It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 12:22 am

Divisional Playoff Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Divisional Playoff Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Jan 11, '18, 10:45 am

http://i.imgur.com/2UWXbgw.png[/img]

Well, I still have a lot of catching up to do with scoring, but I plan to get that done in the couple weeks between the conference championships and the Super Bowl.

In the meanwhile, here are these picks!

GAME OF THE WEEK - Sunday at 4:40 EST - New Orleans Saints (12-5) at Minnesota Vikings (13-3), MIN by 4.5 - Vikings fans have to be slobbering over this one -- a chance to knock out the Saints, who gave them a crushing playoff defeat after the 2009 season. That being said, the Vikings know how to choke in the playoffs better than any NFL franchise ever. They're destined to get knocked on their asses sooner or later, and the Saints have the balance on both sides of the ball to be the team to do it. UPSET! - Saints 27, VIkings 24

Atlanta Falcons (11-6) at Philadelphia Eagles (13-3), Saturday at 4:35 EST - ATL by 3 - Without Carson Wentz, the Eagles' playoff hopes have fully tanked. This game is a setup for a major NFC South showdown in the NFC Championship game. Falcons 31, Eagles 13

Tennessee Titans (10-7) at New England Patriots (13-3), Saturday at 8:15 EST - NE by 13.5 - Kudos to the Titans to getting past the Chiefs -- that had to be by far the most surprising result of last week's games. That being said, they're heading into Foxboro in January in primetime. They're not making it out of this one. Patriots 34, Titans 10

Jacksonville Jaguars (11-6) at Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4), Sunday at 1:05 EST - PIT by 7.5 - This is looking like a great matchup. If the Jaguars had a quarterback, they'd probably be the favorites to win the Super Bowl, but their defense is enough to keep them competitive with pretty much anyone. They blew the Steelers out in Pittsburgh earlier this season, so there's no reason to think they can't win again. However, the Steelers are playing much better ball now, and watching their offense in full sync against this Jaguars defense should be a lot of fun. I'm going with the safe bet in Pittsburgh, but would not be at all surprised to see an upset here. Steelers 20, Jaguars 13

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Divisional Playoff Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby The Legend » Jan 11, '18, 11:43 am

GAME OF THE WEEK - Sunday at 4:40 EST - New Orleans Saints (12-5) at Minnesota Vikings (13-3), MIN by 4.5 - This game should be fantastic, playoff football at its finest. Both of these teams have championship caliber defenses and have offenses that have functioned at a high level all season. Basically, this game will come down to one question, when going head to head with Drew Brees can Case Keenum continue to deliver or will he fold under postseason pressure. I think the answer is somewhere in between. I expect Keenum and the Vikings to play well, but not quite well enough. UPSET!! NO Saints 31, Minnesota Vikings 30

Atlanta Falcons (11-6) at Philadelphia Eagles (13-3), Saturday at 4:35 EST - ATL by 3 - I feel for Philly, I really do. As a Cleveland fan I understand being snake bitten and Philly was looking like a real Super Bowl contender until Carson Wentz went down. Now instead, the NFC South gets to own the playoffs. Atlanta Falcons 24, Philly Eagles 16

Tennessee Titans (10-7) at New England Patriots (13-3), Saturday at 8:15 EST - NE by 13.5 - NFL fans watching this weekend's games are the real victims of the Chiefs choke job last week. Kansas City could have put an interesting fight up against the Pats. Tennessee has no shot. NE Patriots 27, Tennessee Titans 17

Jacksonville Jaguars (11-6) at Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4), Sunday at 1:05 EST - PIT by 7.5 - This game is going to come down to one thing, which team will run the ball better? In addition to Ben throwing 5 picks, the Jags ran all over Pittsburgh last time. I think Jacksonville can eek out a win this week to. And fuck Pittsburgh. UPSET!! Jacksonville Jaguars 21, Pittsburgh Steelers 20

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Jan 11, '18, 2:55 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK - Sunday at 4:40 EST - New Orleans Saints (12-5) at Minnesota Vikings (13-3), MIN by 4.5 - It will be difficult to beat last weeks Panthers/Saints game, but this one could be awesome. It is no surprise that this game will come down to Case Keenum. He will need to at least match Brees or else Minnesota is in trouble. Vegas has a funny trend here. The line opened at -3.5 and 60% of the public has put money on NOLA. Yet, the line has moved further in Minnesota's favor (-4.5). That says that the sharks know something. MINNESOTA

Atlanta Falcons (11-6) at Philadelphia Eagles (13-3), Saturday at 4:35 EST - ATL by 3 - I don't understand why people are already writing Philly's obituary. Since Wentz got injured, the Eagles are 3-1 with wins at the Rams and against the Raiders. Their only loss came in a worthless week 17 game with no starters in. These teams defense can hang with anyone, and Foles is capable of keeping the Eagles in the game. Imagine a Keenum/Foles NFC Championship game. PHILADELPHIA

Tennessee Titans (10-7) at New England Patriots (13-3), Saturday at 8:15 EST - NE by 13.5 - New England. This isn't worth writing about. I expect New England to win by double digits. NEW ENGLAND

Jacksonville Jaguars (11-6) at Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4), Sunday at 1:05 EST - PIT by 7.5 - I really want to take Jacksonville here. The game should be close and the injury to AB could be huge, but I just can't shake the feeling that Bortles will lose this one. If Fournette will have to be a workhorse. I expect a low scoring game with the Steelers making plays late to close it out. PITTSBURGH

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby JDD » Jan 13, '18, 9:45 am

Pats
Steelers
Vikings
UPSET! Falcons

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby The Legend » Jan 13, '18, 11:28 am

^^^ Falcons aren't an upset, they are favored.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby xgamr » Jan 13, '18, 3:35 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK - Sunday at 4:40 EST - New Orleans Saints (12-5) at Minnesota Vikings (13-3), MIN by 4.5 - Saints

Atlanta Falcons (11-6) at Philadelphia Eagles (13-3), Saturday at 4:35 EST - ATL by 3 - Falcons

Tennessee Titans (10-7) at New England Patriots (13-3), Saturday at 8:15 EST - NE by 13.5 -Pats

Jacksonville Jaguars (11-6) at Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4), Sunday at 1:05 EST - PIT by 7.5 - Steelers

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby The Legend » Jan 19, '18, 4:02 pm

Is @Everlong simply protesting the rest of the season and stopping the picks game just because the Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl?

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Jan 19, '18, 4:21 pm

Ahhh i legitimately thought I'd already posted the picks. I'm losing my mind I'll get them up now

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Return to NFL