It is currently: Apr 20, '24, 12:56 am

Week 14 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Discussion about the National Football League, and predictions, contests and games revolving around the NFL.

Moderator: Everlong

Week 14 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby Everlong » Dec 06, '17, 4:51 pm

Getting down to the nitty gritty! Lots of extremely important games in the next few weeks, especially in the NFC. Here we go.

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (10-2) at Los Angeles Rams (9-3), LAR by 2.5 – Yet another big game for both of these teams. Philadelphia needs a win to keep pace for the #1 seed, and the Rams can work themselves into the picture for a first-round bye with a win here, as well. No longer are the Rams a pushover… their offense is firing on all cylinders, and their defense is vastly underrated. I think we’re in for an outstanding game, but it’s hard for me to pick against the home team. Rams 27, Eagles 24

THURSDAY NIGHT – New Orleans Saints (9-3) at Atlanta Falcons (7-5), NO by 1.5 – Another big game for the NFC. New Orleans can basically finish off Atlanta’s hopes for a divisional title here, and also knock them even further back in the wild card race. So there’s going to be a lot of desperation in Atlanta to pick up the victory. I think that desperation, combined with homefield advantage on a short week, gives Atlanta what they need to pick up a much-needed win, much to my Packers’ chagrin. UPSET! – Atlanta 30, Saints 24

Detroit Lions (6-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-8), DET by 1 – Man, if Aaron Rodgers had been playing this past week, the Bucs probably would have lost by 30. What an awful performance. Just what the doctor ordered for the Lions, who basically need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs at this point. Lions 24, Bucs 13

Chicago Bears (3-9) at Cincinnati Bengals (4-8), CIN by 6 – John Fox now has the worst win percentage for all head coaches in Chicago Bears history. And that’s saying something, because the Bears have had some pretty bad coaches. Going on the road against a feisty Bengals team, it’s hard to see them picking up a W. Bengals 20, Bears 10

Indianapolis Colts (3-9) at Buffalo Bills (6-6), BUF by 4 – Fun fact: if the Colts’ games this season ended at halftime, they’d be 9-3. But they’ll lose this one. Bills 27, Colts 20

Seattle Seahawks (8-4) at Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4), JAX by 2.5 – This is an unusually important game for an inter-conference matchup. The last time these two teams met, the Seahawks were favored by three scores, the Jaguars were the worst team in the league and the Hawks were on their way to a Super Bowl title. How far Jacksonville has come! They’re playing incredible defense and “good enough” offense. The Seahawks are tough, but away from Seattle they’re not quite as scary. If the Jaguars win, this will be the biggest win this franchise has seen in some time. I’m pulling for em. Jaguars 24, Seahawks 21

Oakland Raiders (6-6) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-6), KC by 4 – So it’s come to this for the Chiefs. They blew an absolutely massive divisional lead, and are now in a three-way tie for the AFC West. Home field advantage matters a lot in divisional games, but I have to take the momentum into consideration here. UPSET! – Raiders 27, Chiefs 24

Minnesota Vikings (10-2) at Carolina Panthers (8-4), MIN by 2.5 – Yet another massive matchup for the NFC this week with major playoff implications. The Panthers have a really difficult closing schedule, assuming Aaron Rodgers is back for the Packers next week, so they really need this win here at home. But the Vikings have shown no signs of slowing down, and have been beating team after team, including very good competition, on the road. I think they do Green Bay a solid and take down Carolina. Vikings 26, Panthers 13

Green Bay Packers (6-6) at Cleveland Browns (0-12), GB by 3.5 – This is Cleveland’s best shot at winning a game, maybe for the rest of the year. But on the other hand, the Packers have to know what’s at stake. With Aaron Rodgers eligible to return next week against Carolina assuming he’s medically cleared, the Packers know they absolutely cannot sleep on the Browns if they want to have a shot at running the table to get into the playoffs for the second year in a row. It likely won’t be pretty, but they’ll handle their business. Packers 20, Browns 16

San Francisco 49ers (2-10) at Houston Texans (4-8), HOU by 3 – The Texans have been absolutely slaughtered by injuries, and Jimmy Garoppolo looked good in his first start for the Niners. Give me another Jimmy G win. UPSET! – 49ers 23, Texans 17

Washington (5-7) at Los Angeles Chargers (6-6), LAC by 6 – The Chargers have a ton of momentum and are looking like the future AFC West champs. I don’t see them dropping this one. Chargers 24, Washington 20

New York Jets (5-7) at Denver Broncos (3-9), NYJ by 1 – A 3-13 record by the Broncos would mark their worst ever record in a 16-game season. It’s looking like they could very well get there. Jets 30, Broncos 13

