It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 10:28 am

Joe Thomas retires from the NFL

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Joe Thomas retires from the NFL

Postby The Legend » Mar 14, '18, 12:48 pm

Today is a sad day. Joe Thomas has retired after 11 seasons in the NFL. I'm 34 years old and in my life I've seen two players in Brown and Orange play like Hall of Famers, Ozzie Newsome and Joe Thomas. Joe was a class act every minute in Cleveland and was a true professional that did his job at the highest level regardless of the buffoonery going on around him. Thank You Joe! Canton, Ohio can't wait to welcome you home for good 8/5/23.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Joe Thomas retires from the NFL

Postby The Legend » Mar 15, '18, 9:28 am

The most experienced first round draft choice on the Browns is now Corey Coleman who was taken in 2016 and is heavily rumored to be traded if the Browns add a WR in free agency.

Beyond that, there are only six players who played for the Browns in 2015 (three seasons ago) still on the roster. Starting left guard Joel Bitonio, long snapper Charley Hughlett, running back Duke Johnson, Jr., starting linebacker Christian Kirksey, backup defensive tackle Jamie Meder and oft-injured, backup pass rusher Nate Orchard.

Only two of those players were there in 2014, Joel Bitonio and Christian Kirksey. Technically, Josh Gordon has been on the team since 2012, but he's been suspended so often and missed the entire 2015 and 16 seasons. Bitonio and Kirksey have both played more games than Gordon.

World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Mar 18, '18, 8:53 am

One of the all time greats. It just crushes me that he was never able to get to the playoffs. Greatest Badger to ever play in the NFL.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Mar 19, '18, 7:51 am

Everlong wrote:One of the all time greats. It just crushes me that he was never able to get to the playoffs. Greatest Badger to ever play in the NFL.

@Everlong I feel like you are totally discounting the contributions of Jim Sorgi :P :P

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to NFL