this which would quite literally kill me. But hey, I have a 2 year old son, what the fuck do I know?

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Everlong » Oct 12, '13, 5:34 pm

motionmann wrote:
SKS wrote:I'm reading that this was the first time he had met his son. It honestly doesn't surprise me that this happened, the baby mama was probably some trashy slut trying to get money from AP, going from the people she hung out with. AP not meeting the child until going to the hospital leads me to believe that it wasn't a good situation with the woman, and that AP wanted nothing to do with her. The man that beat the child has also beaten another child before, yet the mother left her own son alone with him. It is obviously a tragedy but the saddest part is that this could have been avoided. Pure stupidity and pure scum.

Wait what? This definitely wasn't the first time AP met his son.

This is Adrian and his son a couple months ago at training camp: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jo1Ymqej3ow/U ... ld+son.jpg

Different son. The son in the picture is Adrian Peterson, Jr.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby GNR » Oct 12, '13, 5:34 pm

Locke wrote:I can't equate losing a 60-70-80 year old father with losing a 2-3 year old son. I can't digest or understand how anyone could play a stupid football game so soon after something like this which would quite literally kill me. But hey, I have a 2 year old son, what the fuck do I know?

Here's a series of tweets from Torrey Smith, who had to deal with losing his brother, maybe these'll help you understand?

https://twitter.com/TorreySmithWR/statu ... 8919434240

https://twitter.com/TorreySmithWR/statu ... 8942646272

https://twitter.com/TorreySmithWR/statu ... 3673752577

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby Everlong » Oct 12, '13, 5:35 pm

Locke wrote:I can't equate losing a 60-70-80 year old father with losing a 2-3 year old son. I can't digest or understand how anyone could play a stupid football game so soon after something like this which would quite literally kill me. But hey, I have a 2 year old son, what the fuck do I know?

Well, as I've been reading more about this it would seem it's a bit of a unique situation as Peterson was only recently made aware that the son is actually his, and he'd never met him until very recently. He hadn't been a part of the kid's life at all.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Locke » Oct 12, '13, 5:42 pm

reyflyinfury619 wrote:

Well, as I've been reading more about this it would seem it's a bit of a unique situation as Peterson was only recently made aware that the son is actually his, and he'd never met him until very recently. He hadn't been a part of the kid's life at all.

That makes it easier for me to understand. The rage I'd feel if this were to happen to my son.. no one would be left alive. Cities would be missing from the map. Super Saiyans would be pissing themselves. :lol

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

PreviousNext

Return to NFL