Tennessee Titans (8-4) at Arizona Cardinals (5-7), TEN by 3 – Big game for the Titans. While the Jaguars play Seattle at home, they have to travel to face an Arizona team that already took the Jaguars out in their stadium. Tennessee’s probably the better team here, but they have the same issue as Jacksonville in that they are a young, inexperienced team playing a team that still has some fight in it. I’ll go for the upset. UPSET! – Cardinals 28, Titans 20

Dallas Cowboys (6-6) at New York Giants (2-10), DAL by 4.5 – The Giants are finally free of the stain of McAdoo and Reese, but this year is still not going to end prettily. Cowboys 24, Giants 20

Baltimore Ravens (7-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (10-2), PIT by 5.5 – The Steelers will almost certainly win the division even if they don’t win this game, but it’s still an important one for the Ravens, who are scratching and clawing for a playoff spot. If the season ended today, they’d be the 6 seed, but they need to keep winning just in case a team in the AFC West or the Bills make a final push. But playing at home with a date with New England looming, the Steelers know they need to take care of business. Steelers 30, Ravens 20

New England Patriots (10-2) at Miami Dolphins (5-7), NE by 11 – Is anybody going to be able to stop the Patriots from winning yet another Super Bowl?! Patriots 34, Dolphins 17

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Week 14 NFL Picks and Discussion Thread!

Postby The Legend » Dec 06, '17, 6:32 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (10-2) at Los Angeles Rams (9-3), LAR by 2.5 – Huge game for both teams coming off a loss. The Eagles have basically clinched the NFC LEast despite last week's loss, but still need to fight for home field, or at least a bye. Meanwhile, the Rams are in the driver's seat in the West as well, but are fighting just as hard to catch the Eagles. That cross-country trip could be too much for the Eagles to overcome. LA Rams 24, Philly Eagles 23

THURSDAY NIGHT – New Orleans Saints (9-3) at Atlanta Falcons (7-5), NO by 1.5 – What a great divisional game to kick off the last quarter of the season. Weird things happen in the NFC South and nothing is ever easy. The interesting thing about this game is it's the first time these teams are meeting, the re-match comes in two weeks on Christmas Eve in New Orleans. Right now I'm taking the home team Falcons to stay in the playoff race. UPSET!!! Atlanta Falcons 24, NO Saints 21

Detroit Lions (6-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-8), DET by 1 – This is a really hard game to predict, neither of these teams has found any consistency this season and trying to predict which of these teams will show up on Sunday is difficult. I think there's going to be a bunch of upsets this weekend and this is one of them. UPSET!!! TB Buccaneers 17, Detroit Lions 16

Chicago Bears (3-9) at Cincinnati Bengals (4-8), CIN by 6 – The Bengals are the slightly less crappy of these two pretty crappy football teams. The question is after blowing a golden opportunity on Monday night will that piss off the Bengals and motivate them or crush them? Right now I'll go with motivate them and get the home win. Cincy Bengals 21, Chicago Bears 17

Indianapolis Colts (3-9) at Buffalo Bills (6-6), BUF by 4 – The Bills are barely alive in the AFC playoff race and can't afford to slip up against an inferior opponent like Indy. Buffalo Bills 23, Indy Colts 20

Seattle Seahawks (8-4) at Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4), JAX by 2.5 – While this game looks good on paper, both of these teams are phony. The Seahawks are injury riddled and aging with a closing window. The Jaguars meanwhile have a Bortles hanging around their necks. Jacksonville should win a boring game. Jacksonville Jaguars 14, Seattle Seahawks 13

Oakland Raiders (6-6) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-6), KC by 4 – The Chiefs are a mess right now and while they may be tied for the division lead, I don't think that will last. The Raiders are managing to find their stride, winning three of their last four games. I think they continue that rise. UPSET!!! Oakland Raiders 24, KC Chiefs 22

Minnesota Vikings (10-2) at Carolina Panthers (8-4), MIN by 2.5 – This game makes me the most nervous out of all my picks. I can see where the Panthers could pose some problems for the Vikings defense with their unique offense with Newton and McCaffrey. However, I think Minnesota can hold up to the challenge and continue their march towards a playoff bye. Minnesota Vikings 23, Carolina Panthers 19

Green Bay Packers (6-6) at Cleveland Browns (0-12), GB by 3.5 – Here the Browns sit without a win and only four games left in the season yet again. They continue to test my theory that no team in the NFL will go winless for a season again. That being said, I think they will win another game, they've got Brett Hundley this week, the Bears on Christmas Eve and a Pittsburgh team that probably won't have anything left to play for. I'm picking Brett Hundley to Brett Hundley all over this game. UPSET!!! Cleveland Browns 24, GB Packers 17

