It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 3:35 am

John Dorsey hits the ground running

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

John Dorsey hits the ground running

Postby The Legend » Mar 09, '18, 6:14 pm

Well, the NFL year doesn't start officially for 5 days, but John Dorsey has done more today to inspire confidence in this Browns fan than Sashi Brown did in two years running the team.

It's been reported today that the Browns are trading

-a 3rd round pick for Bills QB Tyrod Taylor (better than rumor of AJ McCarron)
-a fourth round pick this year and 7th rounder next year for Miami WR Jarvis Landry (who is the best receiver in Cleveland outside of Josh Gordon since 1999).
-DeShone Kizer for Packer CB Demarious Randall

:D :cheers :cheers2 :golfclap :O :o :clap :clap :headbang :headbang :timbang

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: John Dorsey hits the ground running

Postby DBSoT » Mar 10, '18, 7:23 am

Draft Chubb at 1. Myles Garrett and Bradley Chubb could be a special pass rush. Then get your QB or Barkley at 4.

Taylor would be a good one year starter till the rookie is ready. This also convinces me that the Browns want Josh Allen. Which I think is a mistake.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Re: John Dorsey hits the ground running

Postby The Legend » Mar 10, '18, 10:58 am

DBSoT wrote:Draft Chubb at 1. Myles Garrett and Bradley Chubb could be a special pass rush. Then get your QB or Barkley at 4.

Taylor would be a good one year starter till the rookie is ready. This also convinces me that the Browns want Josh Allen. Which I think is a mistake.

The Browns already have their pass rush duo in Myles Garrett and Emmanuel Ogbah, the problem last year was Garrett was hurt early and Ogbah broke his foot/ankle late so they only played in like 1.5 games together, but they were special in that stretch. I wouldn't draft Chubb at #1 and would have to think at #4. The Browns haven't used their top draft pick on a QB since '99, so I find any other selection other than a QB unacceptable. Somebody else can have Barkley, I like Guice, Jones or Michel almost as much as him anyhow. After QB at #1, I hope they either trade down to get a pick or two next year from a team looking to get a QB that hasn't been taken and fall back to a spot where they can draft either Denzel Ward, Josh Jackson or Mike McGlinchey. If they stay at #4 the pick should be Fitzpatrick.

Also, not sure how taking Taylor convinces you they want Allen. Taylor's best comp in the draft if they want to pair skillsets is probably Mayfield. I think they are smokescreening everyone though and will simply take Darnold #1. Drafting Josh Allen is a completely unacceptable result that is forbidden.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Return to NFL