It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:09 am

Conference Championship Picks and Discussion Thread

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Conference Championship Picks and Discussion Thread

Postby Everlong » Jan 17, '19, 9:20 pm

Two games. Super bowl on the line. Let's go!

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP - New England Patriots (12-5) at Kansas City Chiefs (13-4), KC by 3 - These two teams met earlier this year in Foxboro, and the Patriots barely pulled off a victory. With a trip to the Super Bowl on the line, it almost feels foolish to pick against the Patriots, given all they've accomplished and how automatic they seem to be in this situation. Call me crazy, but it just feels like the Chiefs' year. Their defense showed up big time last week in a must-have game, and Aarowhead gives the Chiefs a massive homefield advantage. This is a city that is not at all used to this type of atmosphere. The Chiefs haven't been to an AFC Championship game in... gosh... as long as any of us have been alive, let alone hosted one. It's going to be nuts. Nobody's slowed down this offense all year, and I don't see the Patriots being the ones to do it. Chiefs 34, Patriots 27

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP - Los Angeles Rams (14-3) at New Orleans Saints (14-3), NO by 3.5 - Call me boring, but I'm taking the home team in this one as well. Both teams can score a lot of points, but the Saints are a bit more seasoned and have a slightly better defense. I'd love to see the Rams take this one as I'm not a big fan of Drew Brees or Sean Payton, but hard to pick against the Saints in the Superdome in an NFC Championship scenario. Saints 30, Rams 26

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Conference Championship Picks and Discussion Thread

Postby The Legend » Jan 18, '19, 1:19 pm

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP - New England Patriots (12-5) at Kansas City Chiefs (13-4), KC by 3 - The Chiefs should be able to give the Patriots a good game and I expect this one to be highly entertaining and exhilarating if you like the offensive side of the ball, but I just find it really hard to not trust the Patriots who are used to being in this spot or to trust Andy Reid and the Chiefs that have their own postseason history. Bill Belichick has now seen Pat Mahomes first hand and I believe he'll have some adjustments ready to confuse to nearly rookie QB just enough. Add in Tom Brady is likely to carve up that poor defense, which one game does not solve all their problems. New England takes this one in a shootout. NE Patriots 41, KC Chiefs 38

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP - Los Angeles Rams (14-3) at New Orleans Saints (14-3), NO by 3.5 - The Saints are probably the most well-rounded team left in the playoffs on both sides of the ball. Offensively, Michael Thomas is unstoppable and Alvin Kamara and that fleet of running backs can work the grounds. Defensively, New Orleans is also tough, made even tougher at home with that crowd in that dome. I'd also throw in a bit of luck/destiny in this one. Last year, the Saints were the victims of a fluky, once in a lifetime play to knock them out of the divisional round of the playoffs. This year, New Orleans won in the divisional round when one of the surest handed receivers in the NFL had a pass go right through his hands and into a defenders. It seemed a fitting karmic retribution. And I think the Saints take that momentum straight into the Super Bowl. NO Saints 27, LA Rams 23

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Jan 22, '19, 10:52 am

well I was wrong on both counts :lol

WHY THE FUCK DO I EVER DOUBT THE PATRIOTS COME ON TIM

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Jan 22, '19, 12:16 pm

Everlong wrote:well I was wrong on both counts :lol

WHY THE FUCK DO I EVER DOUBT THE PATRIOTS COME ON TIM

You should have been right on the Saints. Man did they get jobbed on an epic level. I hope they come back next season with Patriot Deflategate levels of anger and just rip apart the league.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to NFL