San Francisco 49ers (2-10) at Houston Texans (4-8), HOU by 3 – San Francisco picked up the win in Jimmy G's debut, albeit in an unconventional, not impressive fashion. Now they get the hapless Texans in town and I think the winning streak continues. UPSET!!! SF Niners 27, Houston Texans 21

Washington (5-7) at Los Angeles Chargers (6-6), LAC by 6 – This is another difficult game to predict. The Chargers need this game more as they are battling for the postseason, meanwhile Washington is way on the outside looking in. I think LA gets the win. LA Chargers 27, Washington 20

New York Jets (5-7) at Denver Broncos (3-9), NYJ by 1 – Nothing interesting to see here. NY Jets 23,
Denver Broncos 20

Tennessee Titans (8-4) at Arizona Cardinals (5-7), TEN by 3 – Man the back-half of this week's schedule sucks. Tennessee Titans 24, Arizona Cardinals 20

Dallas Cowboys (6-6) at New York Giants (2-10), DAL by 4.5 – Somehow the Giants made Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown not the first coach and GM to be fired. This organization is a mess and Dallas should reap the rewards for that mess. Dallas Cowboys 24, NY Giants 19

Baltimore Ravens (7-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (10-2), PIT by 5.5 – This part of the schedule isn't doing Pittsburgh any favors. Following a Monday night in which they had to fight back in a physical game against Cincy, they get another brutal primetime game against a division rival in a game that should be just as physical as the week before. Pittsburgh Steelers 28, Baltimore Ravens 27

New England Patriots (10-2) at Miami Dolphins (5-7), NE by 11 – Seriously? NE Patriots 28, Miami Dolphins 17

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby xgamr » Dec 07, '17, 9:06 am

Missed all 1pm games but will do all others

Saints
Jets
Cards
Chargers
Eagles
Seahawks
Steelers
Pats

Last edited by xgamr on Dec 10, '17, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby JDD » Dec 07, '17, 4:05 pm

Saints

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (10-2) at Los Angeles Rams (9-3), LAR by 2.5[/b] – RAMS

Detroit Lions (6-6) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-8), DET by 1 – DETROIT

Chicago Bears (3-9) at Cincinnati Bengals (4-8), CIN by 6 – CINCINNATI

Indianapolis Colts (3-9) at Buffalo Bills (6-6), BUF by 4 – BUFFALO

Seattle Seahawks (8-4) at Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4), JAX by 2.5 - JAGS

Oakland Raiders (6-6) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-6), KC by 4UPSET!! OAKLAND

Minnesota Vikings (10-2) at Carolina Panthers (8-4), MIN by 2.5 – MINNESOTA

Green Bay Packers (6-6) at Cleveland Browns (0-12), GB by 3.5 – GREEN BAY

San Francisco 49ers (2-10) at Houston Texans (4-8), HOU by 3 – HOUSTON

Washington (5-7) at Los Angeles Chargers (6-6), LAC by 6 – CHARGERS

New York Jets (5-7) at Denver Broncos (3-9), NYJ by 1UPSET!! DENVER

Tennessee Titans (8-4) at Arizona Cardinals (5-7), TEN by 3 – TENNESSEE

Dallas Cowboys (6-6) at New York Giants (2-10), DAL by 4.5 – UPSET! Giants

Baltimore Ravens (7-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (10-2), PIT by 5.5 – PITTSBURGH

New England Patriots (10-2) at Miami Dolphins (5-7), NE by 11 – NEW ENGLAND

Last edited by JDD on Dec 10, '17, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Str8Shooter » Dec 09, '17, 9:48 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK – Philadelphia Eagles (10-2) at Los Angeles Rams (9-3), LAR by 2.5 – RAMS

Seattle Seahawks (8-4) at Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4), JAX by 2.5UPSET!! SEATTLE

Oakland Raiders (6-6) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-6), KC by 4UPSET!! OAKLAND

Washington (5-7) at Los Angeles Chargers (6-6), LAC by 6 – CHARGERS

New York Jets (5-7) at Denver Broncos (3-9), NYJ by 1UPSET!! DENVER

Dallas Cowboys (6-6) at New York Giants (2-10), DAL by 4.5 – DALLAS

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Dec 10, '17, 8:37 am

Philadelphia Eagles (10-2) at Los Angeles Rams (9-3), LAR by 2.5[/b] – EAGLES

Seattle Seahawks (8-4) at Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4), JAX by 2.5 - SEATTLE

Oakland Raiders (6-6) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-6), KC by 4 – KANSAS CITY

Washington (5-7) at Los Angeles Chargers (6-6), LAC by 6 – WASHINGTON

New York Jets (5-7) at Denver Broncos (3-9), NYJ by 1 – NEW YORK

Dallas Cowboys (6-6) at New York Giants (2-10), DAL by 4.5 – DALLAS

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to NFL