It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 12:18 pm

Week 7 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 7 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby The Legend » Oct 18, '18, 12:51 pm

Hey all, I just realized that Tim was out of town, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, but I'm going to post this week's thread for him.

GAME OF THE WEEK - Cincinnati Bengals (4-2) at Kansas City Chiefs (5-1), KC by 6 - This one could break either way. The Bengals look like they will be legit during the regular season this year. The Chiefs got as close to winning a game as you can get without actually winning it. Patrick Mahomes looks damn near invincible, just hope that the referees are on high alert and keeping the Dirtiest Player in the Game Vontaze Burfict away from Mahomes so we aren't all robbed of his performances by another dirty hit. KC Chiefs 31, Cincy Bengals 28

THURSDAY NIGHT - Denver Broncos (2-4) at Arizona Cardinals (1-5), DEN by 1 - The NFL gets started early on Thursday night with a series of matchups that are all worse than the one before it in a sad game of oneupsmanship when it comes to putting two teams nobody could care less about on the field. Both these teams are terrible, one has to win so give me the Broncos, but barely. Denver Broncos 21, Arizona Cardinals 20

LONDON - Los Angeles Chargers (4-2) vs Tennessee Titans (3-3), LAC by 6.5 - It's always hard to predict these London games. Even more so when the "home" team for this game is an 11 hour, 5500 mile flight away from home. The NFL has done the Chargers no favors during a six week stretch where the team will be away from Los Angeles leading into Thanksgiving. At some point that will likely take a toll, but the Chargers are on a roll right now and should have enough to beat the Titans. LA Chargers 27, Tennessee Titans 23

New England Patriots (4-2) at Chicago Bears (3-2), NE by 3 - It's funny, the talk coming out of last week's classic between New England and Kansas City was, can the Chiefs avoid a let down? I think that's silly, first the Chiefs are at home, second they are still in control of the race despite the loss. The Pats could come out of this one too confident and that Bears defense continues to be frightening. Add in that Mitch Trubisky seems to be making strong gains each week and give me the Bears in the upset of the week. Chicago Bears 21, NE Patriots 20

Cleveland Browns (2-3-1) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-3), TB by 3.5 - This game is simply must win for Cleveland, with a road trip to Pittsburgh and a home game against the Chiefs on the horizon, losing to the Buccaneers could be setting up for a bye week coaching change. Baker Mayfield called last week's game against the Chargers the worst loss of his career, now can he rebound from the adversity as injuries on defense and wide receiver mount around him? UPSET!!! Cleveland Browns 20, TB Buccaneers 17

Detroit Lions (2-3) at Miami Dolphins (4-2), DET by 2.5 - The Dolphins aren't getting much respect for a team that's leading its division. The Lions still aren't a very good team. Give me Miami at home to take back first place in the AFC East. Miami Dolphins 31, Detroit Lions 30

Carolina Panthers (3-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-3), PHI by 4.5 - Huh, this is a hard one to figure out. Neither of these teams are consistent at all. Call it a hunch, but I think Philly will start to right the ship with a second straight win as they try to control the pathetic NFC Least. Philly Eagles 20, Carolina Panthers 16

Buffalo Bills (2-4) at Indianapolis Colts (1-5), IND by 7.5 - Talk about an uninspiring matchup, speaking of which how bad does a team have to be to be a touchdown underdog to the Colts? The Bills are starting veteran backup Derek Anderson, which should up the odds of winning over Josh Allen, but it won't be enough. Indy Colts 31, Buffalo Bills 21

Minnesota Vikings (3-2-1) at New York Jets (3-3), MIN by 3.5 - The Jets are really making strides with Sam Darnold under center and leading the offense that has more balance and productivity. Minnesota is really struggling on defense and are reeling despite still having a potent passing offense. UPSET!!! NY Jets 21, Minnesota Vikings 20

Houston Texans (3-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars (3-3), JAC by 5 - Both of these teams are off to disappointing starts, but a win here and they'd be right back on track in an AFC South that no one is going to run away and hide with the lead. I just have more faith in the Jaguar defense than I do any other unit that will be on the field. Look for a big play on that side of the ball to seal the win. Jacksonville Jaguars 24, Houston Texans 21

New Orleans Saints (4-1) at Baltimore Ravens (4-2), BAL by 2.5 - The elite Saints offense against the elite Ravens defense. This one should be good. The question will become which team will get to set the tone and pace of the game. That's something the Ravens are great at doing in Baltimore. Give me the Ravens. Baltimore Ravens 21, NO Saints 17

Dallas Cowboys (3-3) at Washington (3-2), WAS by 1.5 - These teams both suck. Nothing is compelling about this game. The Cowboys will win, but this one will be as boring as it gets. Dallas Cowboys 14, Washington 12

Los Angeles Rams (6-0) at San Francisco 49ers (1-5), LAR by 9.5 - The Niners aren't going to stop the Rams hot streak. LA Rams 31, SF Niners 20

MONDAY NIGHT - New York Giants (1-5) at Atlanta Falcons (2-4), ATL by 4.5 - And the cap to a sad week of bad teams facing off is here. Neither of these teams can stop any one. Atlanta Falcons 35, NY Giants 33

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Week 7 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Oct 19, '18, 12:02 pm

Thanks for putting this up!! Totally forgot to get this taken care of before I left for California. Will get my picks in later

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby xgamr » Oct 21, '18, 7:29 am

Chiefs
Chargers
Patriots
Bucs
Lions
Panthers
Colts
Vikings
Jaguars
Ravens
Dallas
Rams
Falcons

Last edited by xgamr on Oct 21, '18, 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby Everlong » Oct 21, '18, 9:48 am

Chiefs
Broncos
Chargers
Patriots
Browns
Lions
Panthers
Colts
Vikings
Jaguars
Ravens
Washington
Rams
Falcons

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » Oct 21, '18, 2:19 pm

cam newton 8)

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Oct 21, '18, 4:22 pm

Fucking Browns, one game away from tying the NFL record for overtimes in a season.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Oct 22, '18, 9:26 pm

Giants, Raiders, Cards, Bills

IMO as bad as any bottom 4 teams I've ever seen. I mean oh my. They all look hopeless. Raiders probably won't win another game this season. Bills might because of defense, but probably finish 3-13. Cards LMFAO. Giants LMFAO, but they have Barkley/Odell so that might eventually help them win 1 or 2 more games.

49ers borderline in the conversation.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Oct 23, '18, 7:00 pm

Messiah wrote:Giants, Raiders, Cards, Bills

IMO as bad as any bottom 4 teams I've ever seen. I mean oh my. They all look hopeless. Raiders probably won't win another game this season. Bills might because of defense, but probably finish 3-13. Cards LMFAO. Giants LMFAO, but they have Barkley/Odell so that might eventually help them win 1 or 2 more games.

49ers borderline in the conversation.

And somehow the Bills still won two games!

I'll have picks up tomorrow, just so yall know.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Everlong » Oct 24, '18, 9:22 am

Work is a little crazier than expected today, but I promise I'll have my picks in before I hit the hay tonight.

Also, I'll get all caught up with tallies during the week next week. I haven't been tracking week to week as much just because there's so few people, I figure it'll be easy to get all caught up.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Return to NFL