It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 9:11 am

SUPER BOWL LII Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

SUPER BOWL LII Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Jan 29, '18, 1:58 pm

THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME

The Super Bowl is here. It's the Patriots vs. some other sacrificial lamb, once again. Let this be yet another monument to the greatness of Brady and Belichick.

Correct picks are 10, correct upsets are 20.

SUPER BOWL LII - New England Patriots (15-3) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (15-3), NE by 4.5 - Lots of things point to the Patriots winning. They include:

-Brady and Belichick
-A chance to win three in four
-White uniforms (teams in white have won 9 of the last 10 Super Bowls, possibly more, Packers being the sole exception)

The Eagles exceeded expectations in getting here without their MVP candidate. As much as I hope there's a good game, I just don't see the Patriots losing.

Patriots 27, Eagles 20

BONUS PICKS (not counted as points)

MVP: Brady
Anthem runtime: 3:03
Brand with most commercials: Budweiser
First to score: Rob Gronkowski
Coin toss: Tails

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: SUPER BOWL LII Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby The Legend » Jan 29, '18, 5:46 pm

Awesome! What are the odds we can get an updated standings prior to the Super Bowl so we know where we each stand.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Jan 30, '18, 3:03 pm

The Legend wrote:Awesome! What are the odds we can get an updated standings prior to the Super Bowl so we know where we each stand.

I'm shooting for Friday. I'll try my hardest to make it happen.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Jan 31, '18, 10:16 am

SUPER BOWL LII - New England Patriots (15-3) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (15-3), NE by 4.5 - Patriots. Disclaimer: This post will be homer based. Fuck Brady and Belichick for making the Lions wait on their new head coach. I have this bad feeling that the Patriots win, Belichick retires, Patricia accepts the Pats head coaching job and the Lions are left with nothing. Wilks, Nagy, Vrabel, and McDaniels are already gone. So the Lions will literally have their 6th best choice (at best). My Lions self-deprecation is strong this week.

MVP: Brady - If somehow this ends up as Kyle Van Noy, I may destroy my television (not really).
Anthem runtime: 3:27
Brand with most commercials: Does NBC count? If not, than Ford
First to score: LaGarret Blount

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Jan 31, '18, 11:10 am

Belichick isn't retiring, he's quitting on the Pats to become the Browns new coach, returning to his roots.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Feb 03, '18, 7:13 pm

SUPER BOWL LII - New England Patriots (15-3) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (15-3), NE by 4.5 - I don't see this as being an easy pick. The Eagles are exactly the type of team that gives New England trouble with their stout defense and successful running attack that can exploit the weaknesses the Patriots do have. If Wentz were healthy I'd actually have a pretty easy time picking Philly, but he's not and two factors work in New England's favor, first is Brady and second is no one on the Eagle defense can guard Gronk, who has been cleared to play. I think it's a good game, but the Pats in the fourth quarter will make the plays necessary to win. NE Patriots 27, Philly Eagles 23

MVP: Brady
Anthem runtime: 2:48
Brand with most commercials: Pepsi
First to score: Jay Ajayi
Coin toss: Tails[/quote]

World Champion
World Champion

Postby JDD » Feb 04, '18, 8:17 am

Pats 28 Eagles 17

MVP - Brady
Anthem Runtime 2:57
Brand with most commercials - Pepsi
First to Score - Brandin Cooks
Coin Toss - Tails

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 04, '18, 8:35 am

SUPER BOWL LII - New England Patriots (15-3) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (15-3), NE by 4.5 - NEW ENGLAND

MVP: Tom Brady
Anthem runtime: 3:17
Brand with most commercials: Doritos
First to score: Brandin Cooks

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to NFL