It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:00 am

Week 10 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 10 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread

Postby Everlong » Nov 07, '18, 12:07 pm

Don’t have time for writing out all my reasonings for my picks at the moment, so I’ll just give the picks.

Carolina Panthers at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 4: UPSET!! Panthers 24, Steelers 20
Buffalo Bills at New York Jets, NYJ by 7.5: Jets 27, Bills 10
Atlanta Falcons at Cleveland Browns, ATL by 4: Falcons 30, Browns 13
New Orleans Saints at Cincinnati Bengals, NO by 4.5: UPSET!! Bengals 27, Saints 24
Washington at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 2.5: UPSET!! Washington 20, Tampa 17
New England Patriots at Tennessee Titans, NE by 7: Patriots 34, Titans 17
Miami Dolphins at Green Bay Packers, GB by 9: Packers 30, Dolphins 17
Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts, IND by 3: UPSET!! Jaguars 23, Colts 20
Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5: Bears 24, Lions 16
Arizona Cardinals at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 16.5: Chiefs 40, Cardinals 13
Los Angeles Chargers at Oakland Raiders, LAC by 9.5: Chargers 31, Raiders 20
Seattle Seahawks at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 10: Rams 35, Seahawks 14
Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 6: Eagles 23, Cowboys 17
New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers, SF by 3: 49ers 17, Giants 13

BYES: Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Minnesota Vikings

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 10 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread

Postby The Legend » Nov 07, '18, 2:54 pm

Carolina Panthers at Pittsburgh Steelers, PIT by 4: Both the Panthers and Steelers are red hot after modest starts and ride 4-1 streaks over the last five games into Thursday Night. This is possibly Pittsburgh's last game without Le'Veon Bell, which would just make this offense even more potent. Carolina is a really good team, but a short week on the road heavily favors the home team and I'll take the Steelers to take a close game. Pittsburgh Steelers 27, Carolina Panthers 24

Buffalo Bills at New York Jets, NYJ by 7.5: Well these teams were fun while it lasted. The Bills are cooked and maybe the worst team in the league after ending the longest NFL playoff drought last season. Buffalo has played three QB's this year, each of them are worse than what the city got out of Tyrod Taylor a year ago. The Jets at 3-6 probably won't climb into the playoff race, but another win will help boost the morale of Jets nation. NY Jets 20, Buffalo Bills 13

Atlanta Falcons at Cleveland Browns, ATL by 4: The Browns are missing five of their best defensive starters for this one. Word to the fantasy football wise, play as many Atlanta Falcons as you can this weekend. Offensively, things were much improved after the coaching change in Cleveland. Hue Jackson and Todd Haley had gotten to the point where they hated each other so much they were sabotaging each other and by extension Baker Mayfield and the offense.Atlanta Falcons 34, Cleveland Browns 30

New Orleans Saints at Cincinnati Bengals, NO by 4.5: This is a game that could lead to an upset, the Saints coming off the biggest win of the season and all, it looks like a trap game on the road. That being said, Cincy beats bad teams and struggles against good teams, I don't see the upset happening. NO Saints 24, Cincy Bengals 20

Washington at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB by 2.5: How is Tampa favored in this game, even if they are at home? Washington is better in every phase of the game and will have enough to pull off a road upset. UPSET!!! Washington 31, TB Buccaneers 30

New England Patriots at Tennessee Titans, NE by 7: Come on man. NE Patriots 26, Tennessee Titans 20

Miami Dolphins at Green Bay Packers, GB by 9: Packers are struggling mightily and are getting exposed as a roster and coaching staff that has been dragged along by Aaron Rodgers for years. That being said, they are good enough to beat Miami. GB Packers 21, Miami Dolphins 20

Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts, IND by 3: Everything in conventional wisdom should tell you the Jaguars will win this game. Here's the problem, something is going wrong in Jacksonville. I don't think that team is particularly built to handle success well. Their arrogance worked last season as underdogs that nobody believed in, but it's turned into a cockiness that isn't working for the team anymore. Indy Colts 27, Jacksonville Jaguars 24

Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears, CHI by 6.5: I really like what Chicago is building. Mitch Trubisky isn't all the way there yet and has some inconsistencies, but he's developing nicely and that defense will keep the Bears in every game. This important divisional contest should go to the home team. Chicago Bears 35, Detroit Lions 27

Arizona Cardinals at Kansas City Chiefs, KC by 16.5: Another game where you should play as many guys as possible. KC rolls. KC Chiefs 24, Arizona Cardinals 10

Los Angeles Chargers at Oakland Raiders, LAC by 9.5: I've seen a lot of bad football in my years as a Browns fan, Oakland is playing about the worst football I've ever seen though. LA Chargers 38, Oakland Raiders 13

Seattle Seahawks at Los Angeles Rams, LAR by 10: Seattle is impressing me this year because I thought they were ready to fall off a cliff, but they still have no chance of beating the Rams at home. LA Rams 31, Seattle Seahawks 20

Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles, PHI by 6: Boy things are a mess in Dallas. They aren't much better in Philly, but at home the Eagles get the win. Philly Eagles 23, Dallas Cowboys 20

New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers, SF by 3: Why are we subjected to watching this game on Monday night? Seriously, NFL the Giants suck. Until further notice assume the G-Men suck. Stop putting them on national TV. The Giants suck every year! SF Niners 24, NY Giants 17

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Nov 08, '18, 10:47 am

The smart choice is the Steelers because they are a good team playing at home on a short week.

BUT SCREW IT! KEEP POUNDING! PANTHERS 33-29.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Nov 08, '18, 10:32 pm

Lol panthers got owned

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Nov 11, '18, 7:06 pm

Everlong wrote:Lol panthers got owned

thought we was boys but it's all good. panthers got a 2 game lead on the wildcard race right now anyway 8)

Patriots got thumped today too. Just a weird week for the NFL.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Return to NFL