It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:09 pm

The sports gods truly are cruel unloving bastards...

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

The sports gods truly are cruel unloving bastards...

Postby The Legend » Jan 05, '21, 6:05 pm

Not sure if anybody anywhere is ever going to see this, but whatever I've got to vent. The sports gods have pushed us all too far. They finally give the greatest fanbase ever the Christmas gift they deserved, a trip to the playoffs, for the first time in 18 years and second in 26 years. Then what do they do, you ask? They give a dozen Browns players COVID-19, then just to rub salt in the wound they give it to the head coach, leaving the team essentially coachless for its biggest game in two decades, against its biggest rival nonetheless.

While most of my anger today is directed at the sports gods, the NFL itself can't get off free and clear of guilt. All along the NFL said that they would not let a team play if an outbreak was ongoing. Browns players test positive hours before the game with the NY Jets and the NFL just throws its hands up and says too bad, play anyway. They then tell them to continue to gather as cases mounted the final week of the regular season and make them play the game against the Steelers. Still without the outbreak under control they insist the playoff game must go on as scheduled.

All the while, the Titans were allowed to have games moved around, the Ravens were allowed to prepare and recover from outbreaks, the Steelers as well. There are other teams, but those are three playoff teams in the AFC that the NFL treated completely differently than they treated the Browns. Screw that crap.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: The sports gods truly are cruel unloving bastards...

Postby Messiah » Jan 10, '21, 7:49 pm

LOL

Congratulations!

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Jan 13, '21, 1:14 pm

Messiah wrote:LOL

Congratulations!

Glad to be proven wrong, certainly. Can't wait for Sunday!

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Jan 17, '21, 8:17 am

I'm cheering for the Browns today!!!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Kreashko » Jan 20, '21, 12:38 pm

I felt the same way when my Eagles finally won a Super Bowl.

Congrats go out to them for sure. (Even though I can't stand the Browns lol)

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to NFL