It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 5:35 am

What NFL team with a losing record do you think can make it?

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

What NFL team with a losing record do you think can make it?

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 08, '13, 12:48 pm

As of right now, Bills Cowboys Texans Raiders Eagles Chargers Rams all sit at 2-3. The Panthers, Vikings, Redskins, and Falcons are 1-3 (Atl is 1-4) and the Jaguars, Giants, Steelers, and Buccaneers have yet to find a win. Do you think any of these teams still have a shot at the playoffs? Can any of them even finish with a winning season?

I think the Cowboys WILL make the playoffs, and the Chargers may sneak in with the Wild Card since as of now Indy is dominating the South and Houston is collapsing.

I think any chance of the Bills making 8-8 went away with EJ's injury but I'll cross my fingers. Of the 1 win teams, The Falcons are the only team I can see making 8-8 but even that looks pretty bad right now. That means they can only afford 4 more losses. The Eagles might make .500 but they nees some work.

I think the Jags will finish with the worst record this year followed by The Buccs than the Steelers and Giants.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Re: What NFL team with a losing record do you think can make

Postby The Legend » Oct 08, '13, 1:37 pm

Obviously leading the division the Cowboys and Eagles have the best chance (and one of the below .500 teams out of the NFC East will make the playoffs due to the joint ineptitude). If I had to pick a team in the AFC it would be the Texans. They still get to face the Jaguars twice and the Titans without Locker could struggle.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby JDD » Oct 08, '13, 2:28 pm

I think the Cowboys and Chargers both make it. I would love to see my Giant make a comeback but i really doubt thats happening haha. Everyone else is basically done i think.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Everlong » Oct 08, '13, 4:14 pm

Tough to say. I've definitely got the Cowboys making it, but only because someone from that division has to make it. I'd say the Bills are a possibility, but that division is going to be beating itself up all year long.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby HFX » Oct 08, '13, 7:28 pm

I think the only hope the Cowboys have is if they win the division. I think they've looked like a better team than the Eagles so far so it'll be interesting to see who makes it from the East. Seattle, San Francisco, New Orleans and Green Bay should almost all be locks even if there's still a lot of games left to play. That leaves room for the NFC East champ and a Wild Card team that will most likely be Detroit or Chicago.

In the AFC I doubt the Chargers make it. Simply because they are locked in a fight with Denver and Kansas City who both look like post season locks. One of those two teams will have a wild card spot leaving only one more spot. I think Houston has a better shot at making it. The team is filled with talent on both sides of the ball and the only suspect position is QB. Granted that's a terrible position to not be certain at but still. If Schaub or Yates can get it together to even be just game managers and not throw games away then they'll be dangerous. I like to imagine what would happen if this Houston team had Philip Rivers taking snaps. Such a sexy scary thought.

Let's not forget the Browns, Ravens and Bengals seem locked in some weird battle for the AFC North while the Dolphins and Jets are nipping at the Patriots heels in the AFC East. The Chargers and Texans have to compete with a combination of those teams for the Wild Card so they really need to pull it together quickly.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 08, '13, 7:32 pm

HFX wrote:I think the only hope the Cowboys have is if they win the division. I think they've looked like a better team than the Eagles so far so it'll be interesting to see who makes it from the East. Seattle, San Francisco, New Orleans and Green Bay should almost all be locks even if there's still a lot of games left to play. That leaves room for the NFC East champ and a Wild Card team that will most likely be Detroit or Chicago.

In the AFC I doubt the Chargers make it. Simply because they are locked in a fight with Denver and Kansas City who both look like post season locks. One of those two teams will have a wild card spot leaving only one more spot. I think Houston has a better shot at making it. The team is filled with talent on both sides of the ball and the only suspect position is QB. Granted that's a terrible position to not be certain at but still. If Schaub or Yates can get it together to even be just game managers and not throw games away then they'll be dangerous. I like to imagine what would happen if this Houston team had Philip Rivers taking snaps. Such a sexy scary thought.

Let's not forget the Browns, Ravens and Bengals seem locked in some weird battle for the AFC North while the Dolphins and Jets are nipping at the Patriots heels in the AFC East. The Chargers and Texans have to compete with a combination of those teams for the Wild Card so they really need to pull it together quickly.

The only way I see the Chargers making it, is if the Texans continue on their current path.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Postby HFX » Oct 08, '13, 7:37 pm

If the Chargers make it then that's THREE teams from the AFC East. I just can't picture that happening no matter how hard I try :lol:

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby MotorCitySaint » Oct 08, '13, 8:07 pm

I would also say Dallas due to their crappy division and the talent that they have on offense. If they sneak in the playoffs at 8-8/7-9, I could see them giving the top NFC wild card team fits or even beat them like Seattle did in the 2011 playoffs.

MotorCitySaint Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 3

Postby DBSoT » Oct 08, '13, 9:09 pm

Dallas is a the most likely especially with Vick taking so many shots in Chip Kelly's offense. I can also see Houston sneaking in due to an easy in division schedule. It will be interesting to see which QB (Schaub or Romo) chokes first.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to NFL